Betty Lloyd Test Pressing On Ebay

• Replies 47
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest hudsoul

is it just my ears,,or the auction player,,,but does it sound slightly different to the released version,,,?????a more prominent piano perhaps??

Social source share

Think your supposed to contact the member personally ,

not blatantly put it where everyone can see :rolleyes:

The seller would have been contacted personally, and displayed the question on his ad by choice.

I've 'named and shamed' people who ask me silly questions about sale items - they don't come back!

Social source share

Sounds very different to my ears, more laid back, slightly jazzier delivery. Nice! Wish I'd seen it!

yes!!!!very good version,thinking the same Trevski.Must spend more time on the bay sooner than on here with the rabble biggrin.gif .

Social source share

Hi everybody,

i am the one who actually won this ebay auction.

However, given what the seller wrote to me, it's very unlikely I will ever get this record.

What do you guys think??

Reliable??

"I am writing to you as several records of mine have been broken in a accident and damaged which has caused me no end of grief as some were prized 45's of mine, so therefor i am sorry to say this was one which was damaged, luckily i saved a sound file mp3 track of it , so i offer my apolgy for this , but u will see i am a honest dealer with 10 years experience and 100% positive care for cutomers , accept my apology,

Dave G

soul-auctions.com

UK "

to which I replied that I didn't believe his explanation and that I was thinking he might have got a very good offer

this was his last reply

"Hello,

What i am actually telling you is the record was broken along with several other ones which cost me a considerable amount of money and i am not happy myself,iv'e never had a problem with any 45's i sell as you;ll see, but this has cost me money myself as iv;e lost them,i am sorry but other than what i have done , its irreplaceable to me as well, as for offers NO look at my history i have been on EBAY Near 10 years and neverhad any problems with what i sell, and indeed i have many more i will sell, my deepest apology but what am i supposed to do ???,A accident if you want to know the dog actually knocked my box off the coffee table, am i sick YES!!! thanking you,

Dave G

UK"

True or not, I will not get the bargain of the year sad.gifsad.gif:unsure:

Social source share

Hi everybody,

However, given what the seller wrote to me, it's very unlikely I will ever get this record.

What do you guys think??

Reliable??

"I am writing to you as several records of mine have been broken in a accident and damaged which has caused me no end of grief as some were prized 45's of mine, so therefor i am sorry to say this was one which was damaged, luckily i saved a sound file mp3 track of it , so i offer my apolgy for this , but u will see i am a honest dealer with 10 years experience and 100% positive care for cutomers , accept my apology,

Dave G

soul-auctions.com

UK "

to which I replied that I didn't believe his explanation and that I was thinking he might have got a very good offer

this was his last reply

"Hello,

What i am actually telling you is the record was broken along with several other ones which cost me a considerable amount of money and i am not happy myself,iv'e never had a problem with any 45's i sell as you;ll see, but this has cost me money myself as iv;e lost them,i am sorry but other than what i have done , its irreplaceable to me as well, as for offers NO look at my history i have been on EBAY Near 10 years and neverhad any problems with what i sell, and indeed i have many more i will sell, my deepest apology but what am i supposed to do ???,A accident if you want to know the dog actually knocked my box off the coffee table, am i sick YES!!! thanking you,

Dave G

UK"

That sounds like complete crap.

Funny isn't it, your bargain gets flagged to buggery and lo and behold the record just happens to be magically 'broken' by a dog knocking a box of records off a coffee table (how many times have bargains been hyped up then ended up being sat on, dropped, mauled by a dog or eaten by a child)...must be a very tall coffee table! Before I finished reading this thread I just said to a mate 'bet after all this the buyer gets welched on'...and f*ck me, carried on to the end and you have been! Unless of course it really did happen (seems too coincidental though) Why not just ask the guy to send the two broken pieces seeing as you've rightfully won it...at least you can still have a rarity, if only to put on your wall or something.

Social source share

That sounds like complete crap.

Funny isn't it, your bargain gets flagged to buggery and lo and behold the record just happens to be magically 'broken' by a dog knocking a box of records off a coffee table (how many times have bargains been hyped up then ended up being sat on, dropped, mauled by a dog or eaten by a child)...must be a very tall coffee table! Before I finished reading this thread I just said to a mate 'bet after all this the buyer gets welched on'...and f*ck me, carried on to the end and you have been! Unless of course it really did happen (seems too coincidental though) Why not just ask the guy to send the two broken pieces seeing as you've rightfully won it...at least you can still have a rarity, if only to put on your wall or something.

mumble mumble (reading your post made me suspicious towards the seller again rolleyes.gif ),

I've asked the dealer to provide me with a scan/picture of the actual damaged record.

might be a little easier (and cheaper) than getting the actual broken (?) record.

wait and see huh.gif

g

Edited by soulfuljules
Social source share

Hi everybody,

What do you guys think??

Reliable??

Dave G

soul-auctions.com

UK "

this was his last reply

"Hello,

Dave G

UK"

Cant he still send as proof then you return cause surely if knackered it wont matter.he will keep his good reputation then.

Edited by ken
Social source share

Cant he still send as proof then you return cause surely if knackered it wont matter.he will keep his good reputation then.

I BET SOME BUGGER ON HERE HAS SEEN THIS THREAD & CONTACTED THE SELLER & MADE HIM AN OFFER HE CANT REFUSE...... AND BEFORE YOU ASK, NO, IT WASNT ME

Social source share

I BET SOME BUGGER ON HERE HAS SEEN THIS THREAD & CONTACTED THE SELLER & MADE HIM AN OFFER HE CANT REFUSE...... AND BEFORE YOU ASK, NO, IT WASNT ME

I would be going ape,least he could do dont you think? i mean if it was me and i had a decent reputation! go to court :thumbup:

Social source share

how many times have bargains been hyped up then ended up being sat on, dropped, mauled by a dog or eaten by a child

I remember getting a record, opening the package and leaving it on the coffee table. My daughter who was then maybe 1 year old picked it up and ran around with it in her mouth. I wish I'd got it now, it has a perfect set of her teeth prints on it.

Social source share

Hi everybody,

What do you guys think??

Reliable??

Dave G

soul-auctions.com

UK "

this was his last reply

"Hello,

Dave G

UK"

True or not, I will not get the bargain of the year :thumbup::thumbup::wicked:

what a crock of s**t.

you have been shafted.

Social source share

I agree and file a dispute with e-bay if he won't provide proof of the damage.

my friend recently sold the jades on mode on ebay, he cracked it in half when packing it. he refunded the guy's money and sent the record anyways. an honest seller would send you the cracked record.

Social source share

If the records not cracked,and gone to some other buyer,its gonna be pretty hard for that person to play it out,what with all the neck craning etc?.

Maybe its just going to be buried in a collection for a couple of years. :thumbup: .

HOPE YOU GET THIS SORTED!

Social source share

Guest moggy

I was cleaning a £15 choon prior to packing it

when I heard it click, after a CSI type look at the vinyl I detected a barely visible 3mm hairline crack at the outer edge, it did nothing to affect the play and honestly the buyer would never have seen it

I sent him the record, with a full refund, and another record to the equivilent value :thumbup:

:thumbup: And I still felt bad about it

I didn"t want the buyer thinking I had pulled a fast one selling him a defected record :wicked: and explained this in a letter I had written

Fair play to him, he sent me the money back and was more than happy with the two choons.

:ohmy: There are some good sellers out there as well.

Social source share

Hi everybody,

What do you guys think??

Reliable??

Dave G

soul-auctions.com

UK "

this was his last reply

"Hello,

Dave G

UK"

True or not, I will not get the bargain of the year :thumbup::thumbup::wicked:

tell him to send you the broken copy you will see if it can be repaired and will pay him the value of it as a broken record.

mark

Social source share

my friend recently sold the jades on mode on ebay, he cracked it in half when packing it. he refunded the guy's money and sent the record anyways. an honest seller would send you the cracked record.

I know there are some on here who don't like e-bay sales discussed and things like this don't help, that is if the seller has seen the topic and realised what he was selling of course.

Social source share

I know there are some on here who don't like e-bay sales discussed and things like this don't help, that is if the seller has seen the topic and realised what he was selling of course.

dont think could put such a "no discuss" policy into effect, and not really convinced off the benefits

as could argue that highlighting similar issues to this could/does have some positive effects

but would say that discussion is for another thread

have had similar occurances and myself would ask for photos of all the broken recs at very least

given the circumstance would have thought any seller be more than happy to supply to clear up any possible misunderstandings

Social source share

Help what Chalky ?,who is it then!! :thumbup:

Social source share

I made sure not to start the thread until well after the auction had closed. On the same note Jules, believe me I'd feel really awful if he acted as a result of this thread, and would only really have myself to blame.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

I made sure not to start the thread until well after the auction had closed. On the same note Jules, believe me I'd feel really awful if he acted as a result of this thread, and would only really have myself to blame.

It's not your fault Gene, this part of the site is for discussing records and this was an interesting one to discuss, a very interesting one.

I sympathise with the buyer, but also the seller in a strange way, I know what it's like to sell a very expensive record for next to nothing then someone else comes along and offers loads more than what I just sold it for - in fact it happend on here last week, that Clicky whatsit 45 I was selling, I took an offer then immediately got offered £200 on top of that - by two separate people - despite me announcing that it was sold.

I'd already agreed a sale so it went for the original price to the original buyer - however, if it had been MY record and not someone else's - and my financial situation was as bad as it usually is - then who knows, I might have had to say look, I can't turn down this extra £200 quid I've just been offered.

I've also been usurped on records I'd been promised, by some very well known names. It just gets written in the black book and I don't deal with them again. At the end of the day, money talks.

Social source share

I don't see why my message doesn't help. What doesn't help is how people viciously attack certain people with little evidence. Suggesting that the honest thing to do is to send the cracked record is not an attack on the seller -- if the seller took the advice, it would prove their honesty. If they didn't, it would probably prove their dishonesty. Maybe neither side considered this. I don't know any of the parties involved and I was not directly commenting on either of them.

Social source share

I don't see why my message doesn't help. What doesn't help is how people viciously attack certain people with little evidence. Suggesting that the honest thing to do is to send the cracked record is not an attack on the seller -- if the seller took the advice, it would prove their honesty. If they didn't, it would probably prove their dishonesty. Maybe neither side considered this. I don't know any of the parties involved and I was not directly commenting on either of them.

I wasn't referring to yours or anyone else's message just the fact some do not like ebay auctions being discussed....at least that is until they have the record in their hands if they are bidding etc. I agree with what you said, said as much myself and I also agree with what Mike said.

Social source share

i won a 45 off this dealer 2weeks ago.

got my 45 no problem.

he seemed a genuine guy,very friendly in his emails.

a photo of the broken 45 would be the best thing to do.

he told me to look out for other sales he was putting up on bay,i forgot to look,or i mite of seen b/lloyd.

also said was thinking of puting up his 19 shrine record for sale,as he cant get the other copys to finish the collection.

Social source share

i won a 45 off this dealer 2weeks ago.

got my 45 no problem.

he seemed a genuine guy,very friendly in his emails.

a photo of the broken 45 would be the best thing to do.

he told me to look out for other sales he was putting up on bay,i forgot to look,or i mite of seen b/lloyd.

also said was thinking of puting up his 19 shrine record for sale,as he cant get the other copys to finish the collection.

Bloody hell 19 i only managed to get 13 unlucky for some only got 6 now

Social source share

soooooooo,

in the end i got a coupla pics from the seller clearly showing that the record is cracked.

if somebody tells me how to attach a pic i'll post them up

now i feel triple sorry:

1)for not getting the record

2)for causing all this fuss when the seller was right and in good faith in the first place (and i've apologised to him)

3)for watching italy losing so badly against the netherlands :lol:

thanx for all pms and sympathising comments, but the guy was right.

on such occasions the track "suspicion" springs to mind...

Social source share

soooooooo,

in the end i got a coupla pics from the seller clearly showing that the record is cracked.

if somebody tells me how to attach a pic i'll post them up

now i feel triple sorry:

1)for not getting the record

2)for causing all this fuss when the seller was right and in good faith in the first place (and i've apologised to him)

3)for watching italy losing so badly against the netherlands :(

thanx for all pms and sympathising comments, but the guy was right.

on such occasions the track "suspicion" springs to mind...

He broke the record when you asked the pics.. :lol:wicked.gif:wicked::P

Social source share

he also posted a pic with other broken recs.

apparently he didn't know what tune it was and asked me if i knew it...

now, if that was my dog :lol:

he scanned the label........stuck it onto a copy of joe dolcie - shadup a your face.......then snapped it in half & sent you the picture......still think youve been gazumped

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert