Oliver Norman

• Replies 13
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Matt Male

Just recieved a nice shiney black issue of this on reading the credits it says recorded in ENGLAND was there a BRITISH RELEASE of this thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Wasn't it Polydor?

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Don`t know matt, just wondered as i`m not up on british stuff :thumbsup:

Sorry. I've definately seen it for sale on Polydor and i think i've seen the label. Pretty sure that was the British issue.

Oops someone beat me to it...

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

mines a US demo and also has a date stamped on it October 16 1967.

Maybe Oliver Norman (or is it Norman Oliver as the credits state) was a british singer with a US release? Anyone know owt about him?

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Just recieved a nice shiney black issue of this on reading the credits it says recorded in ENGLAND was there a BRITISH RELEASE of this thanks in advance :D

Hope this helps,great record,played it at Middleton. Very rare on Polydor.

post-4019-1211489691_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Hope this helps,great record,played it at Middleton. Very rare on Polydor.

It's about £50 mint on Polydor. I don't call that rare. Pink Decca is probably around £30.

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

It's about £50 mint on Polydor. I don't call that rare. Pink Decca is probably around £30.

Decca has risen in price, probably doubled in price since I first started playing it. last one I saw on e-bay was I think over $120. Seems to be plenty of demand for this now and for what is considered a £30 it's not that easy as some other £30 records to come across. See his other on Decca far more often.

Edited by chalky
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Decca has risen in price, probably doubled in price since I first started playing it. last one I saw on e-bay was I think over $120. Seems to be plenty of demand for this now and for what is considered a £30 it's not that easy as some other £30 records to come across. See his other on Decca far more often.

Love the record chalky, thaks for the tip. has a certain sound of the four tops about it imo, good flip as well :sweatingbullets:

Social source share

Maybe Oliver Norman (or is it Norman Oliver as the credits state) was a british singer with a US release? Anyone know owt about him?

my polydor copy has 7/7/67 written on it.

Social source share

• 11 years later...
On 22/05/2008 at 21:17, Chalky said:

Karl, I may have missed you finding out but he was deffo UK as teamed up with Tony Wilson (Originally from Trinidad) (Hot Chocolate) as The Soul Brothers and The Corduroys

"This was the duo of Tony Wilson and Norman Oliver. It looks like Shel Talmy had signed them in the hopes that they would develop into "house songwriters" for his Planet label. They placed a few songs before launching separate solo careers (with Oliver changing his name to Oliver Norman). Wilson later founded Hot Chocolate and is probably best known today for co-writing "You Sexy Thing"."

Tony mentions on his facebook face that Oliver Norman AKA Norman Oliver has passed away

You may wish to contact him as I don't "do" facebook as you know

https://www.facebook.com/TONY-Wilson-Musician-151153235046218/

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert