Notts Palais Reunion /promoters With Fat Wallets

G'Day Mr Brown... how the devil are you ?

Ms Boop

x

Thanks for asking Tracy I'm very well,

but not as well as Karen cus she has just broke up for 6 weeks ( teachers eh bloody hard done too she tells me :D )

Are we going to get this Palais thing off the ground then or what.

Steve B

Social source share

• Replies 156
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest krawen

Hiya

wish I worked at a school instead of working for a doctor !(Karen you lucky girl) and NO i am not a receptionist (before you ask) :D lol......

well Mr Brown would you once again come out of retirement if it happened ? :D

Ms Boop

Well Tracy,

I'm djing at Calow this Friday plus I'm also doing a spot for the Rolls Royce soul club in Derby at their August bank holiday all dayer next month, and of course I'm on at the Brit in September.

So you could say that I'm out of retirement now on account of Karen saying to me

" stop being a miserable b**tard and if people ask you to do it say yes" :D

All the best

Steve B

Social source share

Hiya

wish I worked at a school instead of working for a doctor !(Karen you lucky girl) and NO i am not a receptionist (before you ask) angry.gif lol......

well Mr Brown would you once again come out of retirement if it happened ? :D

Ms Boop

Well Tracy,

I'm djing at Calow this Friday plus I'm also doing a spot for the Rolls Royce soul club in Derby at their August bank holiday all dayer next month, and of course I'm on at the Brit in September.

So you could say that I'm out of retirement now on account of Karen saying to me

" stop being a miserable b**tard and if people ask you to do it say yes" laugh.gif

All the best

Steve B

Blimey Mr Brown your up early this morning........

What a busy guy...........mmmm Do I know one of them clubs ? :D

PS.... I will take that as a yes and get someone :D to put your name down :g:

Ms Boop

Edited by bettyboop
Social source share

Steve

What I want to know is if it did get off the ground which DJs would glady PAY to DJ???????

OI Tracey Im a receptionist boxing.gif LOL

Mand :O)

Social source share

Steve

What I want to know is if it did get off the ground which DJs would glady PAY to DJ???????

whoops.... :thumbsup:lol............. a Receptionist or a Doctor's Receptionist shades.gif ..............

and yep how much would a DJ pay to play..........?? eh that sounds good :thumbsup:

Tracey

A one off reunion at one of the UK's top venues from the day .... to djay and be part of NS history ... cost? fcking priceless.... :boxing:

Social source share

A one off reunion at one of the UK's top venues from the day .... to djay and be part of NS history ... cost? fcking priceless.... :thumbsup:

PMSL

yeah so c'mon Djs whos divvying up the dough???

Tracey ..I was a receptionist in a sports centre until I became a notts palais reunion promoter

( tongue firmly in cheek here) tongue.gif

Actually I quit this week after 16 years (its a long long boring story)

I start work at my local Netto store in august

Mand (shopping trolly dolly) wink.gif

Edited by Madmandy
Social source share

PMSL

yeah so c'mon Djs whos divvying up the dough???

Tracey ..I was a receptionist in a sports centre until I became a notts palais reunion promoter

( tongue firmly in cheek here) tongue.gif

Actually I quit this week after 16 years (its a long long boring story)

I start work at my local Netto store in august

Mand (shopping trolly dolly) wink.gif

LMFAO............

keep up the good work 'Promoting'

When I say I work for a Doctor everyone always says 'are you a receptionist'...... I say no WHY... they say 'cos they are right B?itc?he?s' lol...............

Now't wrong with working at Netto............... Netto reminds me of being on Holiday ???? mind you so does Asda in Hyson Green :thumbsup:

Tracey

x

i

Social source share

LMFAO............

keep up the good work 'Promoting'

When I say I work for a Doctor everyone always says 'are you a receptionist'...... I say no WHY... they say 'cos they are right B?itc?he?s' lol...............

Now't wrong with working at Netto............... Netto reminds me of being on Holiday ???? mind you so does Asda in Hyson Green :thumbsup:

Tracey

X

We have a netto on the very next street to my house so i can walk to work

One of the girls was saying she may as well just give the boss her wages back ...so many goodies in the shop

as for receptionists Ive loved serving the public I will be serving them over a different counter thats all

I think the trampolinists and gymnasts will miss me tho :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest krawen

Steve

Well I would for sure , and i'm sure Denmac ( from Willington ) said he would so thats two of us from the east midlands for a start, and I'm sure there's plenty of others to follow :thumbsup:

All the best

Steve B

P.s NEWS FLASH

Diesel has just dropped to £1.27.9p a litre at Morrisons in Eastwood :ohmy:

Edited by krawen
Social source share

Steve

Well I would for sure , and i'm sure Denmac ( from Willington ) said he would so thats two of us from the east midlands for a start, and I'm sure there's plenty of others to follow :thumbsup:

All the best

Steve B

P.s NEWS FLASH

Diesel has just dropped to £1.27.9p a litre at Morrisons in Eastwood :ohmy:

Yay some one with cahones AND diesel for his car LOL

Well done Steve :D

Social source share

Yay some one with cahones AND diesel for his car LOL

Well done Steve :thumbsup:

Eyup Mandy, Defo want to be a part of it when it happens ( not if ) Will flying 12000 miles do for my input or is it cold hard cash you want?? This is gonna be a big thing and so glad to know the new style Palais can accommodate 1000 or more soulies, lets just hope everyone who ever went to the alldayers are willing to support it eh?? Don't forget to ask the management to let you have the venue for free, and on a bank holiday weekend and they get all the bar takings. If you don't ask you won't get, they can only say no then it's compromise time. Let's get it on the go. Stay soulful. Tony E. OZ

Social source share

Eyup Mandy, Defo want to be a part of it when it happens ( not if ) Will flying 12000 miles do for my input or is it cold hard cash you want?? This is gonna be a big thing and so glad to know the new style Palais can accommodate 1000 or more soulies, lets just hope everyone who ever went to the alldayers are willing to support it eh?? Don't forget to ask the management to let you have the venue for free, and on a bank holiday weekend and they get all the bar takings. If you don't ask you won't get, they can only say no then it's compromise time. Let's get it on the go. Stay soulful. Tony E. OZ

Best buy your ticket ?

Social source share

Best buy your ticket ?

No probs there Betty, my airplane ticket is on permanent standby and anyway Mandy will keep one for me for sure. The record box is packed and ready, in fact i will be spinning some of them in September when i'm over there. Do you go to Six Hills??

Alway's nice to chat to the Pommy shielas, lol. Stay soulful. Tony E. OZ.

Social source share

No probs there Betty, my airplane ticket is on permanent standby and anyway Mandy will keep one for me for sure. The record box is packed and ready, in fact i will be spinning some of them in September when i'm over there. Do you go to Six Hills??

Tony

who are we to get in the way of your dreams mate?

Im pretty sure your ticket could be saved for you

what do you think Tracey???

Mand thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Tony

who are we to get in the way of your dreams mate?

Im pretty sure your ticket could be saved for you

what do you think Tracey???

Mand thumbsup.gif

Eyup girls, bloody ganging up on me now are ya? Remember i'm a Derby lad.Dreams, thats what keeps the world ticking, well dry ones anyway. Love your sense of humour, keep it up. Stay soulful.

Best..Tony E. OZ.

Social source share

One will be saved don't worry.. thumbsup.gif ........... hey Mand ?.....

Yep we go to six hills and we have DJ'd there quite a few times..................

Betty

Social source share

One will be saved don't worry.. thumbsup.gif ........... hey Mand ?.....

Yep we go to six hills and we have DJ'd there quite a few times..................

Betty

Brilliant, will see you there in September then. Look out for some top Aussie style tunes, best one by Rolf Harris lol. Tony E.

Social source share

Eyup girls, bloody ganging up on me now are ya? Remember i'm a Derby lad.Dreams, thats what keeps the world ticking, well dry ones anyway. Love your sense of humour, keep it up. Stay soulful.

Best..Tony E. OZ.

Tony ...didnt anyone tell you Im crackers LOL ...the nickname gives it away a little LOL

Is Sue coming with you ?

Mand biggrin.gif

Social source share

Tony ...didnt anyone tell you Im crackers LOL ...the nickname gives it away a little LOL

Is Sue coming with you ?

Mand :D

Yep i did put 2 and 2 together and yes Sue will be there in all her glory. Oh and the numbers are creeping up, over 2000 sticky beaks now. Might need to rent an aircraft hanger if it keeps going like this or have the alldayer inside and oustide the Palais. Imagine what 500 soulies dancing in the road would look like eh lol??? BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would we need council approval ???? See yas. Tony E.

Social source share

Yep i did put 2 and 2 together and yes Sue will be there in all her glory. Oh and the numbers are creeping up, over 2000 sticky beaks now. Might need to rent an aircraft hanger if it keeps going like this or have the alldayer inside and oustide the Palais. Imagine what 500 soulies dancing in the road would look like eh lol??? BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would we need council approval ???? See yas. Tony E.

STOP IT TONY!!!

Im gettin those ole goosebumps and the hairs on the back of my neck are dancing laugh.gif

How long you been in Oz mate?

Notts is a very different place these days

I was "in town" with my son (he works for the evening post)

The lace market and hockley buildings have all had facelifts including the grand lady palais herself

the city is looking soo clean and cosmopolitan you might drive past it and not recognise the old place

Rob Smiths shop always looks the same tho (interior like steptoes parlour) laugh.gif

dont forget the road around the palais is barriered off I remember vaulting over it

Mand

Social source share

rolleyes.gif Capacity with all three rooms is over 2000........... so should be ok................

Got my cork hat for September... thumbsup.gif ........ lol

Betty

Social source share

STOP IT TONY!!!

Im gettin those ole goosebumps and the hairs on the back of my neck are dancing laugh.gif

How long you been in Oz mate?

Notts is a very different place these days

I was "in town" with my son (he works for the evening post)

The lace market and hockley buildings have all had facelifts including the grand lady palais herself

the city is looking soo clean and cosmopolitan you might drive past it and not recognise the old place

Rob Smiths shop always looks the same tho (interior like steptoes parlour) laugh.gif

dont forget the road around the palais is barriered off I remember vaulting over it

Mand

Been here nearly 9 years and back in the scene for 4 although it seems like i never left it. Have'nt seen Nottingham for an age but will surely check it out in September. Be great to catch up, are you going to Skeggy?? If not, WHY NOT. Get the girls together for some super soul satisfaction OZ style. Skippy's on his way lol. Best. Tony E.

Social source share

Tony ...you better be bloody kiddin about rolf bloody harris mate boxing.gif LOL

No i've got 2 or 3 albums to play as well. Tie me Kangaroo down is me favourite then the billabong song . Should have em backdropping and spinning in their cork hats lol. Tony.

Social source share

Girls the saving of tickets etc etc cool.gif my are killing me.

Just spoke to my bessie mate in NZ she'll come over too ... best make that two tickets to be saved :D

lol....... ooutch..... :D best loosen them............... :yes: ............

How many have we got on our saved list Mand ?..... and more to the point how many have you sold ?.............

Just been passed some old flyers for The Palais...(christmas All Nighter) from 1984/1985.........

......DJ's were Shaun Gibbons, Dave Evison, Brian Rae, Pete Finn, John Vincent, Marc Farley, Steve Whittle, Rob Smith, Marc Linton................... they are described as 'STAR DJ's..........

Betty

x

post-8847-1216800075_thumb.jpg

Edited by bettyboop
Social source share

lol....... ooutch..... :D best loosen them............... :lol: ............

How many have we got on our saved list Mand ?..... and more to the point how many have you sold ?.............

Just been passed some old flyers for The Palais...(christmas All Nighter) from 1984/1985.........

......DJ's were Shaun Gibbons, Dave Evison, Brian Rae, Pete Finn, John Vincent, Marc Farley, Steve Whittle, Rob Smith, Marc Linton................... they are described as 'STAR DJ's..........

Betty

x

Wow brill do we know who the promoter was?

Keb Darge was on there too

I know that at least 6 of those DJs are still in circulation

when those golden tickets get printed with the definite date on them I can start

sell sell sell !!!

Mand :D

best organise a minibus for the Robin hood summer bar crew :thumbsup:

scratch the minibus best get a 30 seater or summat

Edited by Madmandy
Social source share

Mike

will you move it to events talk when it happens please?

Cheers Mand :lol:

Mandy....

When it happens you'd be better starting a new thread saying so....

I think moving this thread means folk will have to scroll through all these previous posts to "find it's actually happening" rather than "checking out" a new thread stating the occuring event and all the info with it....

So you don't miss interested parties....

Just a thought like....

Soulfully.... Mark

Social source share

:rolleyes: just what kind of soul are you playing in Oz???????

Only the soulful sort Mandy. So the thread has moved to the yesterday section eh?? Oh well it all happened yesterday and i know it's gonna happen again. We wait with baited breath. Stay soulful, Tony E. OZ.

Social source share

Mandy....

I think moving this thread means folk will have to scroll through all these previous posts to "find it's actually happening" rather than "checking out" a new thread stating the occuring event and all the info with it....

Just a thought like....

Soulfully.... Mark

Well hello Mr E

We've never met but I've heard of you :rolleyes: could you be a DJ by any chance??

Yes I totally agree with you

When its a goer we'll start a brand new thread with all the info people need

Don't suppose we need to tell them where eh?? LOL

but yes headlines on events talk wont that be great?

Thanks for your interest

Mand :unsure:

Social source share

Well hello Mr E

We've never met but I've heard of you thumbup.gif could you be a DJ by any chance??

Thanks for your interest

Mand thumbup.gif

:thumbup: Dont worry Mand.............it will soon be a new thread..................... thumbsup.gif

Tracey

x

Social source share

Well hello Mr E

We've never met but I've heard of you thumbup.gif could you be a DJ by any chance??

Thanks for your interest

Mand thumbup.gif

Eyup Mandy, which Mr. E are you referring to?? If it's me then yes i am a deejay and will be guesting in the U.K. in September. Six Hills is one gig on the 20th. Reckon you girls will be there eh?? Over here i run a monthly soul night, last month we had John Manship over to guest, BRILLIANT night. Can't wait for this reunion, it's long overdue.

Have a soulful weekend. Best......Tony E. OZ.

Social source share

Mike

will you move it to events talk when it happens please?

Cheers Mand :ohmy:

Mandy....

Just a thought like....

Soulfully.... Mark

move should mean that it is easier to find and can carry on discussion without it getting in the way of the more general soul talk in aats

as Mark said when do have firmer details, plans, news etc etc then by all means start a new thread

cheers

mike

Social source share

move should mean that it is easier to find and can carry on discussion without it getting in the way of the more general soul talk in aats

as Mark said when do have firmer details, plans, news etc etc then by all means start a new thread

cheers

mike

No probs Mike!

Its all in the pipeline :thumbsup:

Social source share

can anyone remember when there was an almighty scrap between the bouncers and the drunks leaving the club before an allnighter started? I was one of the first in the queue and didn't want to lose my place so had to put up with getting showered with broken glass. Eventually the police arrived in force and dragged everyone off. A surreal start to an excellent night.

Social source share

Eyup Mandy, which Mr. E are you referring to?? If it's me then yes i am a deejay and will be guesting in the U.K. in September. Six Hills is one gig on the 20th. Reckon you girls will be there eh?? Over here i run a monthly soul night, last month we had John Manship over to guest, BRILLIANT night. Can't wait for this reunion, it's long overdue.

Have a soulful weekend. Best......Tony E. OZ.

no Tony I was reffering to mark Etheridge :P

Social source share

Doesn't a Notts Palais reunion have to have original Notts Palais DJ's?

I may be missing something here but wouldn't an event that doesn't have the original Notts Palais DJ line up be nothing more than a brand new event held in an old club? unsure.gif

Hi Joan

Im pretty sure there will be quite a few of the original DJ line up Andy Lee has passed away (saw it on another thread recently how sad cos I remember him from palais )

but Im sure it'll be as close as it can be

what you have to remember is they can say bugger off Im not workin in that flea pit LOLOL :huh:

Im sure that most who will be asked will oblige would love to see Soul Sam doing an oldies spot again at the palais I remember he was one of the groundbreakers there and tried stuff out on us

Mand :P

Wont be long to wait now before details are revealed

Edited by Madmandy
Social source share

can anyone remember when there was an almighty scrap between the bouncers and the drunks leaving the club before an allnighter started? I was one of the first in the queue and didn't want to lose my place so had to put up with getting showered with broken glass. Eventually the police arrived in force and dragged everyone off. A surreal start to an excellent night.

dont remember any fighting at the venue at all mind you it wasnt soulies fighting just the clubbers

Social source share

Doesn't a Notts Palais reunion have to have original Notts Palais DJ's?

I may be missing something here but wouldn't an event that doesn't have the original Notts Palais DJ line up be nothing more than a brand new event held in an old club? :lol:

[/quote

Well jumpinjoan............... surely a Notts Palais reunion does not have to have ALL original Notts Palais DJ's to be authentic...... surely it should be run as a re union for the soulies to dance their socks off and to hear the great northern soul sounds that were once played in this venue ????.................. :lol:

The 'BooP'

Social source share

Guest soul bandit

Any promoters out there fancy trying to get us a Notts Palais alldayer reunion????

Whats the likelyhood?

Any promoters reading who was involved the first time around?

I bet it would be sold out ....unlimited DJ talent to choose from

But at least some of the resident Djs would have to be in place of course

PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!!!

Thanks

who would buy a ticket?name below please

Mand tickets N0 1,2,3&4

SORTED... :sleep3: booked and confirmed................... details coming very soon.................... and not by a 'FAT WALLET'.............

Social source share

YIPPEEE!!!!!!!

Tickets 1 and 2 please

cheques in the post :sleep3:

Mand ( A VERY HAPPY SOULIE) :P

Eyup Mandy, does it look like being a goer then????? Remember me for 2 tickets please and give me all the info asap. Have a great soulful weekend. Tony E. OZ.

Social source share

Eyup Mandy, does it look like being a goer then????? Remember me for 2 tickets please and give me all the info asap. Have a great soulful weekend. Tony E. OZ.

Dont worry Tony

as the last post said SORTED!!!!

Mand ( a very very happy soulie) :huh:thumbup.gifthumbup.gif:D:lol::thumbup::thumbup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert