Daybreak-everything Man/i Need Love

NEV

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

When they first came out - bidding did go silly for the initial lot - Think there wa a little monkeying around asI dont think they were that limited at all. I'd buy a few from HMV website for 2.99 and sell em on ebay for a tenner :thumbup: Easy peasy - But then people will pay the most ridiculous money for records that are very easily available.

(I assume its the earlier ones sold - Can't seem to bring up that specific item)

Rich

Edited by harrogatesoul
Social source share

Also you have to tread veeeeeery carefully with any P&P related stuff. It's probably the most bootlegged label around these days.

I can't believe how close the re-presses are to the originals. Peter Brown really is the original Harlem hustler - he's sold his catalogue to two different people and regularly boots his own stuff LOL....

Ian D :thumbup:

Social source share

Also you have to tread veeeeeery carefully with any P&P related stuff. It's probably the most bootlegged label around these days.

I can't believe how close the re-presses are to the originals. Peter Brown really is the original Harlem hustler - he's sold his catalogue to two different people and regularly boots his own stuff LOL....

Ian D :rolleyes:

Yes Peter is a hustler isnt he Ian - Mind you it was great fun trying to understand what he says with that broad harlem accent. - never bothered asking him what he had in those plastic bags he was carrying around and trying to sell to the vinyl shops in manhatten.

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

Yes Peter is a hustler isnt he Ian - Mind you it was great fun trying to understand what he says with that broad harlem accent. - never bothered asking him what he had in those plastic bags he was carrying around and trying to sell to the vinyl shops in manhatten.

Well we can all guess Ernie LOL!

Even worse was the P&P DVD. Did you ever see/hear that? It had a Peter Brown interview on it with just abysmal sound quality so it was impossible to hear what he was actually saying even if you could understand the accent!

Also it had a horrible looped version of "Atmosphere Strut" as the background music throughout the interview which made listening to the interview even more difficult.

When I was putting out some of the stuff on the Deep Disco Culture series, I actually had a guy from New York come in to try and translate the interview but even he gave up in the end.

The quality was about the same as most of the records LOL........

Social source share

Well we can all guess Ernie LOL!

Even worse was the P&P DVD. Did you ever see/hear that? It had a Peter Brown interview on it with just abysmal sound quality so it was impossible to hear what he was actually saying even if you could understand the accent!

Also it had a horrible looped version of "Atmosphere Strut" as the background music throughout the interview which made listening to the interview even more difficult.

When I was putting out some of the stuff on the Deep Disco Culture series, I actually had a guy from New York come in to try and translate the interview but even he gave up in the end.

The quality was about the same as most of the records LOL........

Ian he just sounds like hees got his hand over his mouth when he speaks but obviously he hasnt!

He was always interested in how much the originals of P&P or PAP labels were in UK.

When I told him one on P&P (Florence ?) was about £100 or $200 in US he said halfway through lunch "stay here Ill be back in an hour".True to his word one hour later he turns up with lots of 12" he wanted me to buy to sell in Uk but nothing on P&P but asked me the name of any dealers I knew in UK!

Marvellous experience for me watching him operate!

Social source share

Ian he just sounds like hees got his hand over his mouth when he speaks but obviously he hasnt!

He was always interested in how much the originals of P&P or PAP labels were in UK.

When I told him one on P&P (Florence ?) was about £100 or $200 in US he said halfway through lunch "stay here Ill be back in an hour".True to his word one hour later he turns up with lots of 12" he wanted me to buy to sell in Uk but nothing on P&P but asked me the name of any dealers I knew in UK!

Marvellous experience for me watching him operate!

Even worse was myself and a colleague bought the rights to distribute the P&P catalogue for 3 years off him for $10,000 a couple of years back.

We got the first release out only to be informed by Unidisc that they'd bought the rights from him in 1999!

Cue massive amounts of legal hassle, potential litigation etc, etc.

At one point it was suggested that maybe I should fly over there, go to Harlem and get the cash back LOL.....(anyone who knows Peter would know that the chances of that were zero).

It only got sorted in the end because the other parties documentation was less than complete and because I basically put the entire catalogue together properly and found most of the missing masters so an accomodation was reached and we eventually got our dosh back.

But I had visions of getting over there and having to round-up King Sun, Just Ice and a few other NY heavyweights and apply a bit of pressure LOL. That would've been fun and another one for the book but luckily it never came to that..........

Funilly enough I still speak to Peter every so often. Now he's one person I'd love to do a proper interview with if only I could understand what the f*$k he was talking about!

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

Even worse was myself and a colleague bought the rights to distribute the P&P catalogue for 3 years off him for $10,000 a couple of years back.

We got the first release out only to be informed by Unidisc that they'd bought the rights from him in 1999!

Cue massive amounts of legal hassle, potential litigation etc, etc.

At one point it was suggested that maybe I should fly over there, go to Harlem and get the cash back LOL.....(anyone who knows Peter would know that the chances of that were zero).

It only got sorted in the end because the other parties documentation was less than complete and because I basically put the entire catalogue together properly and found most of the missing masters so an accomodation was reached and we eventually got our dosh back.

But I had visions of getting over there and having to round-up King Sun, Just Ice and a few other NY heavyweights and apply a bit of pressure LOL. That would've been fun and another one for the book but luckily it never came to that..........

Funilly enough I still speak to Peter every so often. Now he's one person I'd love to do a proper interview with if only I could understand what the f*$k he was talking about!

Ian D biggrin.gif

I di interview him over lunch- Ill try to find my notes when I move house in a couple of moinths - Itll make interesting reading :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert