Ns History

Do you think that being the lucky born individual you are (a Soulie with a history that is), gives you a headstart?

Given also, that you (as an owd c*nt) have made all your mistakes in the 60's/70's/80's (and fair do's, we've all been there), they are times gone now after all.

After all, your earlier lowly standing in the NS hierachy at the time has all but been forgotten (You're the most old-looking at venues these days after all, and you know a lot about venues and tracks that 20/30 odd year old people involved recently don't, so what does it matter?).

True?

The only truthful answer to the above question, as regards what I read on here anyhow, is "Yes, of course it does."

I, you, and every one else are guilty of it - it's a natural thing after all, you can't reminisce without falling foul of bigging yourself up in some small way - no real problem if that is all it is, simply reminiscing.

But at what point do ''owd c*nts' stop responding to relevant questions, posted by interested others, and start responding with slightly askew answers that generally tend to twist away from the initial question, that then seem to dissolve into weird personal views/record loves/history moments etc.

If you have a history, start a thread - tell us about it, about you, don't just dump your random memories into threads that may have had half a chance of solving something, you corrupt those same threads.

I've re read this this and it isn't meant to be a negative post, although it could be misconstrued as such, it's just that I see so many random posts popped willy-nilly into cracking conversations, threads that would possibly have made interesting reading if people would have kept their eye on the ball.

I think I may have wandered off a bit there, I'll make no apologies for it, as I'm sure the more the more intelligent amongst you will see both of the points that I am trying to make here, points that I can't be arsed deliniating between right now (It's been a long night and it's late).

Love you all btw.

Please discuss.

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest mel brat

Yes, I well remember being asked a very similar question back in 1973. It was 3.25 on a drizzly Wednesday afternoon in April as I recall and...

:thumbup:

Social source share

Do you think that being the lucky born individual you are (a Soulie with a history that is), gives you a headstart?

Given also, that you (as an owd c*nt) have made all your mistakes in the 60's/70's/80's (and fair do's, we've all been there), they are times gone now after all.

After all, your earlier lowly standing in the NS hierachy at the time has all but been forgotten (You're the most old-looking at venues these days after all, and you know a lot about venues and tracks that 20/30 odd year old people involved recently don't, so what does it matter?).

True?

The only truthful answer to the above question, as regards what I read on here anyhow, is "Yes, of course it does."

I, you, and every one else are guilty of it - it's a natural thing after all, you can't reminisce without falling foul of bigging yourself up in some small way - no real problem if that is all it is, simply reminiscing.

But at what point do ''owd c*nts' stop responding to relevant questions, posted by interested others, and start responding with slightly askew answers that generally tend to twist away from the initial question, that then seem to dissolve into weird personal views/record loves/history moments etc.

If you have a history, start a thread - tell us about it, about you, don't just dump your random memories into threads that may have had half a chance of solving something, you corrupt those same threads.

I've re read this this and it isn't meant to be a negative post, although it could be misconstrued as such, it's just that I see so many random posts popped willy-nilly into cracking conversations, threads that would possibly have made interesting reading if people would have kept their eye on the ball.

I think I may have wandered off a bit there, I'll make no apologies for it, as I'm sure the more the more intelligent amongst you will see both of the points that I am trying to make here, points that I can't be arsed deliniating between right now (It's been a long night and it's late).

Love you all btw.

Please discuss.

Hey Man.....stop smoking that stuff Baby!.....it ain't doin' yer any good. :thumbup:

Social source share

True?

Love you all btw.

Please discuss.

================

People in any walk of life tend to steer conversations toward subject matter they're comfortable with, hence the diversity within threads. It's just a fact of life.

Winnie :-)

Social source share

Yep, could you explain that again in idiot-proof bullet points please Barry? g.gif

I'm very concious that I may go off-thread if I'm not careful!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Stop playing the game Ian, and answer the question son.

The very fact that I have spent a few moments putting together a relevant question, which has seen some really poor responses, proves a great deal to me.

If you wish to prove your worth to other members by adopting a school-ground attitude, fair do's.

I see it and I'm sure others do.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert