Carbon Foot(see)print

How "Guilty" are we (Northern/ Modern people) in this "green age".

We demand vinyl records using precious oil, We travel hundreds of mile to hear a few sounds played when we could just sit at home and "down load".

We now fly to different countries to Dj or dance, or even further searching for those oil guzzling 45s.

We promote events to MAKE people travel, in some cases FLYING people in to perform.

We produce tons of carbon-dioxide talking bol***ks at all-nighters

I hold my hand up and say "Guilty" to all charges me lord. I wouldn't even know where to begin to work out how many trees I'd need to plant to make amends for our miss use over the last 35 years ph34r.gif

What's your answer to this, do we stop, or how far away are we from the first "Green" soul event :(

Rob & karen

*please note no animals were used or harmed during the making of this post lamsey.gif *

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

...and how many flyers are printed, only to be scrapped off tables by venue cleaners at the end of a night

THEN AGAIN:

Whilst the vinyl must travel to get to places (by post or carry), we are being green by not demanding 'new' records

Whilst 'normal' people spend money on ipods, cd players, games and other home electronics to occupy their time - we'd rather go out to dance or buy a recyclable vinyl product.

Whilst Soul Source offers vitual sales (avoiding paper lists), how much energy do we use to stay online.

Whilst we travel far to get to venues, how many less homes do we need to heat when hundreds are gathered in the same venue.

We would have to walk to the first green event, charge the players and lights with a manual powered generator and not even wash the glasses afterwards! ohmy.gif

...We're soulies for good sake, not hippies :(

m

= zero carbon footprint ph34r.gif =

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

I'm really worried about global warming....all my Arctic records are meltin'! smile.gif

DOES THAT MEAN THE INVITATIONS WON'T BE SKING IN THE SNOW ANYMORE wink.gif

Social source share

Ok so the seas might rise if we don't be careful-but Have you thought how many NEW places would be sea side towns--that opens up a whole lot of new places for weekenders thumbsup.gif

You gone mad Rob?

Donny on Sea :thumbsup:

Not only that but we'd lose Bridlington :no:

Social source share

Guest denmac

guilty to most of the above over 35 years but have also absorbed many green and somethings over those years so i don`t need to plant a bush.

Social source share

You gone mad Rob?

Donny on Sea :thumbsup:

Not only that but we'd lose Bridlington :no:

Quite a few surrounding areas of the said township were , following the monsoons in June of last year .........

In respect of my own carbon footprint over the years - very , very guilty I am afraid .......

I have lost count of the miles I have schelpped up , down , and across this sceptered isle of ours , and now I am adding to it by travelling abroad again to DJ .......

The first eco - friendly 45 ? - The Magnetics " Lady In Green " rolleyes.gif ........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

You gone mad Rob?

Donny on Sea :P

Not only that but we'd lose Bridlington :)

Maybe you could sell some of your spare capacity you dont use Cunnie,sort of trading in soul carbon footprints.

Social source share

Maybe you could sell some of your spare capacity you dont use Cunnie,sort of trading in soul carbon footprints.

No fecker would have him on a "Trade in", all those "local" Yorshire soul nights he runs look like they are good for the enviroment though. Cunnie doesn't have a CAR, he "car share''s" all the time. Also travels on Public transport to work.

Mirror, mirror on the wall, is Cunnie the greenest of them all" :) ouchh

Hey Malc he's even sent me his article by Pigeon Post

Rob & Karen

Social source share

guilty to most of the above over 35 years but have also absorbed many green and somethings over those years so i don`t need to plant a bush.

Yeah right on! then the saving on leccy, washin powder & machine wear n tear, not washing your bedding as your not sleepin so much! Plus helping out those lab rats on a few Tests.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert