Please Help Me With This Song....last Resort

hello guys....this is my first post so be gentle with me.i am pretty new to the northern soul scene.downloaded this is northern soul volumes 1 and 2 the other week and were really great.

any way, the question i really want to post is a query to a song i heard the other day.it was on the closing credits to the fa cup final on sky last saturday in the uk.the song sounded northern soul or motown (being new to the scene i don't exactly know what the difference of the two types of music are as they sound very similar.....forgive my ignorance).

the song was sung by a woman and was pretty up tempo.she had a sound of gladys knight but i'm sure it wasn't her.some of the lyrics are as follows.

"it took a whole lot of doing but we did it.yes we did boy."

"we made mistakes but we had what it takes to get over"

"it took a whole lot of making but we made it"

"take the bitter with the sweet"

i have searched the net for lyrics but with no joy and i have this posted on about 5 forums and have emailed sky but they have not replied yet. .....you's guys are my last hope smile.gif ............thanks for any replies.

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hello guys....this is my first post so be gentle with me.i am pretty new to the northern soul scene.downloaded this is northern soul volumes 1 and 2 the other week and were really great.

any way, the question i really want to post is a query to a song i heard the other day.it was on the closing credits to the fa cup final on sky last saturday in the uk.the song sounded northern soul or motown (being new to the scene i don't exactly know what the difference of the two types of music are as they sound very similar.....forgive my ignorance).

the song was sung by a woman and was pretty up tempo.she had a sound of gladys knight but i'm sure it wasn't her.some of the lyrics are as follows.

"it took a whole lot of doing but we did it.yes we did boy."

"we made mistakes but we had what it takes to get over"

"it took a whole lot of making but we made it"

"take the bitter with the sweet"

i have searched the net for lyrics but with no joy and i have this posted on about 5 forums and have emailed sky but they have not replied yet. .....you's guys are my last hope smile.gif ............thanks for any replies.

No it ,cant thnk of it :D ,everybody knows this....but what is it :D

Bazza

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

No it ,cant thnk of it :D ,everybody knows this....but what is it :D

Bazza

:D

I was about to say the same thing! I recognise the lyrics but can't place them! :D

Social source share

thanks guys for all your replies in such a quick time (this has been doing my head in for 5 days now).........eternally grateful rte-emoticon.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert