Credit Crunch

Anyone get a gage of what was for sale at Cleethorpes? Were there any 'holy grails' on offer there?

Bit of a skewed market, big weekenders - people are more likely to chance their arm at selling big figure rarities there - whereas the rest of the year they wouldn't even bother.

Now if someone turns up with a box of Shrine singles at your local oldies do - then it's time to start wondering...

Social source share

• Replies 51
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It might be my imagination, but there seems to be an upsurge in the volume of records up for sale in the last 3 month. Plus a couple of heavy weight collectors starting to sell some of their stuff off. Anyone get a gage of what was for sale at Cleethorpes? Were there any 'holy grails' on offer there?

Definetely true Simon. Yarmouth this year had a mass of heavyweight items, and dealers in attendance.

IMVHO I think the only collectors/ sellers losing out big style are the ' cheque book charlies' who scurry round to purchase the must have 45s. They are over inflated in price and people in the know can smugly say ' Oh I bought that new in 197? whatever.

Not sure we are sitting a pot of gold though . If new followers arent attracted eventually the credit crunch will cause a drying up of buyers on the Scene dont you agree?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert