Gloria Scott

wallie

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Album only I think, unless you are lucky enough to find an Australian single. Pretty hard to find, last one went for over £500.

https://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4740282313

Hi Trevski and Pikeys dog

Thanks for the info still looking tho you never no someone may have a copy on here ! with any luck a bit cheaper !

Hi Helen yea a great tune now i no why a dj that i no plays a carving of it.

its not listed in Manships so wont sure on the price of it !!

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

Looking for a nice copy if anyone can help !!

Pm please

Regards Gary

Got the sampler LP for £100.00 if you want it(Or anyone else for that matter) its in a shade off mint condition.

Other wise the only other way to purchase is for mega money on the Aussie issue or the white label thingy for about 3/6p

Social source share

depends if you only want a 45, but there's the original Gloria Scott lp on ebay now, plus plenty of reissues of it, and it's a classic soul lp which is why it's always so in demand. The track's also been on cd comps, so if you desperately only want that track on a 45, buy the cd and get a carver done.

if you haven't heard the lp, check it out.

cheers Sutty

Social source share

Looking for a nice copy if anyone can help !!

Pm please

Regards Gary

Save your money and buy the 12" version by PAPRIKA

Prob get one here:-

https://www.musicstack.com/listings.cgi?fin...s&media=All

Trust me its a GRRReeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaat version!

incidently for those who know this version ,who is the singer please?

Nev :lol:

Edited by NORTHERN NEV
Social source share

From their website Kev - Have to agree it is a very very version.

'Too Much Love Makin' is featuring the singer Jacki Hicks. Jacki worked closely with the band Matt Bianco, touring Japan, Indonesia and Europe with them and appearing on their albums "Gran Via", "Another Time : Another Place" and a re-recording of their greatest hits called "A Collection". She can also be heard on albums of Shakatak ("Under Your Spell") as backing singer and saxophonist or Beatifik ("The Blue Window"). Recently she published the solo-project "Spellbound". The song was originally recorded by Gloria Scott in 1974 produced by Barry White. In Germany we call such a tune an "Ohrwurm" that means a hooking dance floor-hit.

Rich

Social source share

Got the sampler LP for £100.00 if you want it(Or anyone else for that matter) its in a shade off mint condition.

Other wise the only other way to purchase is for mega money on the Aussie issue or the white label thingy for about 3/6p

45 went for £265 late last year on evil bay. opening bid got it. I was gutted was watching it and was gonna bid when i got in from work only got the end time mixed up. At the time i had a spare £700 to play with which i knew would have been well enough to win it. Still gutted.

Steve

Social source share

Used to see the Australian pressed LP around a bit in the late 90's...Must have been pressed in decent numbers over here. Nice to see a 45 exists. I'm sure your time will come Steve! There's always those damned little ones that get away.

Social source share

Source Advert