Klicky Robinson - When I Wanna See You / You're Hurting The One Who Loves You - Mode 506

Pete S

Klicky Robinson - When I wanna see you / You're hurting the one who loves you - Mode 506

Visual Graded - Mint minus

Play Graded - EX

Written by J.Broussard / S.August

Pub by Edom-Upmost

Arranged by D.C.Wardell

Matrix 133-2668

Deadwax stamped 133-2668 355 -L-

One of only a handful (if that) to have turned up in 20 years and imposable to find. Tim Brown was quoted (by the seller at the time of buying this 45) as saying he hasn't seen one for more than 10 years. Current big play for New York collector/DJ's Micheal Robinson and Matt "Mr Fine Wine", this copy is undoubtedly the best condition of the lot as they seem to have all been through the wars. It's not perfect as the vinyl has some imperfections (fortunately on the deep soul flipside) and one small "pop" on the play side. (it looks like something was in the vinyl when it was pressed). It has a small amount of hiss in the first 5 seconds, which is soon replaced by the thumping bass-line - but now I'm getting picky.

The track was compiled a few years ago on a CD collection of Louisiana producer DC Wardells work, but the 45 never shows up. It has fantastic gloss both sides, and it was bought as a Mint minus, but to be conservative it should be graded as EX. The flipside label has some "peeling ink" - scan to follow, but it seems all the known copy's have this fault.

This is just waiting for the right DJ in the UK to pick up on it and give it the plays it deserves.

Offers over £400

(sound sample when I get back from walking the dog)

Social source share

• Replies 25
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well seeing as she shares my surname I had to have one!! I know of 3 copies Pete, as you mention I had 2, traded one to Matt Finewine for a one-off, a very good friend in Spain has another, maybe it's his you're selling otherwise that's 4, plus whatever # are in the UK - you'd know better than me on that score obviously. It's comped on one of those N'Awlins cd's so someone either has another copy or the master. Do you know the Fabulettes on the same label, she's definitely part of the group, kind of like the Brand New Faces in that it's 3 girls each taking their turn to step up and destroy the mic, that's a monster 45 waiting to be picked up on, then the Jades with Lucky Fellow obviously and from memory one more on label. Good luck selling, super record, regards from NY, Michael

Social source share

Well seeing as she shares my surname I had to have one!! I know of 3 copies Pete, as you mention I had 2, traded one to Matt Finewine for a one-off, a very good friend in Spain has another, maybe it's his you're selling otherwise that's 4, plus whatever # are in the UK - you'd know better than me on that score obviously. It's comped on one of those N'Awlins cd's so someone either has another copy or the master. Do you know the Fabulettes on the same label, she's definitely part of the group, kind of like the Brand New Faces in that it's 3 girls each taking their turn to step up and destroy the mic, that's a monster 45 waiting to be picked up on, then the Jades with Lucky Fellow obviously and from memory one more on label. Good luck selling, super record, regards from NY, Michael

Are you saying that there's a fabulettes on mode? It must be the same group as on Warren. Do you have an audio clip of the fabulettes on mode? Thanks.

Social source share

Don't think it's the same group fella, yes it's Mode 504, picked it up together with my 2nd Klicky last year, I can't do soundclips but wing me your # and will give a bell over the weekend if you wanna hear it.......

fabulettes on warren is new orleans (NOT the florida group). Mode is new orleans. YOu don't thunk it's connected?

Social source share

Not for sure needless to say but group name is spelled differently (there's no "e" after the 2 t's) and voices sound different, someone here will surely know!!? Who else has a copy of the Mode one, can't recall seeing one on any playlists / sales lists.

I'm an idiot, it's the fashionettes on warren, not fabulettes. It's new orleans, though. Sorry for the confusion. At least pete got bumped. Thanks.

Social source share

Klicky Robinson - When I wanna see you / You're hurting the one who loves you - Mode 506

Visual Graded - Mint minus

Play Graded - EX

Written by J.Broussard / S.August

Pub by Edom-Upmost

Arranged by D.C.Wardell

Matrix 133-2668

Deadwax stamped 133-2668 355 -L-

One of only a handful (if that) to have turned up in 20 years and imposable to find. Tim Brown was quoted (by the seller at the time of buying this 45) as saying he hasn't seen one for more than 10 years. Current big play for New York collector/DJ's Micheal Robinson and Matt "Mr Fine Wine", this copy is undoubtedly the best condition of the lot as they seem to have all been through the wars. It's not perfect as the vinyl has some imperfections (fortunately on the deep soul flipside) and one small "pop" on the play side. (it looks like something was in the vinyl when it was pressed). It has a small amount of hiss in the first 5 seconds, which is soon replaced by the thumping bass-line - but now I'm getting picky.

The track was compiled a few years ago on a CD collection of Louisiana producer DC Wardells work, but the 45 never shows up. It has fantastic gloss both sides, and it was bought as a Mint minus, but to be conservative it should be graded as EX. The flipside label has some "peeling ink" - scan to follow, but it seems all the known copy's have this fault.

This is just waiting for the right DJ in the UK to pick up on it and give it the plays it deserves.

Offers over £400

(sound sample when I get back from walking the dog)

now thats a pretty awesome tune!

Social source share

It is who's you think it is Michael. And by the way, I haven't heard from you since just before 9/11 so I'm glad to know you are ok!!!

Social source share

Yes Pete it's me, tx for the kind words, hi Dazz too!!!

No one seems to have answered re the Fabuletts, Flynny have you ever had this one? Will be looking out for the one you mentioned, new to me.

Hi Mike,

Nowp, not had the Fabuletts and only come across one Barons disc on Mode (have you got them both, Dazz?), which wasn't Northern either side (can't recall title, but it was on dark blue/green Mode).

The Ronnie Taplet is recommended...kinda reminds me of Leah Dawson's, 'You better change your evil ways', with plenty of tambourines and the occasional furp from a sax...not 'obvious New Orleans' in sound, but a nive grinder! of a tune!

Would like a clean Jades if anyone has one?

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Hi Mike,

Nowp, not had the Fabuletts and only come across one Barons disc on Mode (have you got them both, Dazz?), which wasn't Northern either side (can't recall title, but it was on dark blue/green Mode).

The Ronnie Taplet is recommended...kinda reminds me of Leah Dawson's, 'You better change your evil ways', with plenty of tambourines and the occasional furp from a sax...not 'obvious New Orleans' in sound, but a nive grinder! of a tune!

Would like a clean Jades if anyone has one?

:wub:

Haim Koenig had the harder Barons on his list recently but I wasn't fast enough to get it. The one you've had was probably "no more baby love" which also came out on shout.

My friend sold the Jades on Mode on ebay recently for like $1200 and he said he dropped it right before shipping it and one side cracked all the way through. He said he refunded his money and shipped it anyways...

Social source share

THANKS FOR THAT PETE BEST THING FOR A WHILE IVE HEARD THINK BARNSLEY STORMIN SOUL IS GONNA BE KLICKY THIS FRIDAY laugh.gif

did he buy this on e bay recently bri ? thought i saw it ? in betweens ok....or have u sold it already smile.gif ..in space on sat :thumbsup: ehought about barnsley but all my southern softie mates goin powestation so im gonna try an isotope or 2 down there!!!!!!!!! ez

Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert