How Would You Handle This Situation

sorry if this is in the wrong thread - not sure where to put it.

How would others handle this situation, I am at a loss? :lol: I will try to keep it brief.

In March a trade is agreed with a 'friend' who I thought I could trust. I post him a mint copy of record A. He is meant to send me a mint copy of record B. I receive nothing despite my contacting him many times.

In May I see him at an allnighter and he has a copy of record B however it resembles 'mint' as much as a fruit pastel does! The label is worn terribly and the vinyl looks like Torvill & Dean have been practicing their Bellaro routine on it. I refuse to take record B in that condition and ask for record A back - it is sold on.

I was then told I will receive a list that I can choose from in replacement. I get a list full of trash with nothing that I would consider buying at half the price. I ask for a cash replacement, giving a HUGE reduction in price agreed. Guy tells me he is selling some BIG money records and I will receive cash then.

BIG money records appear on here and are sold. Still I get nothing.

I received a text two weeks ago saying that he has boxed up a load of his remaining records and will post them to me - at last some compensation! The text also contained a message asking me for a favour???

I have heard nothing from the guy since. unsure.gif

Mike

Social source share

• Replies 36
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

How would others handle this situation, I am at a loss? :lol: I will try to keep it brief.

In March a trade is agreed with a 'friend' who I thought I could trust. I post him a mint copy of record A. He is meant to send me a mint copy of record B. I receive nothing despite my contacting him many times.

In May I see him at an allnighter and he has a copy of record B however it resembles 'mint' as much as a fruit pastel does! The label is worn terribly and the vinyl looks like Torvill & Dean have been practicing their Bellaro routine on it. I refuse to take record B in that condition and ask for record A back - it is sold on.

I was then told I will receive a list that I can choose from in replacement. I get a list full of trash with nothing that I would consider buying at half the price. I ask for a cash replacement, giving a HUGE reduction in price agreed. Guy tells me he is selling some BIG money records and I will receive cash then.

I received a text two weeks ago saying that he has boxed up a load of his remaining records and will post them to me - at last some compensation! The text also contained a message asking me for a favour???

Mike

If he can't supply record 'B' as agreed then a full refund should be offered, can't believe he sold record 'A' before he completed the deal with you, still if you name and shame him on here no doubt there will be excuses left right and sideways and you will still not get your record or money back as some people have a knack of fucking people around and still come up smelling of roses, personally I would have stuck one on him but that's just me.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Dealing with mates is like working with family (especially extended), its just a matter of time before they screw up.

Assuming your non violent, as an alternative to retribution, write down what happened bit by bit and send it to him with a note indicating that you will take him to a small claims court (unless record A was the Magnetics or the like) unless a solution is found PDQ. then he will know whats happens if he continues to ignore it.

Also as previously mentioned, name names, so the couple of thousand soul-sources reading this forum avoid the same plight and put pressure on the bounder to save a reputation.

Ed

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Forgive him.

Don't know about John 14:6 I think a bit of Ezekiel 25:17 is more the case! laugh.gif

post-1355-1214593847_thumb.jpg

post-1355-1214593847_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

OK, difficult one.

Give the guy a little room to manouver.

The credit-crunch means cash-flow is not what it used to be and if the guy's a dealer he may well have over-extended himself. Tell him you need complete resolution and fix a reasonable timetable.

Tell him straight that if he messes up you'll be pissed-off and after that all bets will be off and his reputation will potentially be in tatters forevermore.....

That's probably what I do if it's any help.

Hope it gets resolved pronto.

Ian D :D

Social source share

UMMMMMM TORVILLE AND DEAN AT A SOUL NIGHT I ALWAYS FANCIED HER ,SHE HAD A GREAT PAIR OF LEGS AND NO PERSONALITY AT ALL ! YOU HAVE THREE OPTIONS TO DEAL WITH THIS GUY WHO IS OBVIOUSLY TAKING YOUR GOOD NATURE FOR GRANTED.

1. SEND HIM TO THE GLUT OF SOUL NIGHTS UP AND DOWN THE COUNTRY AND INSIST HE LISTENS TO THE CARSTAIRS AND JOEY DELERONZO AT LEAST 3 TIMES EACH.

2.SUGEST WIGAN CAFINO AND SPIKE HIS LARTE!

3 SUGGEST BRUNCH NOT CREDIT GRUNCH! [OH AND FORGIVE HIM]

BAZ A laugh.gif

Social source share

I have heard nothing from the guy since. :wicked:

Mike

whistling.gifhow long have you given im to sort out ? if not sorted name and shame will do him more harm but like mark say "he will come out of it smelling of rose's they allways do people like that, good luck any way regards john"o"
Social source share

Nice one Phil. It's not you is it? laugh.gif

No. Not at all.

I have however caused people problems in the past I admit. And as I come across people whom I have previously wronged I am sorting these issues out.

I just hope I live long enough to undo all my wrongs. It's a big list as I was a total twat for much of my life.

Phil

Social source share

No. Not at all.

I have however caused people problems in the past I admit. And as I come across people whom I have previously wronged I am sorting these issues out.

I just hope I live long enough to undo all my wrongs. It's a big list as I was a total twat for much of my life.

Phil

nice post bud, i admire yr honesty

Social source share

No. Not at all.

Phil

Thank you all for taking the time to respond. All of your comments are very much appreciated (especially pikeys dog, 'set his hair alite' :wicked: ).

Phil, your post really stings :lol: I am taking similar steps in my life and your post has given another perspective that now makes me feel a bit of a hypocrite hypocrite.gif

mike

Social source share

Thank you all for taking the time to respond. All of your comments are very much appreciated (especially pikeys dog, 'set his hair alite' :wicked: ).

Phil, your post really stings :lol: I am taking similar steps in my life and your post has given another perspective that now makes me feel a bit of a hypocrite hypocrite.gif

mike

Sorry Mike.

Didn't mean to "sting". However, if he is/was a friend then I think you'll find forgiving him and then discussing it with him will quite possibly "sting" him into sorting the issue out.

Phil

Social source share

Guest Trevski

No. Not at all.

Phil

Sounds strangely familiar... laugh.gif

post-1355-1214611762_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

I'd set fire to his hair.

I've always wanted to do this to someone

Maybe I will one day....

As for this problem, have you spoken to said friend properly about it? Let him know that this has taken too long to resolve etc and that as friends you'd trusted him to honour his part of the deal. let him know that you're no longer willing to accept vinyl in payment, but would like the cash. What did he sell the record for, as thats the money that you should receive.

Got to agree with what someone else said though - there are a lot of arseholes out there that always come up smelling of roses.

Social source share

Maybe I will one day....

As for this problem, have you spoken to said friend properly about it? Let him know that this has taken too long to resolve etc and that as friends you'd trusted him to honour his part of the deal. let him know that you're no longer willing to accept vinyl in payment, but would like the cash. What did he sell the record for, as thats the money that you should receive.

Got to agree with what someone else said though - there are a lot of arseholes out there that always come up smelling of roses.

hi Kirsty. have spoken many times over a 3 month period and have gotten nowhere.

I have decided to take Phild's advice as i have not been squeeky cleen myself in the past - and like phild, i too have a list of amends that i am working through ph34r.gif

who knows, one day the guy may have a change of attitude and i will get reimbursed then.

Trevski: 'my name is earl' made me laugh as my missus makes referrence to that constantly :lol:

thanks again for all your responses. the matter has been put to bed for me now :thumbsup:

mike

Social source share

hi Kirsty. have spoken many times over a 3 month period and have gotten nowhere.

I have decided to take Phild's advice as i have not been squeeky cleen myself in the past - and like phild, i too have a list of amends that i am working through :lol:

who knows, one day the guy may have a change of attitude and i will get reimbursed then.

Trevski: 'my name is earl' made me laugh as my missus makes referrence to that constantly :lol:

thanks again for all your responses. the matter has been put to bed for me now :thumbsup:

mike

Nice one Mike. Well done thumbup.gif

Social source share

Guest Roddy

its a tough one...

When i am fucked off with a friend or familly member which is fairly often.

Reading this helps its a poem I got at School by William Blake

A Poison Tree:

I was angry with my friend:

I told my wrath, my wrath did end.

I was angry with my foe:

I told it not, my wrath did grow.

And I watered it in fears,

Night and morning with my tears;

And I sunned it with smiles,

And with soft deceitful wiles.

And it grew both day and night,

Till it bore an apple bright,

And my foe beheld it shine,

And he knew that it was mine,

And into my garden stole,

When the night had veiled the pole.

In the morning, glad I see

My foe outstretched beneath the tree.

And before anyone asks I dont know what my familly andfriends do when they are fucked off by me which must be fairly often also...

Social source share

Guest sandi

Thank you all for taking the time to respond. All of your comments are very much appreciated (especially pikeys dog, 'set his hair alite' :D ).

Hair!!!!!!!!!!!!! it wont be hard to narrow him down then eh!! rolleyes.gif .

Just piss in his petrol tank, snap his wind screen wipers off ,shove em up his arse, let is tyres down.

or alternatively you could book him in for a BSC wax, and l being in the trade would gladly do the deed and you could help.

OOOOpps starting to sound like l dont like men much and am speaking from personal experience.....l'm not like that really ..........l'm worse :lol::lol:

just as a matter of interest (nosey really) are you gonna let us know what the said records were ? :thumbsup:

Social source share

UMMMMMM TORVILLE AND DEAN AT A SOUL NIGHT I ALWAYS FANCIED HER ,SHE HAD A GREAT PAIR OF LEGS AND NO PERSONALITY AT ALL ! YOU HAVE THREE OPTIONS TO DEAL WITH THIS GUY WHO IS OBVIOUSLY TAKING YOUR GOOD NATURE FOR GRANTED.

1. SEND HIM TO THE GLUT OF SOUL NIGHTS UP AND DOWN THE COUNTRY AND INSIST HE LISTENS TO THE CARSTAIRS AND JOEY DELERONZO AT LEAST 3 TIMES EACH.

2.SUGEST WIGAN CAFINO AND SPIKE HIS LARTE!

3 SUGGEST BRUNCH NOT CREDIT GRUNCH! [OH AND FORGIVE HIM]

BAZ A :lol:

Wait a god damm minute, Ive only just started getting into 'Wake up to the sunshine girl' and now I find its gone by its sell by date? :lol:

You Northern Soulies move too fast. If the top 100 (of the last 5 years) have been replaced can someone (on a new thread maybe) list what they are ohmy.gif

And dont start about the Carstairs, right place right time, best soul record ever. :thumbsup:

Ed

Social source share

Just piss in his petrol tank, snap his wind screen wipers off ,shove em up his arse, let is tyres down.

or alternatively you could book him in for a BSC wax, and l being in the trade would gladly do the deed and you could help.

OOOOpps starting to sound like l dont like men much and am speaking from personal experience.....l'm not like that really ..........l'm worse :lol::D

just as a matter of interest (nosey really) are you gonna let us know what the said records were ? :thumbsup:

OMG :lol:

I had put the matter to bed - and what the records were didnt seem of significance.

however, after reading what you would do to someone who crossed you I am terrified that if i dont name the records i could end up with a hairless crack that can wipe itself wacko.gif

now i have a new dilema worse than the first frusty2.gif

:D mike :(

Social source share

Maybe I will one day....

we have...a few times ph34r.gif went on a stag do once years ago, one lad fell asleep on way home, so his hair went up in smoke :thumbsup:

Remember at Dome someone with hairy legs in shorts at bar...Andy saw them and whoosh...legs no longer hairy :lol:

Social source share

Guest sandi

oh dear, and lm such a sweet girlie thing. Im only jesting, but if you did set his hair alight you could always try and put it out in a good will gesture.........with petrol. Done it again aint l ? oops.

On a serious note tho, hope you made upish with this mate, resign yourself to waving goodbye to the said record and if you were to drop it out what the A & B are, then you might just get lucky, someone might be able to sort you out .

Wish you luck mate.

Sandi x

Social source share

Guest soul99 easylay

Punch his lights out. :lol:

I agree with Trevski - although he was a tad more eloquent than my initial thought which was " punch the cnuts face in and see how many modern soul records you can fit in his arse crack, then p*ss in his record box and finally offer to help return his record collection to mint condition by cleaning them all with hot soapy water and a wire brush" - not that I bear grudges or owt :lol:

Edited by soul99 easylay
Social source share

Maybe I will one day....

I have - you want to see how fast it goes up - like a bloody bush fire!

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

Mike

A bullet in the head should sort the b****** !

Ste.

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

1stly name him.....then get his legs broken....mate you are way too trusting, vynyl makes people do very strange things.

KTF

Baz

I have heard nothing from the guy since. :ohmy:

Mike

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Remember at Dome someone with hairy legs in shorts at bar...Andy saw them and whoosh...legs no longer hairy :D

That reminds me. I've not seen or heard from Dave G in a while. wink.gif

Social source share

• 5 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert