Its The Same Old Song

Guest in town Mikey

Guest in town Mikey

Is there a tune that you always revert to whistling or humming.

You know, the one that for ever you always seem to be humming to yourself. There may be the occasional interloper along the way, but they are mere fancies. When the going gets reflective you always find yourself going back to the old fave.

Mine is the instr version of Joey Dee - How Can I Forget

A fave title for those cant get you out of my head type threads, but as long as I can remember when I find myself whistling without thinking, its always that one.

Not as funny as my late dad's though. Every now and again his foot would start tapping and we'd start quietly chuckling waiting for the inevitable 'Tequilla!!!' and we'd all crack up.

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

• Replies 38
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

mine's Match of the Day theme,,,da da da daaa dada da da da ,da da dada da da.

Or "Third Window from the Shite", sorry "right" before i throw myself out the F***cker.

Herbert Hunter...best start to a tune...da da daaaaa, da dah,da da daaaa,da da(then the drum roll with fingers of course).

"Don't you believe it baby,when they say the they".........go on ,have a go.

Social source share

Ruby - Kenny Rogers.

doo dodoo,doo dodoo, doo dodoo, doo dodoo dooo.

"you painted up your lips and rolled and curled your tinted hair................ruby are you contemplating going out somewhere?"

(yeah,,,to a nite with A list dj's on ,playing OVO to a full dancefloor of chinstrokers :thumbsup: )

Social source share

If i had a wants list this would be it !!.

Note to self,dont sell yer' records you realy like :thumbsup:

Social source share

Mine at the moment has to be LOU RAWLS - THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR , but one of my usuals is wait for it ................................................................................

.. Truly scrumptious off Chitty Chitty bang bang :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Social source share

Ruby - Kenny Rogers.

doo dodoo,doo dodoo, doo dodoo, doo dodoo dooo.

"you painted up your lips and rolled and curled your tinted hair................ruby are you contemplating going out somewhere?"

(yeah,,,to a nite with A list dj's on ,playing OVO to a full dancefloor of chinstrokers :lol: )

I love it!!! And he did used to be a soul singer you know!

Social source share

what the fcuk is that its driving me mad, cant remember, help i wont sleep

Saturdays kids play one arm bandits,

They never win but thats not the point is it,

Dip in silver paper when their pints go flat,

How about that - far out!

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Sometimes it's Messing With my Mind i try and stop thinking about it and then i am singing along and you know you think again lol. still a great tune and i know it's played a lot out

Social source share

Sometimes it's Messing With my Mind i try and stop thinking about it and then i am singing along and you know you think again lol. still a great tune and i know it's played a lot out

Great tune, over played or not ..

Bazza

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Great tune, over played or not ..

Bazza

I need to get out more. i've not heard either version played out in years, possibly even a decade.

Social source share

Guest Brian J

I get up in the morning slavin' for bread sah,

so that every mouth can be fed.

Sing it nearly every day when I'm working.

PS: ....and I know all the words! tongue.gif

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

"do the hustle...."

do do do do do do do do do......

:lol:

You'll all be humming it in a minute!!!

OMG, this i've been hummung this chuffing tune since i read this thread this morning! rolleyes.gif:)

Social source share

Guest moggy

PS: ....and I know all the words! :D

And Me smile.gif

"Me ears are alight" :D

Social source share

Guest Trevski

This has been with me for ages.

My Dad used to play it on a Path 78.

One of my favourite tunes ever.

Charles Trenet "La Mer" 1946. What a tune!

Can't go near the sea without it popping up.

(Remade by Bobby Darin as "Beyond the sea")

01_La_Mer.mp3

01_La_Mer.mp3

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Mine is always the last tune I played that day, until something crops up like a kylie Minogue song or like last week when a girl walked passed me with her kid's singing Lost My Partner What Should I Do? think I sang that for 3 hours after that-bookin follocks. :lol:

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

Saturdays kids play one arm bandits,

They never win but thats not the point is it,

Dip in silver paper when their pints go flat,

How about that - far out!

I think that is more "nasal" than whislting! - what an angry song!! Weller just before he came out as a Soulster :lol: . Great album though.

Social source share

PS: ....and I know all the words! :ohmy:

:) Well I obviously don't 'cos I've spent god knows how many years singing "Get up in the morning, baked beans for breakfast".

Social source share

Guest mcleanmuir

The Panic Is On - Roy Hamilton, had it in my head for about two weeks now and just when you think it is gone it creeps up the back of my neck and into my head and off it goes again. I did like the track to begin with. Imagine going to the doctors and saying " I have a The Panic On in my head" As I am typing this it is spinning around. I would just like to say "Roy please fark off"

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Gerry & The Pacemakers

Don"t let the sun catch you crying

:)

Worrying I know

:shhh:

Not at all, great song. Love it to bits!

Coat got gone...... :ohmy:

Social source share

For reasons outside of my consciousness, don't know why :ohmy: , but for over 30 years Linda and The Funky Boys - Climbing The Steps Of Love, has been buzzing around my head whenever it empties of daily thoughts.

Which makes me think. . . . . . . what label is this on prior to the wonderful Spark Northern Soul!

:) Monday morning preacher Davies would cry, everybody here is Jesus's child . . .. . PLEASE TELL THE VOICES TO STOP NOW!

Social source share

Is there a tune that you always revert to whistling or humming.

You know, the one that for ever you always seem to be humming to yourself. There may be the occasional interloper along the way, but they are mere fancies. When the going gets reflective you always find yourself going back to the old fave.

A fave title for those cant get you out of my head type threads, but as long as I can remember when I find myself whistling without thinking, its always that one.

Not as funny as my late dad's though. Every now and again his foot would start tapping and we'd start quietly chuckling waiting for the inevitable 'Tequilla!!!' and we'd all crack up.

Mine is "I say yeah" by the Pets. This tune always pops into my head,esp when I'm in a good mood. The only problem is, it's a bit embarrassing to find yourself singing "got a letter from my boyfriend" at the top of your voice .......... :wicked::D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert