Constellations "oh Mary" Violet

Hi, up for grabs is

The Constellations "Oh Mary" Violet Records. Very tough to find and fantastic R&B 45 ! Hard hitting early group Soul. This is in my current playlist and will stay there as this is just a duplicate I happend to find.

Of course this is the same Constellations.

The track itself can be heard on Goldmines "Rare As Hens Teeth" I think or can be heard via

https://tourdefunk.de/Sounds/marc_mix.mp3

You don`t have to listen to the whole clip of course, the tracks starts at 48.30 min

Record is in great shape and plays ex+. A rare one.

200 UKP or maybe best offer

TIA

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi, up for grabs is

The Constellations "Oh Mary" Violet Records. Very tough to find and fantastic R&B 45 ! Hard hitting early group Soul. This is in my current playlist and will stay there as this is just a duplicate I happend to find.

Of course this is the same Constellations.

The track itself can be heard on Goldmines "Rare As Hens Teeth" I think or can be heard via

https://tourdefunk.de/Sounds/marc_mix.mp3

You don`t have to listen to the whole clip of course, the tracks starts at 48.30 min

Record is in great shape and plays ex+. A rare one.

200 UKP or maybe best offer

TIA

Marc

the flip of this is a fantastic doowopy group soul cut, it grew on me even though I usually wouldn't like the sound.

this constellations has no connection to the chicago group (who ended up going to new york and recording on gemini star, etc. ), this group is from Ohio.

Social source share

this constellations has no connection to the chicago group (who ended up going to new york and recording on gemini star, etc. ), this group is from Ohio.

Interesting Boba, I always thought they are not the same group but somehow believed Tim Browns liner notes to this track in said CD where he says it is the same group. However, great double-sider as you (again) pointed out exactly.

Marc

Social source share

Just "inspected" the label a bit further..As a Ron Nichols labour it has a po box in Ohio but was based in and with a NYC adress :D

So indeed it could as well be an Ohio group as a NYC group...

Marc

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

Yeah, great tune. I've had a copy for about two or three years now. Sadly, doesn't get enough plays. Probably due to fact it's so rare.

I play mine regularly in the Backbeat room Den

Social source share

Marc, this is an ohio group, the group members are known.

Good you know them Boba, I do not and all I was saying is that this label carries two adresses, one in Ohio and one in NYC. So both theories, yours and Tim Browns sound possible to me at the moment. Still I don`t think they do sound like the Gemini outfit though.

Social source share

Good you know them Boba, I do not and all I was saying is that this label carries two adresses, one in Ohio and one in NYC. So both theories, yours and Tim Browns sound possible to me at the moment. Still I don`t think they do sound like the Gemini outfit though.

I don't know the violet group personally but I have talked to people who have talked to them and someone gave me the group member listing. I did do an interview with the group that became the constellation group, it's on my webpage, and I can tell you 100% that that group is not the violet group.

Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert