Measures Of Acceptance

Could I ask what you have to do to gain acceptance on here?

Are posting reminiscences, giving views, asking thought provoking questions (that sounds a bit 'Barry White' I know), being positive etc not enough?: (Christ! I sound like I'm arsed here).

At what point do my views drag the vitriole out of people?

You silly nit-pickers surely must see that I have some kind of earnt view?

I have no wish to be tarnished with the red wine 'midnight poster' mantle.

From this day forth I will attempt, again, to be a valid (??) member to this board.

...errrr!!

Social source share

• Replies 36
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Calling people names and the patronising superior attitude you display in some of your posts doesn't help.

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
Social source share

why do you care?

do you have friends and acceptance in real life? if so, well it don't really matter what folks on here think... its not real life its the t'internet

if not...

oh and as Reg says - you talk in circles and make no sense at all much of the time

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

If you post something on here that you know and/or believe is true then why are you so worried about acceptance,never bothers me lol.I will always say it how it is from where i'm sat. If I critise some one or somewhere,i'm usually had a go at by said people or their back slapping pals,cause i'm usually right and saying so on here makes said folk uncomfortable so say what you want ......make em feel uncomfortable lol biggrin.gif

Social source share

Are posting reminiscences, giving views, asking thought provoking questions (that sounds a bit 'Barry White' I know), being positive etc not enough?: (Christ! I sound like I'm arsed here).

From this day forth I will attempt, again, to be a valid (??) member to this board.

...errrr!!

================

Perhaps a little humility is called for, maybe stop speaking down to people. Cut out the little addendums "adult responses only please", we're all grown ups on here and it's an open forum, people can post what they want. At times it seems as though you're just looking for a reaction, good or bad, and your posts are very much in the style of a guru preaching to his disciples.

Winnie :-)

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

i don't answer because you pose a question then go on in some details as to all the answers so really you're posts need very little involvement from anyone else

if you want more replies .....stop after the question

Social source share

================

Perhaps a little humility is called for, maybe stop speaking down to people. Cut out the little addendums "adult responses only please", we're all grown ups on here and it's an open forum, people can post what they want. At times it seems as though you're just looking for a reaction, good or bad, and your posts are very much in the style of a guru preaching to his disciples.

Winnie :-)

I've often sat here and thought "Does he actually read what he writes before he posts ?"

It might help.

Nick

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

...errrr!!

To be honest Barry (and don't take this the wrong way because you asked for honesty) i never reply to your posts because half of the time i can't understand what you're getting at and the other half of the time it feels like Moses coming down off the mountain with some amazing insight for us all to ponder and when some don't do it justice you go all funny and off with people, so i think to myself why bother?

I'm sure you're a really nice bloke and i know you've been around for ever and seen it all but to be honest on your threads confusion reigns as you seem to always fall out with other posters when they misundertsand what you're getting at.

I've stuck stuff on here in the past but few people have contributed. I don't take it as a personal insult though. Quite often in life one person's most important thing in the world is everybody else's least important thing. That's just the way it goes.

Like i say, you asked for a view.

Hey you got me to contribute, well done! thumbup.gif

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

why do you care?

its not real life its the t'internet

Spot on. As i was saying to Harry on Friday as far as i'm concerned what happens on soul source stays on soul source (especially in the Freebasing section). This isn't the scene, it's just a part of it and you can have the biggest arguments or fallings out on here but when you see people out they are brilliant. I can honestly say i've never met a soul sourcer i didn't like and get on with (they probably all hate me :wicked: ).

It's always been a problem with email, forums etc... that it's often impossible to understand the feeling behind the words because we get no facial clues, no intonation etc... I suppose that's why emotes were invented but they don't really do text based communication justice.

There'll always be some confusion about what people are getting at but i find it always sorts itself out in real life and face to face. thumbup.gif

Social source share

can you get your tongue any further in your cheek Barry?.

If you stopped posting on here we'd be saying "There he goes,taking all that knowlegde with him" :wicked: .

Don't want to worry what folks think?,,,,,then don't post.Kev. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Your questions sometimes seem either to be thinly veiled digs at other people on this board, the board in general and the northern soul scene in general or a glimpse into some kind of inner torment where you pose questions that are loaded with nothing more than self-reflection, doubt and/or frustration, masquerading under the illusion of being philosophical ponderings. Like the one you just asked. Maybe there's some underlying ulterior motive for trying to start 'debates' except most of the time it ends up reading like some kind of vendetta designed to bring out the negativity you claim to want to avoid. Some of the topics you raise are interesting and I'm sure relevant to a lot of people, but when it's nothing more than a show of frustration at not getting the dues you reckon you've earned (and you seem to have been around a long time, so no doubt you have earned them) I suppose people naturally switch off or take the conversarion elsewhere: which no doubt annoys you. That one about buying, selling and collecting records was interesting, even if you did seem to ignore or belittle some pertinent replies.

Social source share

...errrr!!

Those long winter nights must fly by in your house Baz!!!! laugh.gif

KTF.

Drew.

Social source share

Right then Barry, you asked so here goes.

Answer 1 - Don't wear denim jackets with Wigan patches on them.

Answer 2 - Don't admit to liking or playing House music.

1 & 2 must never be done together or the results could be a total disaster.

post-3218-1212318144_thumb.jpg

Answer 3 - Go easy on the red wine at midnight.

Answer 4 - Never try to answer more than 3 questions at once :wicked: .

End of the day Barry you've got a lot to offer this forum with your musical knowledge & i'm speaking personally now, i'd miss your posts on here as we both share a very similar musical background but keep it short & sweet mate & don't put yourself on a pedestal & if you do don't bite when someone tries to knock you off it.

Mart...

PS, You got an Ike Strong yet?

Think I might have turned a copy up tongue.gif

Social source share

i don't answer because you pose a question then go on in some details as to all the answers so really you're posts need very little involvement from anyone else

if you want more replies .....stop after the question

I remember listening to a Northern Soul DJ interviewing a soul artiste (can't recall names of either) on TV Pontins at Prestatyn. The DJ was so anxious to impress his guest with his soul knowledge that each "question" was about 10 minutes long and contained all the info that had said soul artiste been allowed to get a word in, would have said for himself. That just left soul artiste to say yes, or no in agreement to Mr know it all's questions. I wanted to hear the soul artiste speak for himself and so grating was the interviewing technique, I switched off.

Social source share

...errrr!!

be careful what you wish for..................................... :unsure:

does it really matter what people think...................... :wicked:

the grass may be greener on the other side, .....................................but it still needs mowing :unsure:

Social source share

just the way i see it:

when my account was acctivated i had gained acceptance on here. acceptance of my views is another thing :unsure:

i made some posts that recieved some strongly held views that were totally against mine. that was absolutely fine. my views have not changed. those people whose views differed from mine were perfectly at liberty to say what they had to say against my views - because they had the same right of participation on these forums that i had been granted; and i do not think for one minute that they have changed thier views, which again is perfectly ok. and putting a pespective on it - it is all just opinions!

there are some very kind and constructive comments given in this thread and may just be worth taking some on board. these people are better than me as i am struggling with where you are coming from if i am to be honest Barry. it may be as others have said, the written word on here can be interpreted in different ways. the way i am interpreting what you say is that it smacks of someone who is overindulging in an imense amount of self-pity (or to put it in a non-adult response as i have difficulty conforming to condescending instructions), I have tried to see this from your point of view but struggle at getting my head that far up my own arse :wicked:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

its amazing how many in this thread that have chastised Barry, have in all probability never started a thought provoking thread though receive much loin tingling in replying. :wicked:

Who exactly has chatised him? He asked a few questions about his posts and he got some honest answers. Wasn't that what he wanted? :unsure:

I thought most posts were spot on and i thought Jason's post was an excellent contribution.

I think you should name these people who have never started a thought provoking thread instead of randomly slagging everybody off.

Social source share

Sometimes Barry... Less is more :wicked:

Not all folk want to write a war and peace reply....

Don't always go round the houses, just spit it out man...

I can tell you have a fine mind,

not like that Kev from Mansfield, one cse in woodwork :unsure: ...

always had a knack of delivering good wood,still have.

Social source share

Who exactly has chatised him? He asked a few questions about his posts and he got some honest answers. Wasn't that what he wanted? :unsure:

I thought most posts were spot on and i thought Jason's post was an excellent contribution.

I think you should name these people who have never started a thought provoking thread instead of randomly slagging everybody off.

Matt top post, you'll go far...and again :wicked:

Social source share

its amazing how many in this thread that have chastised Barry, have in all probability never started a thought provoking thread though receive much loin tingling in replying. :unsure:

Thought provoking? He just wants attention all the time. Fooled you though.

Social source share

I remember listening to a Northern Soul DJ interviewing a soul artiste (can't recall names of either) on TV Pontins at Prestatyn. The DJ was so anxious to impress his guest with his soul knowledge that each "question" was about 10 minutes long and contained all the info that had said soul artiste been allowed to get a word in, would have said for himself. That just left soul artiste to say yes, or no in agreement to Mr know it all's questions. I wanted to hear the soul artiste speak for himself and so grating was the interviewing technique, I switched off.

It wasn't me your Honor :unsure: honest ! :unsure: -but I know who it was :wicked:

And for Barry----get a thicker skin--it helps !

Rob

Social source share

Spot on. As i was saying to Harry on Friday as far as i'm concerned what happens on soul source stays on soul source (especially in the Freebasing section). This isn't the scene, it's just a part of it and you can have the biggest arguments or fallings out on here but when you see people out they are brilliant. I can honestly say i've never met a soul sourcer i didn't like and get on with (they probably all hate me :D ).

It's always been a problem with email, forums etc... that it's often impossible to understand the feeling behind the words because we get no facial clues, no intonation etc... I suppose that's why emotes were invented but they don't really do text based communication justice.

There'll always be some confusion about what people are getting at but i find it always sorts itself out in real life and face to face. :P

I don't hate you Matt, I've only met you a few times and always enjoyed our little chats about some record or other

Steve

Social source share

...errrr!!

Perhaps your guilty (like me) in the fact that you are drinking smoking and snorting too much..........then posting on here ..........under your own impression that you are appearing to be intresting, funny and normal............ and then people just dont get you! :thumbsup:

Dont worry about it bruv, the rest of the world will never work us out ! :lol:

Social source share

Guest soul99 easylay

...errrr!!

I wouldn't worry about it mate - I talk b*llocks most of the time and have been heavily derided on numerous occassions, particularly for a championing of a certain tune (I'm not saying which one and opening that can of worms again!) :)

Just play nice and enjoy the company - I do and thoroughly enjoy it! :lol:

Social source share

Right then Barry, you asked so here goes.

Answer 2 - Don't admit to liking or playing House music.

1 & 2 must never be done together or the results could be a total disaster.

post-3218-1212318144_thumb.jpg

Answer 3 - Go easy on the red wine at midnight.

Answer 4 - Never try to answer more than 3 questions at once :P .

End of the day Barry you've got a lot to offer this forum with your musical knowledge & i'm speaking personally now, i'd miss your posts on here as we both share a very similar musical background but keep it short & sweet mate & don't put yourself on a pedestal & if you do don't bite when someone tries to knock you off it.

Mart...

PS, You got an Ike Strong yet?

Think I might have turned a copy up :lol:

Please pm me Cunnie old dear.

Thanks for the replies folks - you are right in the majority, I do only use this board as a form of therapy and am definately guilty of talking myself around the corner on occassion and sometimes right up my own arse.

For that I apologise.

The majority, not all may I add, of my heartfelt posts are based around a bullshit free thought process - a process that is not that well adhered to on message boards.

And for that I don't apologise.

I must add that I feel I did not deserve the post (or maybe I did, who's to say!?) that stated I have not received what I feel I am due from my input.

Maybe a deserved comment from the people who don't know me on here, but I must add that as you don't know me, you don't know 1) exactly how much I have put in and 2) exactly where I stand in the real world as regards respect from people.

But all in all, great responses.

Thanks.

Social source share

Barry - I like reading your posts , never mind what the others say .......

Anyway , it is not your wearing of such a fashion statement that bothers me , as much as the pose that you had adopted in the photograph :lol: ........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I don't hate you Matt, I've only met you a few times and always enjoyed our little chats about some record or other

Steve

Hopefully see you Saturday mate. :yes:

Social source share

Sometimes Barry... Less is more :thumbsup:

Not all folk want to write a war and peace reply....

Don't always go round the houses, just spit it out man...

I can tell you have a fine mind,

not like that Kev from Mansfield, one cse in woodwork :D ...

PMSL

Hes got you "pegged" Kev if you pardon the wooden pun LOLOL

Mand X

Just kiddin Kev :thumbup:

Social source share

Barry - I like reading your posts , never mind what the others say .......

Anyway , it is not your wearing of such a fashion statement that bothers me , as much as the pose that you had adopted in the photograph :lol: ........

Malc Burton

That piccie was 2002 at The Egg in London (check me out justifying meself), I wasn't adopting nowt Malc as it was half past four in the morning and I was off me tits (it wouldn't be my choice for a press photograph mate but that's me in the real world), playing a form of independant Black Music that may take some of you a few years to get yer heads round (for that last statement read: 'admit that you like it'), no apologies made for that.

I am nowt but a Northern boy who is proud of me roots.

(If I'm honest, I went for a piss that night and some Cockney fella in a terrible work suit and a Gareth Gates haircut asked me 'What have you come as?' - so you fashionista's are not on you're not on yer own.)

One less Weetabix in the morning and some of you older (and maybe fatter) fella's could look as bad as I do in a Wrangler and a patch ay?

Could this last post of mine please be read in the manner that I posted it, that is - in a happy and jocular manner - and not the serious tone that it seems that some of you think that I adopt.

Malc - love you.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert