What Did You Think It Was ?

Just for fun!!!

A few months ago I was doing a bit of reminiscing with my old mate Shute and we started to talk about what you thought it was?

That is when you first heard the record and thought that's good, I want one of them and went searching for that elusive 45 without knowing the correct title or the artist and just going on the chorous line of the record.

I'll start you off with a couple, now don't be shy as this is just for fun :thumbsup:

IKE & TINA TURNER - BRUSH MY ROOM

COOPERETTES - SHAKE A LEG

Social source share

• Replies 76
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest veep1296

Just for fun!!!

A few months ago I was doing a bit of reminiscing with my old mate Shute and we started to talk about what you thought it was?

That is when you first heard the record and thought that's good, I want one of them and went searching for that elusive 45 without knowing the correct title or the artist and just going on the chorous line of the record.

I'll start you off with a couple, now don't be shy as this is just for fun :thumbsup:

I used to jot things down in the early seventies...

Vicky Farrell Set my heart at ease (Mikki Farrow!...not bad!?)

Also best guess!

Patti & the Emblems You better believe it... ( Im gonna love..) Got one almost immediately after buying "blind"from a "hippie" type dealer from West London called Geoff Killick.

Too shy to ask!

How is Florida Mark? Hot & Humid?

Regards

David

Social source share

Also best guess!

Patti & the Emblems You better believe it... ( Im gonna love..) Got one almost immediately after buying "blind"from a "hippie" type dealer from West London called Geoff Killick.

Too shy to ask!

Regards

David

Love that one :thumbsup:

Social source share

This is the best one, I won't say who it is to save his blushes but my friend used to tape the Dave Evison show off Radio Stoke, this is circa 1988, and he wrote down the playlists, anyway one of them was "You Really Made It Good" by TIKA IM :thumbsup:

(Ty Karim)

Social source share

Guest Mark Holmes

Also best guess!

Too shy to ask!

Regards

David

Hey Dave, yep hot and humid, you only have to spit and it rains biggrin.gif

Social source share

ph34r.gif

Just for fun!!!

I'll start you off with a couple, now don't be shy as this is just for fun :(

Hi, not quite on this thread but a Gem. Was at Trentham niter to see the Dells and a "soul fan" asked me at the bar "oi mate what time is Archie bell and the Dells on" and i don't think he was on scampering dust either :lol: ....I replied, "depending which one is your favorite you might have f****d up mate". he just looked when I explained. Here I go again... runnin for cover... na won't work. :lol::lol:

kimbo

Social source share

Allways remember swish walking out of the record bar at wigan holding del-capris-hey little girl, he said it only cost me a fiver i said thats about right isn`t it, he thought it was the del-capris c/u searling was playing laugh.gif:lol::( another one i bought i`m a devil-elliott small, believing it was posse-evil, got a shock when i got home, a young lady from the york crowd asked me to keep y eyes open for BULLY FOR YOU? i said who`s it by to wich she replied SHARON SCOTT :lol::lol:laugh.gif

Social source share

Back in the day, I remember being told about the instrumental that was called "Choc Ice" by one person and "Cold Cheese" by another. Of course they were both by Paul Humphrey laugh.gif .

I do remember at my first time at the Mecca, asking Colin Curtis to Play "You broke My Heart In Two". Well th's what I thought Frankie beverly "If That's What You Wanted" was Called.

Paul

Social source share

Back in the day, I remember being told about the instrumental that was called "Choc Ice" by one person and "Cold Cheese" by another. Of course they were both by Paul Humphrey laugh.gif .

I do remember at my first time at the Mecca, asking Colin Curtis to Play "You broke My Heart In Two". Well th's what I thought Frankie beverly "If That's What You Wanted" was Called.

Paul

Brilliant, so far we've had some crackers, keep it up :lol:

Social source share

Remember a mate asking me to look out for a tune called Stand Clear

So after ruining my night at Wigan --on a mission---pestering everyone i could think of --no joy

Weeks later i found out he was after Game Players ---Dooley Silverspoon

Sniffing far to much vim in those days

Social source share

here's a couple and I bet I wasn't the only one unsure.gif

You're my Girl----Little Richard

I love you-------Creation

At the beginnings of its' plays , and until I was shown a copy , I thought " Ain't That Right " was by Bri Schoefield biggrin.gif ........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest Keep the Boy Happy

Learning to trust my man - Sisters Love

"You aint got no TV"

:wicked:

Heard that one before around these parts, (could be a Burnley thing) and also heard of someone who sang 'shop at Tesco' to Manifesto!!

Social source share

Guest Glynn Jones

dance with me, dance wth me = Don't Pity Me - Sue Lynn

Used to think this was "Talk to me. Talk to me". :wicked:

Social source share

A guy once asked me what was that record they play at The Highland Room & Wigan called "Brylcreem" - it turned out to be "Doomsday" by Evelyn Thomas - if you listen to the chorus you can kind of understand where he was coming from.

Knew a girl who thought Lou Edwards was "Talking About Uncle"

Edited by epic
Social source share

Thought sadie sadie ripple blast singers was shady shady even was asking dealers have they got the lp with this on it head is hung in shame

Social source share

Guest Pablo

First single I bought off a market stall, and i asked for "Bark The Bark" by Charlies Angels!!

Duhhhhh!!!

Pablo

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

A couple from me....The Del Larks - Job Opening....I heard 'There's a job opening for a serious heartbreaker' instead of 'an experienced bartender'......once a guy at work said...'they've just been playing that soul stuff you like on the radio' I replied 'oh yeah, what'....he said The Supremes - Stop In The Neighbourhood'...lol

Of course there are a few we used to change the words to...Anderson Brothers - I can see him making pies, chip & gravy

KTF

Baz

Social source share

Learning to trust my man - Sisters Love

"You aint got no TV"

:lol:

Heard that one before around these parts, (could be a Burnley thing) and also heard of someone who sang 'shop at Tesco' to Manifesto!!

First heard Shop at Tesco from Rowland (Oxford) at Wigan in 1976.

Also remember a song we called 'Tina's feet' (It's the beat?).

Now it's got in my brain and I keep hearing it - still not sure what it's actually called!

Social source share

And it's laiden in my heart - Tony Middleton

Now what's a Spanish maiden got to do with the words I heard... :ohmy:

But then I never did hear any of the words properly, still don't, I just sing my own versions... :lol:

I always assumed - and still do , until someone puts me right - that the singer in The Vibrations sang " Paleface , Paleface " , in the middle of " 'Cause Your Mine " ........

In respect of alternate titles for tunes , one person I knew would not accept it was called " Cochise " , stating it was " Choc Ice " , and was misspelt on the label .........

Malc Burton

Social source share

I always assumed - and still do , until someone puts me right - that the singer in The Vibrations sang " Paleface , Paleface " , in the middle of " 'Cause Your Mine " ........

In respect of alternate titles for tunes , one person I knew would not accept it was called " Cochise " , stating it was " Choc Ice " , and was misspelt on the label .........

Malc Burton

after taping sounds at Wigan..I went round to Dave raistricks house & we started to try and figure out the 'new' sounds..Frankie & the one man corner 'Son of dynamite' also thought Salvadores was Micheal & raymond '..a man without a woman might just...ANYONE EVER figure out whats the reversed wierd spoken break in 'Scratchy'?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert