Paulmc

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Very nice on a demo, and a very nice price too if I may say!... least on a demo it'll stop people feeling the label looking for bumps underneath to see if it right or not! :huh:

steve

as far as i am aware it was booted on demo and issue lookalikes and still should have the raised dots under the label to differentiate between the originals and the bootlegs ????????????

Social source share

as far as i am aware it was booted on demo and issue lookalikes and still should have the raised dots under the label to differentiate between the originals and the bootlegs ????????????

You're right the, the demo bootleg is practically spot on but I think it has a dramatic dip towards the centre rather than a steady one. I had one a couple of years back and nobody could tell me if it was real or not. A very rare boot though.

Social source share

I sold a dmeo for £250 recently, just don't like the record !!

Ian you are the first person I have come across in all my years on the scene that doesn't like this record. Makes no difference to me, just saying, everyone seems to like it. (I'd give it 10 out of 10 myself, and the other side isn't far off).

Social source share

Ian you are the first person I have come across in all my years on the scene that doesn't like this record. Makes no difference to me, just saying, everyone seems to like it. (I'd give it 10 out of 10 myself, and the other side isn't far off).

agree there pete, it's been a floorfiller for 36 yrs! so stood the test of time, also the bonus of a quality flip side!

max..

Social source share

No I don't think it does, which makes me think, I don't think I've ever had an original demo at all

most demo's i have had or seen have all had a dirty mark where people rub the matrix to check it with sweaty hands :g:

always thought the boot had slightly different label writing, ie a bit thicker then original & that big drop into the centre :huh:

Ian.

Social source share

Don't know if it will show up on this photo, but the raised letters/numbers are half way between the letter G on sandbag & the MS 3052 on this copy. Perhaps if someone has the boot they could post up a picture to show the difference in the drop towards the centre hole that Pete mentions.

And if you're looking Rich Broughton it has your name, address & date - 29.2.76 in the deadwax on the flip, urgh ! You just had to do it, didn't you ! :huh::g:

Hope this helps.

pottsy

post-2021-1211286035_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Is this like the Virtue records that have a mark under the label.

Yeah think it is, Gail Anderson has the same sort of mark under the label, I cant tell what it is tho! it looks like "RIC" something on me Sandbag copy ??? and "W2IC" on the Salvador one???

Anyone know what the Mark actually says?

steve

Social source share

And if you're looking Rich Broughton it has your name, address & date - 29.2.76 in the deadwax on the flip, urgh ! You just had to do it, didn't you ! :ohmy::ohmy:

Hope this helps.

pottsy

:wave:

Richard Broughton - certainly had some records that lad!

BIG collector from Nottingham back in the day.

Not seen him for a few years but always a pleasure when I do.

Top guy, despite his etching habit - (didn't we all used to do it).

:shades:

Sean

Social source share

Guest biggray1

:wub:

Richard Broughton - certainly had some records that lad!

BIG collector from Nottingham back in the day.

Not seen him for a few years but always a pleasure when I do.

Top guy, despite his etching habit - (didn't we all used to do it).

:lol:

Sean

Richard and his mate was in the Back Room at Bentinck late on last year,a great chap..and what a collection..allways seen him with Mick Smith at the Ymca Record fairs every bank holiday.

Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert