• Replies 15
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

John

Here's a copy of a post on here from March 2005 regarding the different colour labels and Steve G's reply

See ya @ lunchtime :thumbup:

Pat

Were they fully Red, Steve?

Or Red / White like the other Day-Wood releases?

I remember the one I saw going for a huge sum, surely can't have been a hoax? :ohmy:

Cheers,

Jamie

post_snapback.gif

Yes red and white stripes....

Social source share

Until I see a red label copy of Jan Jones in the flesh I will always think of it as an urban soul legend.

I believe Dave Raistrick was the first scene dealer to handle this record and Arthur Fenn the first dj to play it (from a green and white label copy). Seeing as Dave is now on soul-source maybe he can shed some light on this.

Ian Clark, who found quantity of the title in Ohio in the early 80s had never heard of there being red label copies. There is at least one Day-Wood record on the red and white logo (The 7 Nombres) so maybe this is where the confusion arises. The 7 Nombres record is around ten years older than the Jan Jones 45.

Doesn't really have anything musically in common with Do You Think I'm Sexy.

Social source share

Appologies for raising the red/green issue monster from the dead sad.gif .

The article in Voices states what the B-side is. If someone doesn't put one here before me I'll note it when I get home. Its in edition with Curtis Mayfiels on the cover and is in the Lou ragland interview (I think).

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

Don't think so this is a good record Jan Jones is PANTS old stinky tramp pants as well.

One man's meat is another man's poison as they say!

I love Jan Jones yet think Cheryl Berdell is lightweight dross.

I too fail to see the similarity between JJ and Rod Stewart's magnum opus.

Social source share

One man's meat is another man's poison as they say!

I love Jan Jones yet think Cheryl Berdell is lightweight dross.

I too fail to see the similarity between JJ and Rod Stewart's magnum opus.

What dose she say what dose she say

Do you wanna love me, me do you wanna hold me tight - tonight, hypo.gif

What dose he say what dose he say

Do you think I am sexy blah blah blah yuck! hypo.gif

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

This always sounds like a they used Rod Stewart's Do You Think I Am Sexy as the backing track for this song IMO.

Well didn't Rod lift this from Bobby Womacks If You Want My Love, Put Something Down On It, which was out three years earlier than Rods track! So pretty good pedigree to lift from!

Rob

Social source share

Guest mel brat

This always sounds like a they used Rod Stewart's Do You Think I Am Sexy as the backing track for this song IMO.

Yeah, serves him right for ripping off the riff from Bobby Womack in the first place ! :)

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

...and let us not forget the SUPERB chunk of cross-overness from the Imperial Wonders!

Dare I suggest that this is the strongest release out of the x3?

:)

has anyone ever seen the 2nd imperial wonders 45 on day-wood "That's alright"? My friend asked al boyd about it and he remembered the song and seemed to think it exists. I would love to get a recording.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert