Epitome Of Sound

Following on from the thread in sales;-

Are we definetly saying that this was booted in the issue form?

I have creamy colour (flesh) label with red lettering - the deawax on the Where were you side has MS 3051 and a RP linked together with the other side MS3052 (but much smaller lettering than the other deadwax) and the RP (again much smaller than t'other side.

Can't feel owt under the label.

Boot or not?

Thanks

Julian

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have creamy colour (flesh) label with red lettering - the deawax on the Where were you side has MS 3051 and a RP linked together with the other side MS3052 (but much smaller lettering than the other deadwax) and the RP (again much smaller than t'other side.

Boot or not?

Thanks

Julian

cream with red writing is a propper one....

Social source share

Boot or not?

Thanks

Julian

you don't even have to feel it Julian - you can see the stamp under the label. same as on Pat and the Blenders

Social source share

I have added this to "The Sharp End of Vinyl" Archive

Sandbag_S-101b_DJ.gif

Sandbag_S-101b.gif

The raised numbers, can be difficult to find,

should be on both sides, so look under either label.

I will attempt a scan of the Deadwax later.

Hi Roger, great scans there. I asked on the other Epitome thread what the raised numbers or letters actually were? I have an issue and it's hard to see but looks something like "RIC" something, or is it "216" something?? have the same mark on Gail Anderson on "Be Proud" on Salvador! see someone mention Pat & Blenders... must dig that out an see what that's like

steve

Social source share

Hi Roger, great scans there. I asked on the other Epitome thread what the raised numbers or letters actually were? I have an issue and it's hard to see but looks something like "RIC" something, or is it "216" something?? have the same mark on Gail Anderson on "Be Proud" on Salvador! see someone mention Pat & Blenders... must dig that out an see what that's like

steve

Thanks Steve

I managed the Image first time with the DEMO, numerous attempts with the Stock Copy and It's still difficult to see.

I think that it may be down to the paper used. You're right it is like "216" or something similar.

I have other records with this raised mark, I will have to search them out and have a look.

Social source share

Thanks Steve

I managed the Image first time with the DEMO, numerous attempts with the Stock Copy and It's still difficult to see.

I think that it may be down to the paper used. You're right it is like "216" or something similar.

I have other records with this raised mark, I will have to search them out and have a look.

Roger..just dug out Pat & Blenders... on that disc the mark is quite clear and seem to be "1'2'1'CO"

steve

Social source share

Sam Moltrie "i'll allways love you" as stamp under the label.

theres loads of them ken, royal 5, empires, gene woodbury, frank beverley (gamble), spoke to john manship about these about a year ago & he said he'd been trying to find out where they were pressed, but he'd had no joy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert