How Much

• Replies 10
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I am sure some of these chappies were bootlegs and sold as originals to the unknowing public because of their quaint look, seem to remember a convo about Japanese collectors buying from states, cutting and releasing a local bastardised copy in Japan. Could be wrong, they look attractive but would be wary unless it was in my hand for perusal.

If I am wrong, I am going back to the charity shop I know that has 2 Supremes and a Martha Reeves, I left them cos I was dubious about them.

The quality of vinyl was bubbled and dimpled and sleeve is made of rice-paper or such.

Social source share

Cheers for that Flynny,

Is the quality ok? Some of them look as if they were re-pressed from old stock.

In my experience the quality isn't that good at all...the sound is usually Lo-Fi and the sleeves are very thin with poor quality print.

There seems to be little demand for these presses of Soul stuff (let alone early Platters!), and the price quoted is totally outrageous. It probably wouldn't sell with a buy it now option of £10...imo.

:ohmy:

Social source share

In my experience the quality isn't that good at all...the sound is usually Lo-Fi and the sleeves are very thin with poor quality print.

There seems to be little demand for these presses of Soul stuff (let alone early Platters!), and the price quoted is totally outrageous. It probably wouldn't sell with a buy it now option of £10...imo.

:ohmy:

I thought the seller was dreaming, might go back for the 3 albums I saw anyway for the quaintness.

Funny how even the unusual may look as if it is worth a fortune!

Social source share

I thought the seller was dreaming, might go back for the 3 albums I saw anyway for the quaintness.

Funny how even the unusual may look as if it is worth a fortune!

the best thing about this auction by far is that the record is described as "77% new"

Social source share

That means they've only played 23% of the tracks on it. :thumbup:

we've all done that I have joy division album some where.. bought it new played first track skipped though it and never played it again.. i played maybe 18% so its still 82% new biggrin.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert