Yvonne Vernee - Just Like You Did Me

Guest Beeks

Guest Beeks

Sorry to bore you but hey...I just cant stop playing it...its creeping its way into my all time top tracks...you just have to love that piano riff...LOVE IT!! :unsure:

Social source share

• Replies 40
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Beeks

Don't like it, never liked it, it's just lacking in something...a decent song I think. Backing track is great though.

That puzzles me Pete...I think its got everything there which makes a great record...but hey...each to their own :unsure:

Social source share

Guest Beeks

Dunno, I remember it getting it's first ever spins at Wigan and it didn't quite do it for me.

Im just a sucker for mid-tempo records with catchy riff lines so it was always going to be a winner for me :unsure:

Social source share

Guest CliftonHall1

Dunno, I remember it getting it's first ever spins at Wigan and it didn't quite do it for me.

Played by Mr Levine first at the Mecca.............before Station Road

Social source share

Guest CliftonHall1

Played by Mr Levine first at the Mecca.............before Station Road

and perhaps the Ultimate Northern record....BUT....to each is own......

Social source share

never did it for me either pete from first time it was spun at wigan, preferred the other one by her 'does he love me anymore' think that was c/up as vickie baines ' all that i wonder'....class

Social source share

It s a proper soul record of the finest type imho.

It was lovely to meet her last year at Northampton , she was singing lead for the Elgins. She s an absolute darling and still has got a brilliant voice. She sang the line" Just like you did me" to us in the bar and said she wished she hadnt papered her flat with those Sonbert discs :lol:

https://www.livevideo.com/video/C49B5B25A29...-like-you-.aspx

From a few years ago!

Edited by Catriona
Social source share

Guest Beeks

In my top 5 of all time. Upbeat (Mid Tempo my arse!), great young femme vocal, kitchen sink production. Great record with great memories attached.

I think although I have a decent knowledge of the scene I fall flat on this subject of mid tempo...to me this track is mid tempo...its not a ballad...its not a stomper...then surely its somewhere in the middle? :D confuses me so can anyone clarify?

Social source share

I think although I have a decent knowledge of the scene I fall flat on this subject of mid tempo...to me this track is mid tempo...its not a ballad...its not a stomper...then surely its somewhere in the middle? :D confuses me so can anyone clarify?

Compared to Tim Tam and The Turn Ons its mid tempo, but in general turms always been known as uptempo.

Social source share

It s a proper soul record of the finest type imho.

It was lovely to meet her last year at Northampton , she was singing lead for the Elgins. She s an absolute darling and still has got a brilliant voice. She sang the line" Just like you did me" to us in the bar and said she wished she hadnt papered her flat with those Sonbert discs :thumbup:

https://www.livevideo.com/video/C49B5B25A29...-like-you-.aspx

From a few years ago!

never seen that what a foookin voice top class :D

Social source share

Guest Beeks

Compared to Tim Tam and The Turn Ons its mid tempo, but in general turms always been known as uptempo.

see thats what I thought Tim...there are alot faster tracks out there than this...granted there are alot slower haha :D but ive always seen uptempo as stuff like you mentioned and others like Luther Ingram 'If its all the same' my fave Frankie Valli 'The Night' etc etc.

Social source share

And what exactly is the relation to Tim Tam, why exactly are you classing the 2 records together. totally lost on the connection.

Yvonne Vernee is a proper NS record, Tim Tam is a toy town NS record for the plastic generation, or am I missing something???

Social source share

And what exactly is the relation to Tim Tam, why exactly are you classing the 2 records together. totally lost on the connection.

Yvonne Vernee is a proper NS record, Tim Tam is a toy town NS record for the plastic generation, or am I missing something???

Speed dear boy, not quality

Social source share

Speed dear boy, not quality

IMVHO (aka covering my a**e) you would have had to take enough of it to kill a horse to even consider Tim Tam anything to do with this. Thats like comparing it to a Dickies (or whatver they were called) song or Ramones record, in fact they probably have more in common than Bim Bam and the Turn Offs or whatever its called.

Social source share

I think he meant the speed like JJ Barnes our love instead he chose a crap pop record laugh.gif

Social source share

never seen that what a foookin voice top class :thumbsup:

I was there that night...frickin' incredible moment when she sang that after her Elgins set. Shame she came in too soon before the inst break finished, but hey it didn't matter then and it doesn't matter now. Nice to see that footage...thanks for the link.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I fall flat on this subject of mid tempo...to me this track is mid tempo...its not a ballad...its not a stomper...then surely its somewhere in the middle? :thumbsup: confuses me so can anyone clarify?

Mid-tempo doesn't fall between uptempo and slow, when people say mid-tempo they mean slow, think Bobby Hutton - Come See.. etc..

It's not a hundred miles an hour like The Combinations - Watcha Gonna Do, but Yvonne Vernee is still uptempo.

Hope that makes sense. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Mid-tempo doesn't fall between uptempo and slow, when people say mid-tempo they mean slow, think Bobby Hutton - Come See.. etc..

It's not a hundred miles an hour like The Combinations - Watcha Gonna Do, but Yvonne Vernee is still uptempo.

Hope that makes sense. :shades:

MAKES SENSE TO ME MATT.

Social source share

Sorry to bore you but hey...I just cant stop playing it...its creeping its way into my all time top tracks...you just have to love that piano riff...LOVE IT!! :shades:

Its the hook ........... the piano that gets me. I love it !

I love the headliners and larry allen etc for the same sort of piano hook!

Great tune !

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert