70"s Boots

Having collected my records in the Mid 70"s mainly from a little shop in Conanby near conisborough was just wonderin any of the old boots sort after like Before 2001 Rufus Wood, Little Joe Roman When You"re lonesome etc & Chubby checker on a plain white North Label, got the usual boots Mel Britt etc.

Cheers.

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Having collected my records in the Mid 70"s mainly from a little shop in Conanby near conisborough was just wonderin any of the old boots sort after like Before 2001 Rufus Wood, Little Joe Roman When You"re lonesome etc & Chubby checker on a plain white North Label, got the usual boots Mel Britt etc.

Cheers.

I bought my some of my records from a shop in Conisborough in the 70's, many were Boots,

However quite a few RARE Items also passed through that shop.

It could be worth checking. Just in case. :yes:

Unless you are 100% certain that they are BOOTS.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Cheers.

Mary Boylan's ? Had some great records out of there especially when they were selling up.

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Yes, that's the shop.

Boylans.jpg

They did have some RARE stuff there from time to time.

Pay's to check them.

I remember getting a real Mickie Champion from there just before they closed, was only a few quid...

Social source share

I remember getting a real Mickie Champion from there just before they closed, was only a few quid...

Yes Mate, they had records via Bradford Market etc.

Plus,

I bought a lot of Rare British stuff from there in the early 70's.

(Someones collection sold via the shop)

Social source share

Cheers.

Been selling alot of my old ones recently, the only ones that have fetched £20+ are Detroit Soul, Salvadors and Dana Valery. The rest ( such as Little Joe Roman, Eddie Parker, Malibus, Steve Karmen etc etc ) just go for around £5 if they sell at all. Had loads not sell

Social source share

Been selling alot of my old ones recently, the only ones that have fetched £20+ are Detroit Soul, Salvadors and Dana Valery. The rest ( such as Little Joe Roman, Eddie Parker, Malibus, Steve Karmen etc etc ) just go for around £5 if they sell at all. Had loads not sell

Presume you mean the Ashford one, not the boot on Awake!??? What would that go for on the bay? :lol:

There are definitely some real collectors bootlegs wants and fairly hard to get (like the Eddie parker): Lenny Curtis (very good quality black/white End styrene press), Magicians on Chartmaker (Servicemen), John & Wierdest (gets a few people fooled, but will still go for good money even if they know it's not kosher).

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

Presume you mean the Ashford one, not the boot on Awake!??? What would that go for on the bay? :lol:

There are definitely some real collectors bootlegs wants and fairly hard to get (like the Eddie parker): Lenny Curtis (very good quality black/white End styrene press), Magicians on Chartmaker (Servicemen), John & Wierdest (gets a few people fooled, but will still go for good money even if they know it's not kosher).

Got £25 for my Eddie Parker on Awake on e- bay recently .Cheers ,Eddie

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert