Tempos - I'll Be So Happy (?)

Dean

Decades ago I purchased what we referred to as an EMI disc from a local dj, Eric Hetherington, used to DJ at Dukeries Soul Club, was a mate of Phil Kingswood I think.

One side of this EMI is a track by The Tempos, I'll Be So Happy. 35 years later I've still never heard or seen one, of course it could be a cover but I don't think it is. Sound quality is dreadful (as you'd expect) but it's a thumpin' oldie track. Sorry can't post a sound clip.

Anyone shed any light?

Just for interest the other side of the EMI is Lesley Gore - Just Can't Get Enough of You, just to give you a flavour of the time.

Thanks, Dean.

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It's not a cover up for the Fabulous Jades is it?

Same song but tone and tempo (no pun intended) different. However, possible it could be such a poor reproduction (or purposely so?) making it sound so different. Not much information forthcoming so I am presuming it isn't genuinely The Tempos - making the possibility of a poor quality cover more of a possibility. Thanks for response.

Anybody know if The Fabulous Jades was ever covered as Tempos well back in someone elses day?

Dean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert