Stevie Wonder

Having just spent the last 45mins trying to get through to various ticket outlets including the MEN itself the Stevie Wonder concert on Sept13th in Manchester is SOLD out. Did anyone on here manage to get any tickets and if so by any chance in the near future you cant make it Please get in touch with me As i,m desperate for 2 tickets.

Steve

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

You could try the NEC if ya dont mind travelling mate I.ve just got two tickets on their website. Nec group ticket factory.

Good luck

Ian

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

You could try the NEC if ya dont mind travelling mate

...or you could sit at home and watch this dry....

...which would probably be far more entertaining than seeing someone who hasn't made a decent record in 25 years, and who probably isn't going to be doing any of his good ones anyway... :P

Social source share

...which would probably be far more entertaining than seeing someone who hasn't made a decent record in 25 years, and who probably isn't going to be doing any of his good ones anyway... :P

When Sam was born, we went into hospital too early, we went in friday night and he wasn't born until sunday morning...anyway, on the saturday evening, Dee was getting nearer and nearer and in real pain, we had a radio on turned down very low and Stevie Wonder was on in concert on Radio 2. By the end of it, Dee was in even more pain I was having to take gas and air :D

Social source share

Mr Rounce and Mr Smith; did Tom Jones do any of his Northern classic the last time you saw him in concert................ :wicked:

Mr Wonder did more then just 6t's tracks and I for one am looking forward to seeing him on Sept 8th at the NIA, Birmingham :rolleyes:

Social source share

Mr Rounce and Mr Smith; did Tom Jones do any of his Northern classic the last time you saw him in concert................ :wicked:

Mr Wonder did more then just 6t's tracks and I for one am looking forward to seeing him on Sept 8th at the NIA, Birmingham :rolleyes:

Wahey well said sir, see ya in the pub round the corner !

Social source share

Having just spent the last 45mins trying to get through to various ticket outlets including the MEN itself the Stevie Wonder concert on Sept13th in Manchester is SOLD out. Did anyone on here manage to get any tickets and if so by any chance in the near future you cant make it Please get in touch with me As i,m desperate for 2 tickets.

Steve

Tickets did go on sale a day early (but you might have needed a special link to get to ticketmaster). Plenty for sale on other sites but prices are well over £200.

Put me second in line for any spare tickets.

Social source share

Steve

Steve, I sometimes host a box at the MEN but wont know until about a month before and before anyone else asks I can only take 1 guest

Steve

Social source share

Mr Rounce and Mr Smith; did Tom Jones do any of his Northern classic the last time you saw him in concert................ :lol:

Mr Wonder did more then just 6t's tracks and I for one am looking forward to seeing him on Sept 8th at the NIA, Birmingham :(

Good luck to you, he just doesn't do anything for me that';s all.

Social source share

Its like most of these artists from way back when, more about nostalgia and really just to say youve seen him live. Might be his last tour, who knows.

Give the man break, play fingertips at a soul night, Nothings TGFMB in the car, and whistle Uptight at work.

Actually I love his stuff like "I WISH, Superstition, and even Sir Duke'

Looking for tickets now.

Ed

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Mr Rounce and Mr Smith; did Tom Jones do any of his Northern classic the last time you saw him in concert................ :lol:

Mr Wonder did more then just 6t's tracks and I for one am looking forward to seeing him on Sept 8th at the NIA, Birmingham :(

Seen SW live three times, once in the 60s and twice in the early 70s. Have to say he was not so good in the 60s and both the early 70s shows were blinders (no pun intended, sorry). But that was before "Sir Duke", "I Just Called To Say I Love You" "Masterblaster" and other horrendous ditties of their calibre worked their way into his repertoire...

Not a Northern classic, true, but the last time I saw Tom Jones in concert (late 80s, Albert Hall) he actually started his set with William Bell's "I Forgot To Be Your Lover". And he was so good that I really understood why women throw knickers at him. :lol:

Social source share

I just called to say I love you, Ebony and ivory, Isn't she lovely, yes the list is endless...

Uptight - Nothing's Too Good For My Baby - Angel Baby - I Want My Baby Back - Livin' For The City - All I Do - Another Star - Pastime Paradise etc. etc. etc.

C'mon Pete you,ve got to like some of these!!!!!

Social source share

Uptight - Nothing's Too Good For My Baby - Angel Baby - I Want My Baby Back - Livin' For The City - All I Do - Another Star - Pastime Paradise etc. etc. etc.

Absolutely! I especially like that period around 72 to 74, Higher Ground, Superstition etc. But I was just echoing what Tony says (quelle surprise) that he hasn't really done anything of note for going on 3 decades

Social source share

...which would probably be far more entertaining than seeing someone who hasn't made a decent record in 25 years, and who probably isn't going to be doing any of his good ones anyway... :lol:

am afraid I am with you on that one Tony, sorry SW fans but he just doesn't do it for me ohmy.gif

QoFxx

Social source share

Stevie Wonder concerts are just that - CONCERTS. They are NOT SHOWS. He normally doesn´t bring any dancers, he sits by his piano. He hardly even walks on stage, because he is kind of afraid of stumbling and falling, since he can´t see. He is led on and off stage by staff. So really there´s not a lot to SEE, you can only HEAR his voice and the music, but I must admit that his live versions are much more LIVELY than the studio recordings. And if he decides to speak, he can be very entertaining, he has a great sense of humour, joking about the fact that he´s blind etc.

Hope you get a ticket mate.

Cheers,

Melismo

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Stevie Wonder concerts are just that - CONCERTS. They are NOT SHOWS. He normally doesn´t bring any dancers, he sits by his piano. He hardly even walks on stage, because he is kind of afraid of stumbling and falling, since he can´t see. He is led on and off stage by staff. So really there´s not a lot to SEE, you can only HEAR his voice and the music, but I must admit that his live versions are much more LIVELY than the studio recordings. And if he decides to speak, he can be very entertaining, he has a great sense of humour, joking about the fact that he´s blind etc.

Hope you get a ticket mate.

Cheers,

Melismo

I hope he doesn't just a sit at his piano. I went to see Elton John a few years ago with someone who had a spare ticket. He just sat at the piano and banged out one song after another in succession for two hours. It was the most boring experience of my entire life. :ohmy:

Social source share

Yeah c'mon Pete! You've got to admit the first two on the list were pre-ratshit tunes.

-Kev

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Never seen him live but would like to but i would love to hear him do some 60's stuff aswell as others the stuff i like a lot by him are

Upright, Nothings Too Good for my Baby, I Hear a Symphony, Signed Sealed Delievered, Angel Baby, Isn't She Lovely, Never Had A Dream Come True, I Was Made to Lover Her, You Are the Sunshine of My Life, I Just Called to Say I Love her, Pastimes Paradise, Blwoin in the wind and a few from his 60's albums.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert