Guest Simon

Here's a starter for ten.

"Mini Nighter"

FFS its a Soul Night.

You're fooling nobody but yourself.

Please stop it.

Immediately.

:ohmy:

I take it this is aimed at me, the 100 Club used to be 6 & a half hours & was billed as an allnighter, mine is half an hour less, i think that makes it a mini-nighter!

Simon :thumbup:

Social source share

People who come on Soul Source saying what a fantastic time they've had somewhere when they sat in a corner scowling all night :ohmy:

Talc in excess - some people need to take a trip down to TA (talc anonymous) as they just don't know how to stop with the f'ing stuff. At Prestatyn some git squirted the stuff all over my new shoes and the stuff still hasn't come off :thumbup: No need!!

Social source share

Guest Roddy

nasty men giving old men strange sweeties and causing them lots of angst and paranoia and other nasty men laughing at the old twat

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

nasty men giving old men strange sweeties and causing them lots of angst and paranoia and other nasty men laughing at the old twat

:ohmy::lol:

You should never accept sweeties from strangers! :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Or dismounting settees..... :thumbup:

Or even "Designer setees"! (Sofa actually) Every bl**dy DFS, Sofa Factory, etc etc advert "Come and see our designer range" "Huge discount on designer sofa's" SOMEBODY had to have designed the thing! Of course its designer, everything is 'designer' even a blinking bog brush was designed by someone, else it couldn't be manufactured! Call something designer and somehow it makes it special, don't make me laugh! My chum even phoned me the other day 'cos he had seen a sign in a shop, 'designer toilet rolls!"

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

=============

he could be one of the nasty men, rather than one of the old ones? :lol:

:thumbup:

Actually this thread made me think-we should have a Who's the biggest Victor Meldrew on Soul Source poll :ohmy: I can think of a few, lol..

:lol: And me! :lol:

Social source share

Guest Trevski

people that have oscar wilde avatars

And why not, pray tell?

can i be victor please

I take it you don't mean Victor Mature then?

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest Trevski

because trevskime old chum when i am lyeing in the gutter i dont want to be looking at the stars !

As the man said "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” Just close your eyes! :thumbup:

Social source share

Rose tinted spectacles signing in. :lol:

Sat here with three other blokes in their mid 30's going on about Lowlands ( https://www.lowlands.nl/programme.php?type=1 ) some half arsed music festival in Holland this August. I could care not a fig for this and am minded of a soul pal's comments regarding their sort "Simsy they don't know do they"?

Yes the scence has some faults and yes threads like ' The Soul Scene ON ITS ARSE? / Pet Hates and Niggles of the Soul Scene' are understandable and justifiable.. But fook it, I'm going with the rose tinted thing. :lol: First Cleethorpes ever for me this time next week, can't remember being this excited about a soul event. I can't wait to play there, I can't wait to dance there and I can't wait to see all the cheery souls old and new there. :lol:

Give me the soul scene any old day of the week, choofin warts & all! :ohmy::thumbup:

Edited by Ian Sims
Social source share

Here's a starter for ten.

"Mini Nighter"

FFS its a Soul Night.

You're fooling nobody but yourself.

Please stop it.

Immediately.

The soul police. They turn up, stroke there chins, mutter in strange voices to each other. Then post on soul mucic forums about the venue not playing something that only the soul police and the chosen few know about. God forbid if that venue then plays oldies. the end of the known soul world is nigh. Get a fcuking life.

Steve

Social source share

The soul police. They turn up, stroke there chins, mutter in strange voices to each other. Then post on soul mucic forums about the venue not playing something that only the soul police and the chosen few know about. God forbid if that venue then plays oldies. the end of the known soul world is nigh. Get a fcuking life.

Steve

============

esperanto? :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

=========

5,601 sleeps to your fortieth Kylee :lol::lol:

I'll start the thread in events then...not much time! whistling.gif:lol:

I must say, i agree with Mr Sims. I love the scene warts n all but one of my pet hates is the time flying by far too quickly at nighters! :lol:

Social source share

Guest helsbob

I hate:

Moaning and quizing (I know I'm moaning! :lol: )

Such as:

"you take too much room on a dance floor"

"Do you really need talc"

"Do you know the record you're dancing to"

"How long have you been going to soul do's"

"Do you realise this record you're NOT dancing to costs £***** much"

Scowling

Judging

and not simply enjoying :lol:

Bla Bla Bloody Bla

But in general it's pretty good really wink.gif

Social source share

Guest Simon

Actually this thread made me think-we should have a Who's the biggest Victor Meldrew on Soul Source poll laugh.gif I can think of a few, lol..

Think i'd stand a good chance, my nicknamme on KTF was "Whinger"!

Simon :lol:

Social source share

Win,

Don't you mean places where you've been but the reviewer was obviously somewhere else - "packer" etc etc.

==============

I was thinking more along the lines of ........ an event appears in lookbacks, someone who hasn't been there goes on the thread criticises the playlists and the people who've been there, telling all and sundry there are much better events we should be going to. Basically they're plugging their mates venues, which is only one step behind asking for a spot :lol:laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Actually this thread made me think-we should have a Who's the biggest Victor Meldrew on Soul Source poll laugh.gif I can think of a few, lol..

You can start with me and take it from there, Reg.... :lol:

Social source share

Actually this thread made me think-we should have a Who's the biggest Victor Meldrew on Soul Source poll :lol: I can think of a few, lol..

You first !! huh.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert