Value Please

Guest realsoulfan

Guest realsoulfan

Also was this ever done on a 12" if someone could get back to me with details on price and availability i would be greatfull :thumbup:

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Also was this ever done on a 12" if someone could get back to me with details on price and availability i would be greatfull :thumbup:

99.9% sure this was never on a 12, the 45 I would think you should be able to pick up between ten & twenty quid......brill tune.....

Girf

Social source share

Guest realsoulfan

99.9% sure this was never on a 12, the 45 I would think you should be able to pick up between ten & twenty quid......brill tune.....

Girf

Thanks for that valuation i sold my 7" last year as part of a job lot and wished i never :unsure:

Like you said it's a nice tune :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest realsoulfan

I'm pretty sure that the promo 45 has long and short versions. I've never seen a 12" - I don't think it exists.....

Ian D :unsure:

I had the promo 7" your talking about with long and short version but was told by a friend that there is a 12" but in hindsight your probably right it don't exist thanks for the info :thumbup:

Social source share

I had the promo 7" your talking about with long and short version but was told by a friend that there is a 12" but in hindsight your probably right it don't exist thanks for the info :huh:

There's one (7") buy it now on ebay if you want it back - $49.99

Social source share

Guest MOLLY

Just picked up a 7" promo recently for £15, took a while though but well worth the wait. As far as I'm aware never released on a 12".

Best

Molly

Social source share

Morning Ian

Weren't Buddah a bit slow of the mark with 12" all round ?

Morning Dave,

Yep really slow on most but some lovely stuff when they do get round to it - Black Ivory, Melba Moore, Papa John Creach etc, etc, plus that Canadian 12" Walter Gibbons mix of Gladys Knight's "It's Better Than A Good Time" is something else and RARE! Circa £500 at the moment I think......

However, maybe not quite as rare as these:-

post-9434-1211194577_thumb.jpgpost-9434-1211194602_thumb.jpg

Withdrawn immediately as the record was signed to Atlantic but not before a couple got out.......

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Morning Dave,

(Chic) Withdrawn immediately as the record was signed to Atlantic but not before a couple got out.......

Ian D :thumbsup:

Sorry Ian, yes it was possibly withdrawn, but I have seen loads of Chic 12"s on Buddah for sale on ebay and they're not that expensive.

Joe Anderson was a 1975 release as far as I remember, so no 12" exists that I'm aware of. Incidently, "You And I" has the same backing track as "I Can Tell" by Ed Summers on SONY records, (I think) - an old Sam spin at B'ham Locarno 70s do's C.1982. He had at least two other sides on Buddah which ain't bad either.

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Sorry Ian, yes it was possibly withdrawn, but I have seen loads of Chic 12"s on Buddah for sale on ebay and they're not that expensive.

Joe Anderson was a 1975 release as far as I remember, so no 12" exists that I'm aware of. Incidently, "You And I" has the same backing track as "I Can Tell" by Ed Summers on SONY records, (I think) - an old Sam spin at B'ham Locarno 70s do's C.1982. He had at least two other sides on Buddah which ain't bad either.

I used to have a bunch of copies of the joe anderson that were mispressed and played nazereth's "love hurts". hilarious at first play but sad in the end...

Social source share

Guest Rich

Ed Summer's is on Soya - well mine is anyway. You're right about it being an old Sam spin (I'm sure it was aired at Clifton Hall as well - my memory ain't great, so it could have been the Joe Anderson track I heard there).

Social source share

Oh yep, there's a few around which are usually beaten-up as they were early plays for most DJ's but I've only seen a couple of white promos in 25 years and never ever a sealed issue (which the scan is).

OK, it ain't Northern and not really sexy on here but I think Chic were one of the most innovative groups ever, so nice items IMO...

And I didn't know about the Ed Summers connection but WHAT A RECORD! Brilliant!

And a brilliant use of the Joe Anderson backing track!

Just found a clip on You Tube:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_2M9GAtENA

Ian D :thumbup:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

The connection between Joe Anderson and Ed Summers is Dave Jordan - a top top producer of fine tuneage. "Let me down easy" Rare Pleasure was another of his as I recall.

Joe Anderson was never on a 12, though Tom Moulton did have a go at remixing it.

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Ed Summer's is on Soya - well mine is anyway. You're right about it being an old Sam spin (I'm sure it was aired at Clifton Hall as well - my memory ain't great, so it could have been the Joe Anderson track I heard there).

You beat me to it! (Just logged on to correct 'SONY' to 'SOYA' - though you'd think I'd remember that label bein' a veggie n' all!) :thumbsup: As I recall, Sam didn't know of the Joe Anderson at the time he was playing Ed Summers at the Locarno.

Social source share

Guest mel brat

The connection between Joe Anderson and Ed Summers is Dave Jordan - a top top producer of fine tuneage. "Let me down easy" Rare Pleasure was another of his as I recall.

Joe Anderson was never on a 12, though Tom Moulton did have a go at remixing it.

Rare Pleasure is an absolute gold-plated classic isn't it? Although no longer than the "long version" on 7", you've just gotta to have it on 12"!

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Guest realsoulfan

Oh yep, there's a few around which are usually beaten-up as they were early plays for most DJ's but I've only seen a couple of white promos in 25 years and never ever a sealed issue (which the scan is).

OK, it ain't Northern and not really sexy on here but I think Chic were one of the most innovative groups ever, so nice items IMO...

And I didn't know about the Ed Summers connection but WHAT A RECORD! Brilliant!

And a brilliant use of the Joe Anderson backing track!

Just found a clip on You Tube:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_2M9GAtENA

Ian D :D

Thanks for that i've just listened to the Ed Summers never knew it existed and really enjoyed it.

There's not much between them IMO both good records in there own rights as well as having a real feel good factor about them which i appreciate in a record :D

Social source share

Guest realsoulfan

Tom Moulton did have a go at remixing it.

That would have been interesting if he'd finnish it i would have liked to have heard it :D

Social source share

Guest mel brat

He did, it's punchier than the Buddah isue.

Re Rare Pleasure Mel - remember it did come out on extended mix 7" on UK DJM. Steve

Yes I remember it well! I meant that the US 7" "extended" side is just as long as the (double sided) 12", but I had to have the 12" anyway, as it's such a classic!

The distinctive piano intro was sampled twice by David Morales apparently... (as if I'd know!) :lol:

So what else do we know about producer Dave Jordan??

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert