Stairways/star Blazers & Wilmington, De Usa '60s Band Scene

My Northern British soul-istas:

Here's link you may want to read and listen to:

y

It's the saga of a young teen from Wilmington, DE USA, this is pre-Beatles, who sang "Chains" by the Cookies about the same time as the Fabs, and nicked Chuck Berry licks on "Roll Over Beethoven" about the same time George H. was picking through the Berry songbook.

Well, the stories hardly turned out the same, but in a "parallel universe" sort of way, they started out very similar (in the same the way a human embryo looks much like mouse's).

What the web 'zine doesn't mention is that tunes from both of my bands have been bootlegged, by Brits and Gerrys, but hey I don't mind, it's the most fame I've been part of and at this stage of life, that I'll probably ever get.

-- "Garman"

("Gar" was our affectionate foreshortened version of "guitar", in case you needed to be told... )

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Let's try that link out again:

https://garagehangover.com/?q=taxonomy/term/324/9

My Northern British soul-istas:

Here's link you may want to read and listen to:

y

It's the saga of a young teen from Wilmington, DE USA, this is pre-Beatles, who sang "Chains" by the Cookies about the same time as the Fabs, and nicked Chuck Berry licks on "Roll Over Beethoven" about the same time George H. was picking through the Berry songbook.

Well, the stories hardly turned out the same, but in a "parallel universe" sort of way, they started out very similar (in the same the way a human embryo looks much like mouse's).

What the web 'zine doesn't mention is that tunes from both of my bands have been bootlegged, by Brits and Gerrys, but hey I don't mind, it's the most fame I've been part of and at this stage of life, that I'll probably ever get.

-- "Garman"

("Gar" was our affectionate foreshortened version of "guitar", in case you needed to be told... )

Social source share

Interesting to note the instrumental flip is being played on the Northern Soul scene. What's the Instrumental flip called? Can you put an mp3 of it up? Be nice to hear it.

Great site by the way, some groups that definitely crossed over to the Soul sound.

John

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert