Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest soul kitten

Love factory by eloise laws

i still say she sings shoo ba do pa dop in the 1st verse ,

others say its some thing about a dog but i prefer my words . :thumbup:

Social source share

after taping sounds at Wigan..I went round to Dave raistricks house & we started to try and figure out the 'new' sounds..Frankie & the one man corner 'Son of dynamite' also thought Salvadores was Micheal & raymond '..a man without a woman might just...ANYONE EVER figure out whats the reversed wierd spoken break in 'Scratchy'?[/color]

The spoken words in " Scratchy " are as follows ..........

" UOY SEVOL GNAG EHT , TIBBANGNAD NIATYPPAC "

Translated - when reversed - means " CAPPYTAIN DANGNABBIT , THE GANG LOVES YOU " ........

Now you can sleep easily from now on :thumbup: ........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

love to know what people thought JUNE JACKSON-ITS WHATS UNDERNEATH THAT COUNTS was cos i certainly didn`t think it was that, i also thought the NEW WANDERERS-THIS MAN IN LOVE was SO FINE :D:P:D

I thought that the New Wanderers were singing "Soul Time".

Also thought Jackie DeShannon - Find Me Love was "Funny Love".

Social source share

love to know what people thought JUNE JACKSON-ITS WHATS UNDERNEATH THAT COUNTS was cos i certainly didn`t think it was that, i also thought the NEW WANDERERS-THIS MAN IN LOVE was SO FINE :D:P:D

Harry

PMSL here coz it brought really funny memories back of June Jackson we heard my mate singing get down on your knees get down and honestly it really does sound like that if you listen to it laugh.gif .

We also used to listen to Dave Evisons show years ago and we had a tape of it on in the car and our kids were singing along to Johnny Gillian - Roomful Tears but they were singing spoonful of cheese :ohmy: we wrote into Dave and he played a request for them laughing his head off, got it on tape somewhere.

Sharon

Social source share

We also used to listen to Dave Evisons show years ago and we had a tape of it on in the car and our kids were singing along to Johnny Gillian - Roomful Tears but they were singing spoonful of cheese :D we wrote into Dave and he played a request for them laughing his head off, got it on tape somewhere.

That's gotta be the best so far, can't wait to hear it out again and sing the new words... :P

Social source share

Guest Una Scot-Oz

Two wrong parts to this - 'I went out last night - chopping wood" "She was a sweet loving woman and I knew she would .... because Hollywood" I still have to correct myself when I hear it. - I Need You by Idunno!

We actually spoke about this last night. I went for years not knowing who the artists were because in the days before CD's and computers we only had our cassette tapes (especially us girls who didn't collect records) I know more now than I did then. I do however know every single beat of the records I dance to.

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

Hey Una....it's by Shane Martin.

KTF

Baz

Two wrong parts to this - 'I went out last night - chopping wood" "She was a sweet loving woman and I knew she would .... because Hollywood" I still have to correct myself when I hear it. - I Need You by Idunno!

Social source share

after taping sounds at Wigan..I went round to Dave raistricks house & we started to try and figure out the 'new' sounds..Frankie & the one man corner 'Son of dynamite' also thought Salvadores was Micheal & raymond '..a man without a woman might just...ANYONE EVER figure out whats the reversed wierd spoken break in 'Scratchy'?

Love the thread guy's. I alway's thought the men in black song went " here comes the mini bus ". Do you reckon they were picking soulies up to transport them to a soul night lol ??? Tony " T BONE " South West Soul, Western Australia. Stay soulful.

Social source share

Love the thread guy's. I alway's thought the men in black song went " here comes the mini bus ". Do you reckon they were picking soulies up to transport them to a soul night lol ??? Tony " T BONE " South West Soul, Western Australia. Stay soulful.

When DJ Genesis surfaced , someone asked me in all sincerity , if I knew anything about Betty Tonight , as the record was about her ..........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest Glynn Jones

I always assumed - and still do , until someone puts me right - that the singer in The Vibrations sang " Paleface , Paleface " , in the middle of " 'Cause Your Mine " ........

Malc Burton

I think it's " play that thing. play that thing. I hear you play it now baby." Well that's what it sounds like to me. :lol:

Oh and Tyrone Barkley was "There's got to be a man about you".

Edited by Glynn Jones
Social source share

I think it's " play that thing. play that thing. I hear you play it now baby." Well that's what it sounds like to me. :lol:

Oh and Tyrone Barkley was "There's got to be a man about you".

I have listened to repeated plays of the middle of the " CYM " clip , and still have not got a clue ........

Bugger it : I will stick with " Paleface , Paleface " :thumbsup: ........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Just for fun!!!

A few months ago I was doing a bit of reminiscing with my old mate Shute and we started to talk about what you thought it was?

That is when you first heard the record and thought that's good, I want one of them and went searching for that elusive 45 without knowing the correct title or the artist and just going on the chorous line of the record.

I'll start you off with a couple, now don't be shy as this is just for fun :thumbsup:

IKE & TINA TURNER - BRUSH MY ROOM

COOPERETTES - SHAKE A LEG

Back in 73 when i first heard Lou Courtney to my ears it was Trying to find my walrus (not woman)

I think i,ve spelt it right (big over sized seal with tusks)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert