This Week's Original Mastercuts Show 1/6/08 - Playlist & Link

OK, we were working with a recaltrant microphone this week but hey, it's all about the music and boy is there some music on this show!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show with Ian Dewhirst & Alan Champ - Sunday 1st June 2008 on www.Starpointradio.com.

To download the show simply hit the link below! Or for this and all archived shows please pay a visit to www.sixmillionsteps.com where you can get the last 4 weeks worth of all Six Million Steps produced shows. That's 16 hours of free music over the last 4 weeks alone! Plus, loads of new fully downloadable KILLER mixes in a variety of styles.

1st Hour

Opening Mix:-

Main Street - That Music

Cerrone feat Jocelyn Brown - Hooked On You - Close Mix

MLS - Extra Careful

Metropole - Miss Manhattan

Fifth Avenue - Got To Take A Chance

Leonard Lidell - Fallen Out Of Love

Sargeant & Malone - Love Message

Johnnie & Joe - Double Dealing

Enchantment - Somebody's Loving You

Rojas - With Your Love

2nd Hour

The Salvadores - Stick By Me Baby

Herb Ward - Honest To Goodness

The Tomangoes - I Really Love You

Sam Ward - Sister Lee

Ronnie McNeir - Sitting In My Class

Mother Fox - Fallen Into Love

Nicky Newmarkers - Woman

Curtis - How Can I Tell Her

Peace Of Mind - Heaven In Your Eyes

Helen Baylor - Oasis

Impromp2 - Summer Night

Larry Hancock - Sweet Persuasion

Sherrick - Call Me

Brainstorm - We're On Our Way Home

https://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2008-06-01-Starpoint.mp3

Best,

Ian D :D

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Cheers for posting playlist and upload Ian!

You talked about a recalcitrant microphone problem, all I can say is that the volume of your voices was much higher than the volume of the music. But maybe that´s something the compressor took care of when the show was on air, I guess the recording you´ve uploaded was recorded in the studio.

Great show as always!!!

Among my favourites were:

Main Street - That Music

Rojas - With Your Love

Helen Baylor - Oasis

Larry Hancock (formerly of S.O.U.L.) is a wonderful singer, a pity he didn´t cut a solo album back in the 70´s. I guess the French album is a bit too modern production-wise for some people on here, but nevertheless the track you played is really nice.

The Sherrick remix, is that from the 12-inch single?

Cheers,

Melismo

Social source share

Cheers for posting playlist and upload Ian!

You talked about a recalcitrant microphone problem, all I can say is that the volume of your voices was much higher than the volume of the music. But maybe that´s something the compressor took care of when the show was on air, I guess the recording you´ve uploaded was recorded in the studio.

Great show as always!!!

Among my favourites were:

Main Street - That Music

Rojas - With Your Love

Helen Baylor - Oasis

Larry Hancock (formerly of S.O.U.L.) is a wonderful singer, a pity he didn´t cut a solo album back in the 70´s. I guess the French album is a bit too modern production-wise for some people on here, but nevertheless the track you played is really nice.

The Sherrick remix, is that from the 12-inch single?

Cheers,

Melismo

Haha LOL. Cheers Mel. thumbup.gif

Yep, my volume was far too loud. Many apologies - we had to use the guest mike and we haven't yet mastered the art of testing the levels as we have a new mixer in there. Hopefully all back to normal next week.

On the other hand, 40 years of listening to music at excessive volumes had essentially made me deaf by normal standards, so my voice is basically louder than most. Oh and the TV volume seems to be creeping up too LOL!

And Main Street, Leonard Lidell, Rojas, Mother Fox. Helen Baylor and Brainstorm are all killers aren't they?

And the Sherrick version I actually downloaded from EMS 'cos I needed a digital file although I do have the 12" - I'll check but it sounds like a Latin type remix to these ears.

Apparently the rest of the tracks on the Larry Hancock album are meant to be duff but I love "Sweet Persuasion". Maybe someone on here has the album and can comment further.......?

Thanks again Mel - always a pleasure to hear from ya!

Ian D :g:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert