Longest Time You've Waited For A Record To Come

I have just got a record through that was sent on 12 Jan 2008. That's 6 months later :thumbsup: It had come from Ohio and the package was just the same as any other I have received from the states ie it had no sticker stating that it had been through custom's or anything that might delay it. The address was clearly marked also.

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have just got a record through that was sent on 12 Jan 2008. That's 6 months later :thumbsup: It had come from Ohio and the package was just the same as any other I have received from the states ie it had no sticker stating that it had been through custom's or anything that might delay it. The address was clearly marked also.

bit strange this, i had 2 albums arrive on saturday, 1 posted 9 jan from detroit and the other posted 11 jan from misouri, the same as yours, no evidence of customs opening them.....where have they been ?????

Social source share

A few years ago I won a mint issue of Sandy Hollis "I'm Tempted" on Big Wheel on ebay from a Belgian seller. After its non-arrival you can imagine my instinctive assumption. Anyhow, communication with the seller remained open and seemed, to me, to be genuine so the old 'benefit of the doubt' rule applied. This was around August time of the year in question.

The following February, having pretty much forgotten about it, the 45 arrives. Post marked in the August of the previous year, not obviously tampered with and as minty as it had been described by the seller.

Belgium, I know, is not renowned for doing ANYTHING particularly well, or particularly quickly. Hmmm, Belgium is not renowned for doing ANYTHING IN PARTICULAR sounds better but this was by far the finset hour of their shambolic postal service.

I can only assume that a postman must have died,, fallen off his bike and been found in a hedge months later and the items in his sack duly forwarded. Either that or they've swapped their vans for uni-cycles.

A happy end to the tale. A month or so after finally getting the record, it was nicked at an all-nighter.

Neil Jones.

Social source share

A few years ago I won a mint issue of Sandy Hollis "I'm Tempted" on Big Wheel on ebay from a Belgian seller. After its non-arrival you can imagine my instinctive assumption. Anyhow, communication with the seller remained open and seemed, to me, to be genuine so the old 'benefit of the doubt' rule applied. This was around August time of the year in question.

The following February, having pretty much forgotten about it, the 45 arrives. Post marked in the August of the previous year, not obviously tampered with and as minty as it had been described by the seller.

Belgium, I know, is not renowned for doing ANYTHING particularly well, or particularly quickly. Hmmm, Belgium is not renowned for doing ANYTHING IN PARTICULAR sounds better but this was by far the finset hour of their shambolic postal service.

I can only assume that a postman must have died,, fallen off his bike and been found in a hedge months later and the items in his sack duly forwarded. Either that or they've swapped their vans for uni-cycles.

A happy end to the tale. A month or so after finally getting the record, it was nicked at an all-nighter.

Neil Jones.

Social source share

Neil Jones.

Shoulda got Poirot on the case!!!!

Paul

Social source share

Guest candj45

hi,still waiting on 2 records from reputable dealers in the states. one from february and the other from march. i,d virtually given up hope but now they might turn up

heres hoping,craig

Social source share

Guest moggy

:)Getting weird this is

all these items that were sent out in Jan 08

I was telling Dave Rimmer Sat night, just got a record posted out Jan 9th 08 from the States :lol:

unsure.gif Cue X files music :D

Social source share

I have just got a record through that was sent on 12 Jan 2008. That's 6 months later huh.gif It had come from Ohio and the package was just the same as any other I have received from the states ie it had no sticker stating that it had been through custom's or anything that might delay it. The address was clearly marked also.

YE SAME HERE , I PAID FOR A EBAY ITEM JAN 5TH THE SELLER SAID HE POSTED IT ON THE 8TH , WELL WEEKS WENT BY AND I GOT A BIT WORRIED , SO I GOT INTO A DEBATE WITHE THE SELLER , I TRIED TO GET MY MONEY BACK THROUGH PAYPAL BUT WAS TOLD I LEFT IT FAR TOO LONG , I THEN JUST ACCEPTED MY LOSE , THEN ON SATURDAY IT TURNED UP WITH THE POSTAL DATE CORRECT WHAT THE SELLER TOLD ME , I HAVE EMAILED HIM TO LET HIM KNOW THAT IT FINALLY ARRIVED MONTHS LATER.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert