Tony Michaels

• Replies 9
  • Views 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Anybody else noticed this? Never heard of one like it before....

https://cgi.ebay.com/Tony-Michaels-Pat-Lewi...1QQcmdZViewItem

The Tony Michaels is Oh So Rare as a Stock copy GW-41.

The Listing mentions Pat Lewis - GW-42.

Doesn't mention which track each of the sides play.

Wonder if it is a Total Miss-Press & plays both tracks mentioned.

Or simply a Label mix up. Mega RARE though either way.

Social source share

The Tony Michaels is Oh So Rare as a Stock copy GW-41.

The Listing mentions Pat Lewis - GW-42.

Doesn't mention which track each of the sides play.

Wonder if it is a Total Miss-Press & plays both tracks mentioned.

Or simply a Label mix up. Mega RARE though either way.

Don't take this as gospel, but from a talk with a mate last night, he was led to believe that it was a label mix-up. Mind you it was late, he was excited about it and several glasses of red to the good (apparently!) :lol:

Social source share

Guest sadsam

The listing does explain that it is a SPILT 45, many labels did this for promotion, but i have never seen this on a gloden world 45 --SAM

Social source share

The listing does explain that it is a SPILT 45, many labels did this for promotion, but i have never seen this on a gloden world 45 --SAM

Split 45? Never heard of one on Golden World - are those completists who thought that they had the whole label collection going to have to start all over again, or is it just a one off?

Edited by Jerry Hipkiss
Social source share

Split 45? Never heard of one on Golden World - are those completists who thought that they had the whole label collection going to have to start all over again, or is it just a one off?

It's not a split 45 as it plays Tony Michaels 'Picture..' on the flip side it's just been mislabelled with a Pat Lewis label on that side. It's not a one off either as I've got a copy...although this is the first time I've seen another. Sadly my copy is cracked...but if a GW collector would be interested in buying it then give me a PM :huh:

Always assumed that this is way the stock issue of this 45 is so hard, probably scrapped by GW when they realised the labelling error???

Adam.

Social source share

It's not a split 45 as it plays Tony Michaels 'Picture..' on the flip side it's just been mislabelled with a Pat Lewis label on that side. It's not a one off either as I've got a copy...although this is the first time I've seen another. Sadly my copy is cracked...but if a GW collector would be interested in buying it then give me a PM :huh:

Always assumed that this is way the stock issue of this 45 is so hard, probably scrapped by GW when they realised the labelling error???

Adam.

That's a good point actually Adam. Maybe the whole batch were wrongly labeled and so were binned. I've never had a correctly labelled stocker of Tony Michaels, anyone else got one? I'm sure they must be out there somewhere?

Social source share

are those completists who thought that they had the whole label collection going to have to start all over again, or is it just a one off?

I'm amazed no one has ever snapped up the white label test press I have for sale of the Manhattens on GW...hand typed/stamped labels...a slab of GW history!

:huh:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert