Pictures Of Nottingham Palais All Dayer

Guest frogcom

Guest frogcom

hi just wondering if anyone had any pictures of the nottingham palais alldayer as im trying to make up a collection for the west mids soul club and could do with some help from some soul brothers and sisters out there back when the west mids soul club had it as good as the big W days any info or picures would be a great help cheers jeff and keep the faith :D:D:D:D:D

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 10
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

is this what you're looking for?

Mand

oh bum it wont let me upload em

pm me you email addy I will post em direct

Cheers Mand

Sorry Frog I cant find the old one but it has been posted up previously

It finally let me upload the new 2008 pic tho ( the one above)

They also have a website for Oceana and Ive posted the interior pics up on the forum too

it has saturday night fever dancefloor where bali hai was

Still a great club

Mand :(

look for the post about "for all the notts soulies"

unfotunately none taken of us dancing the days/nights away have come to light yet

Edited by Madmandy
Social source share

hi just wondering if anyone had any pictures of the nottingham palais alldayer as im trying to make up a collection for the west mids soul club and could do with some help from some soul brothers and sisters out there back when the west mids soul club had it as good as the big W days any info or picures would be a great help cheers jeff and keep the faith biggrin.gif:lol::):D:D

Oh wow.... didnt see this before i replies on other thread..... remember queueing right round the back of the building almost to the door again sometimes... oh those happy memories.

Debs x

Social source share

Hey Mand

Any news yet on a possible future/reunion nite at one of my all time fav venues?

No mate we need some kind/rich/local/promoter type person to think of it then put it as their idea first :D

Seriously though if anyone is interested it can be booked privately ( the ballroom)

Im pretty sure when I visited and took the tour and browsed the website for oceana that I read it somewhere

I could enquire as to how much a private ticket only do would cost then put feelers out as to how much interest it would attract

Mand thumbup.gif

Social source share

Oh wow.... didnt see this before i replies on other thread..... remember queueing right round the back of the building almost to the door again sometimes... oh those happy memories.

Debs x

no matter which thread you post on debs if it has the words notts and palais you can find me and sister dawn in there somewhere!!

BTW Debs up for a reunion? and have you got any pics of the alldayers/nighters queuing round the block??...Ah I remember that red brick wall! :D

And Dawn hows about a DJ spot for you????

Mand xx thumbup.gif

Social source share

no matter which thread you post on debs if it has the words notts and palais you can find me and sister dawn in there somewhere!!

BTW Debs up for a reunion? and have you got any pics of the alldayers/nighters queuing round the block??...Ah I remember that red brick wall! :shades:

Mand xx :wicked:

Mand I'd give my right arm for a reunion at the palais, but I fear it would sadden us more to visit it now in its new guise than to leave it to our memories. I did the same thing a few years ago when i went back to the Locarno (now zanzibars). broke my heart to see that the once huge dance floor now had the biggest bloody bar stuck right in the middle of it with a sodding train running round it. Just wasnt the same. Havent got any pics from the palais I'm afraid, I did have some of me in the dance comp about 1980 ish but they got lost when i moved down to somerset. we just didnt seem to take pictures in those days like we do now - too busy dancing lol - well some things never change - Have you thought about asking John Poole about a reunion, hes one of the originals, and lovely and kind and rich??? just in case hes watching lol. I could do you a banging oldies set if you want lol

Debs x

Social source share

Mand I'd give my right arm for a reunion at the palais, but I fear it would sadden us more to visit it now in its new guise than to leave it to our memories. I did the same thing a few years ago when i went back to the Locarno (now zanzibars). broke my heart to see that the once huge dance floor now had the biggest bloody bar stuck right in the middle of it with a sodding train running round it. Just wasnt the same. Havent got any pics from the palais I'm afraid, I did have some of me in the dance comp about 1980 ish but they got lost when i moved down to somerset. we just didnt seem to take pictures in those days like we do now - too busy dancing lol - well some things never change - Have you thought about asking John Poole about a reunion, hes one of the originals, and lovely and kind and rich??? just in case hes watching lol. I could do you a banging oldies set if you want lol

Debs x

A banging oldies set????

You'll do for me Debs :D

As For Mr Poole I think we would have to ask him kindly (pretty pretty please) :shades:

Btw the dancefloor is still dancable in the ballroom

Did you see the other thread about my recent visit?

I rung the bell and the gave me a tour in the daytime when it was closed

Debs you'd have been dancing on that floor the same years as me how wierd is that!

probably bumped into each other on it too! LOL

And if it did come off I want ticket no 1

Mand :thumbup:

Social source share

BTW Debs up for a reunion? and have you got any pics of the alldayers/nighters queuing round the block??...Ah I remember that red brick wall! yes.gif

Mand xx thumbup.gif

Hey Mand

Im yer girl as well, banging oldies in respect if its the palais..... so we need someone with a huge wallet then???? Been listening to simons soundfiles... ah it takes ya back ..... so someone nice and rich please hire the palais for us..... :g:

Social source share

Hey Mand

Im yer girl as well, banging oldies in respect if its the palais..... so we need someone with a huge wallet then???? Been listening to simons soundfiles... ah it takes ya back ..... so someone nice and rich please hire the palais for us..... :thumbup:

Notice how our thread is missing rich promoter types??? LOL :thumbsup:

Im gonna listen to the other sound files when I get chance the first one had the hairs on the back of my neck standing up!

Mand :unsure:

Social source share

Source Advert