This Week's Original Mastercuts Show 29/6/08 - Playlist & Link

Hi All,

Another beautiful Sunday afternoon spent in the bowels of Starpoint Towers digging out some underplayed gems and some belting classics.

Incidentaly, if anyone can identify Track 1 it'd be handy! Al lifted it for the opening mix but it's from an unidentified source LOL! Who is it? My guess off the top of my head was Side Effect but it sounds just too New York really.......so who is it? We KNOW that voice! Shout out and a couple of CD's to whoever can identify it, OK?

Just hit the live link below the playlist (or paste it directly into your browser bar) and you're in! Try it, it gets strangely addictive after a while...............

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst & Alan Champ - Sunday 29th June 2008 on www.starpointradio.com

To download the show simply hit the links below! Or for this and all archived shows please pay a visit to www.sixmillionsteps.com where you can download the last 4 weeks worth of all Six Million Steps produced shows. That's 16 hours of free music over the last 4 weeks alone! Plus, loads of new fully downloadable KILLER mixes in a variety of styles.

So let's go with this week's show:-

1st Hour

Opening Mix:

Spyder Turner - Get Down

The Jackson Sisters - I Believe In Miracles - Close Mix

Alton McClain & Destiny - It Must Be Love (U.S. Remix)

Pike - Good Feelings

Wynd Chymes - Festival

Skipworth & Turner - Street Parade

La Trece - I Want To Thank You

September - Are You Free Tonight

Dolette McDonald, - Special

Paradise - One Mind, Two Hearts

Sylvia Bennett - You're My Fantasy

Sharon Ridley - Changin'

2nd Hour

The Funky Sisters - Do It To It

Dave Love - Colalined Baby

Ty Karim - You Really Made It Good To Me

The Natural Four - I Thought You Were Mine

David Oliver - I Surrender

Cania - Visions

Passage - I See The Light

Flowers - For Real

Cut Glass - Rising Cost Of Love

Robert Upchurch - The Devil Made Me Do It

Ricky Dillard - As Always

Download direct - https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2008-06-29-Starpoint.mp3

Don't forget to send in any requests, dedications and large brown envelopes filled with cash. We'll be pleased to honour the dedications and pleased to spend the cash.

Enjoy!

Ian D :wave:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi there Ian & Alan!

Great, great show!

Favourites:

Any Guesses? - Dancin' Shoes

Pike - Good Feelings

Flowers - For Real

The opening track is defintitely not Side Effect´s "Dancin´ Shoes". I know the track very well, I have it somewhere in my collection, and it was included on one of my old mixtapes. But my mind is all blank at the mo, who is the artist - anyone who can help?

Cheers,

Melismo

Social source share

Hi there Ian & Alan!

Great, great show!

Favourites:

Any Guesses? - Dancin' Shoes

Pike - Good Feelings

Flowers - For Real

The opening track is defintitely not Side Effect´s "Dancin´ Shoes". I know the track very well, I have it somewhere in my collection, and it was included on one of my old mixtapes. But my mind is all blank at the mo, who is the artist - anyone who can help?

Cheers,

Melismo

Hi Mel,

Yep, I can help LOL!

The mystery has now been solved - thanks to Lynnfrom www.Ebonycuts.com for the info LOL!

We did in fact kick off the show with Spyder Turner's "Get Down" from the 'Music Web' album.

Would have been just way to cheesy to play back then but sounds just great now and what a performance! Boogie on dudes.........

Ian D :ohmy:

Social source share

We did in fact kick off the show with Spyder Turner's "Get Down" from the 'Music Web' album.

And it´s on a cheapie album, which is good news of course...LOL...

My first two copies of `Music Web´ had some irritating surface noise,

but I think the copy I have now plays fine. Will have to dig it out again.

BTW, is Alan a member of this forum?

Cheers,

Melismo

Social source share

Hi All,

Another beautiful Sunday afternoon spent in the bowels of Starpoint Towers digging out some underplayed gems and some belting classics.

Incidentaly, if anyone can identify Track 1 it'd be handy! Al lifted it for the opening mix but it's from an unidentified source LOL! Who is it? My guess off the top of my head was Side Effect but it sounds just too New York really.......so who is it? We KNOW that voice! Shout out and a couple of CD's to whoever can identify it, OK?

Just hit the live link below the playlist (or paste it directly into your browser bar) and you're in! Try it, it gets strangely addictive after a while...............

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst & Alan Champ - Sunday 29th June 2008 on www.starpointradio.com

To download the show simply hit the links below! Or for this and all archived shows please pay a visit to www.sixmillionsteps.com where you can download the last 4 weeks worth of all Six Million Steps produced shows. That's 16 hours of free music over the last 4 weeks alone! Plus, loads of new fully downloadable KILLER mixes in a variety of styles.

So let's go with this week's show:-

1st Hour

Opening Mix:

Spyder Turner - Get Down

The Jackson Sisters - I Believe In Miracles - Close Mix

Alton McClain & Destiny - It Must Be Love (U.S. Remix)

Pike - Good Feelings

Wynd Chymes - Festival

Skipworth & Turner - Street Parade

Paradise - One Mind, Two Hearts

Sylvia Bennett - You're My Fantasy

Sharon Ridley - Changin'

2nd Hour

The Funky Sisters - Do It To It

Ty Karim - You Really Made It Good To Me

The Natural Four - I Thought You Were Mine

David Oliver - I Surrender

Cania - Visions

Passage - I See The Light

Flowers - For Real

Ricky Dillard - As Always

Download direct - https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2008-06-29-Starpoint.mp3

Don't forget to send in any requests, dedications and large brown envelopes filled with cash. We'll be pleased to honour the dedications and pleased to spend the cash.

Enjoy!

Ian D :D

Yup! :lol:

Nice one Frank. Thanks for the post. Some great listening there.

The Ebony link is wicked too!

Peter

Ironside!

:lol:

Social source share

And it´s on a cheapie album, which is good news of course...LOL...

My first two copies of `Music Web´ had some irritating surface noise,

but I think the copy I have now plays fine. Will have to dig it out again.

BTW, is Alan a member of this forum?

Cheers,

Melismo

Yeah I think he is Mel, but he's what we call in the trade 'an enigmatic poster' - in other words he doesn't actually post too much but he dives in every now and then and has a good old look around........

I remember buying the Spyder Turner Whitfield album when it came out and not being able to find anything on there which was remotely playable at the time. In fairness "Get Down" is a bit cheesy but cheesy seems to be the new black in some circles LOL......

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

And coming up tomorrow between 2.00-4.00pm LIVE on your favourite station is another burst of incredible tunes and underplayed gems which span the spectrum of great Soul music......

.....plus the usual irreverent chatter in between with Ian and Al!

Coming up tomorrow.....

Mandrill, Fever, Crown Heights Affair, Scheer Music, Sanctuary, The Rainbow Team, Asso, Bliss, Deodato, Finesse, The Supremes, The Detroit Strings, E. Rodney Jones, Bull, Patrice Holloway, Unity, John Simmons, Main Ingredient, Jeffree, Larry Whittington, Smoke, Charles McCormick, Debbie Taylor, Johnny Bristol, The Jacksons, Stephanie Mills

Miss at your peril LOL.....

Ian D :thumbup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert