Don Thomas - Train Start Moving

Guest Tommy

Guest Tommy

Was this record ever released? If so then what was label did it come out on and what was the b-side?

I'd much appreciate any help.

:thumbup:

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Tommy

On the flip of Come On Train on NUVJ

Thanks J-brew. Well thats strange. I have 2 Monarch test press' here of 'Train start moving" with "Come back home to me" on the b-side. Was this ever released with these 2 sides?

Social source share

Guest Tommy

I've attached pictures of the 2 test press' i have. One is blank. The other states the title + Don Thomas himself wrote "my second release" on the "Train start moving" side. Both are the same record.

post-2018-1212649687_thumb.jpg

post-2018-1212649712_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest Tommy

Also, just for interest, i have his first release too that was also his personal copy (not a test press)...

post-2018-1212649903_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest Tommy

Thanks J-brew. Well thats strange. I have 2 Monarch test press' here of 'Train start moving" with "Come back home to me" on the b-side. Was this ever released with these 2 sides?

Anyone? :lol:

Social source share

Guest Darks

Anyone? :lol:

I would say yes cause I've seen it. A friend got a copy of ebay a few years ago. Can't remember the label but think it was yellow. I thought it was interesting as it had no connection with "come on train". I would say it is quite obscure. Great side. Sorry I can't be more specific!

Regards Alan

Social source share

Guest Tommy

I would say yes cause I've seen it. A friend got a copy of ebay a few years ago. Can't remember the label but think it was yellow. I thought it was interesting as it had no connection with "come on train". I would say it is quite obscure. Great side. Sorry I can't be more specific!

Regards Alan

Thanks Alan, appreciate the info. Yes it must be pretty rare, i can't recall ever seeing one. Both sides are quite good actually. I'm wondering if it came out on PMRC then as with his first release? It's a possibility as you remember the label being yellow.

Social source share

Guest Tommy

Hi Tommy, I saw on soulsource that you were asking about Don Thomas Train Start Moving. I have it on a 45 on a yellow label called Cal State Music. number cs3202A, the title on this release is actually slightly different, its Train Keep Moving, the flip is Please Come Back Home. There's a date 6-73.

Sorry to contact you this way but I'm not a member of soul source. If you get this info please post it up on soul source for anybody else who's interested, and then I'll know you got it,

cheers

john pugh.

Thanks a lot John!, e-mailed you back mate.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert