The Whispers Lp

how much would you bid for this one on dore?

50 quid ? 75 quid ?

was it really released in 1969 ...or....1979?

I know what is contained on the lp, my point - It is an original usa release on the original label with amazing tunes on it !

Is it really that hard to pin down ! (USA Members will know best?)

It was not made in quantity for the Northern Soul scene!

How many copys would have been pressed on US Dore? (not the Jap press)

What would you expect to pay for it ?

Full Info and price with original artwork and release info expected in 5 minuites please ! thumbsup.gif

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Adam G

1979/80 LP containing the awesome Crossover track "You Can't Fight What's Right".

No idea of price. How much do you want it?

thumbsup.gif

Sean

I wouldnt have thought its that hard?

I would have to dig it but the SHHH lp was also released on Reese lable out of Tennesee in 1980 repackaged and titled "Story book of love" which may be easier t find? .Its cover has hand drawn picture of the group as oposed to the lips on the dore cover.

As you say Sean got the excellant " you cant fight whats right" as well as "It only hurts for a little while" and a better IMO version of "Needle in a haystack".

Adam

Edited by Adam G
Social source share

1979/80 LP containing the awesome Crossover track "You Can't Fight What's Right".

No idea of price. How much do you want it?

:lol:

Sean

Like you say Sean, "You can,t fight whats right" is AWESOME, just picked up a "7". Didn,t know it until Bully copied and sent a CD that you,d done, so thanks to you and Bully for that one mate. Talking about "awesome" Whispers records (theres many IMHO) Blake H posted the "incredible" "Never again" by them the other day, is this track also featured in the set.

Kev

Social source share

50 quid ? 75 quid ?

Full Info and price with original artwork and release info expected in 5 minuites please ! :lol:

Superb LP. US Dore label copies pop up over here fairly regularly and normally sell circa £50, though they never seem to be in tip top condition.

The Japanese P.Vine label copies aren't exactly common, as they are now 20 years old themselves - they have duplicate original sleeve design and came complete with obi strip and sleeve incert. The sound quality on the P.Vine copies is spot on...but...I personally prefer the 45 mix of their awesome moody mid-tempo, 'It only hurts for a little while'!

I think I may have a spare copy of the P.Vine release...will check tomorrow, and if you need sleeve/label scans, I can do tomorrow...as it is nearly 1AM over here now and I need my beauty sleep...resist the comments if you will?!

:)

Social source share

Superb LP. US Dore label copies pop up over here fairly regularly and normally sell circa £50, though they never seem to be in tip top condition.

The Japanese P.Vine label copies aren't exactly common, as they are now 20 years old themselves - they have duplicate original sleeve design and came complete with obi strip and sleeve incert. The sound quality on the P.Vine copies is spot on...but...I personally prefer the 45 mix of their awesome moody mid-tempo, 'It only hurts for a little while'!

I think I may have a spare copy of the P.Vine release...will check tomorrow, and if you need sleeve/label scans, I can do tomorrow...as it is nearly 1AM over here now and I need my beauty sleep...resist the comments if you will?!

:unsure:

Totally agree with you Dave, the 45 of 'Only hurts' is a thousand times better - can't stand the LP version.

Social source share

50 quid ? 75 quid ?

I know what is contained on the lp, my point - It is an original usa release on the original label with amazing tunes on it !

Full Info and price with original artwork and release info expected in 5 minuites please ! :unsure:

Also available on a el salvador issue LP

I know cos i sold it to someone one on here a bit back for about £50 :ohmy:

If my memory serves me right,the only track written in English on the label was THE DIP.

All play in same language though :D

Social source share

:ohmy:

Would probably recommend the P-VINE release myself if sound quality is important .

After all the original lp is a late release of their early released 45's, and re-mixed at that, to bring it upto date...... 70's :D

From memory i recall sound being very low on original lp :unsure:

Social source share

Thanks as usual for all the info - spot on as always.

Was "The Dip" slightly remixed on this lp too, as i have never heard that tune re-mixed.

So 50 quid for a decent copy then and mostly a great lp then!

Many thank ...Mossy thumbsup.gif

Social source share

I've had this LP and was very disappointed. As far as I remember hadn't most or all the tracks been re-mixed with "disco" backing.

ROD

I don't think they were remixed with disco backing, I think there was just new bass added to it (which does take away from it). I think the engineer who did it is this guy John Greek, who is that guy selling the last remaining dore stock on ebay and who puts pictures of women in bikinis instead of the actual records.

Social source share

Thanks as usual for all the info - spot on as always.

Was "The Dip" slightly remixed on this lp too, as i have never heard that tune re-mixed.

So 50 quid for a decent copy then and mostly a great lp then!

Many thank ...Mossy :(

As far as i remember "The Dip" was same as original :yes:

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

50 quid ? 75 quid ?

Full Info and price with original artwork and release info expected in 5 minuites please ! :thumbsup:

This album also came out on QUICKSILVER RECORDS and is titled DOCTOR LOVE

was produced in Los Angeles in 1982

And if im right it is the original cut's and not the 70's mix version?

Then again i could be totally wrong :thumbup:

Anybody out there who can confirm this please??

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert