Big Predicament.....what Do You Do When?

• Replies 64
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Here you are an answer-

ANY ONE GOT A MINT - Or Better Nu-Rons for sale ? PM GASHER with price please and make him a happy bunny ! (Hes got some nice tunes he may trade, inc a rougher copy )

Rob

mind, it only has to look M- but can play FAIR or worse, Gasher already got a copy that plays fine but looks shite. One copy to look at and one copy to play :rolleyes:

seriously, my advise:

step 1 - ask for a partial refund so that the amount you've paid actually reflects the condition of the record.

failing step 1 take step 2 - demand a full refund and return the bloody disc. way to expensive to leave the situation as it is now. you'd be the one who loses in the end wouldn't you? remember, there'll still be the next top #1 want waiting around the corner if you know what I mean...

failing step 2 take step 3 - name and shame the seller, talk to him from face to face and sort it out in a way he/she will not forget ...

Social source share

I usually ask for a refund if a vg+ copy has audible marks.

On this forum you should stick to buying M-, I've had so many misgradings from here I've almost stopped buying from the sales section. And it's a UK phenomena. I've never had much trouble with bad grading from sellers in other parts of the world.

Gasher, send it back! No need to accept that kind of shit from a seller.

Had more bad gradings from e-bay sellers!.At least on this forum you can contact seller straight away,or know someone who knows someone etc...to get the matter resolved!!

I don't think its a UK thing either,gradings vary.

Back on topic...........send the record back Gasher,its never M-.If big money is changing hands you want a grading you both agree on.

Social source share

Sorry Rod but I cant see where you find me dissing anyone other than the seller ( even then Im not dissing him im dissing his shitty grading)

of this 45 . He has remained nameless out of courtesy until we have resolved the issue.

You know it wasnt you so why dig at me?????

Ive have not told anyone not to buy from anybody, not event he guy that sold me this

all I asked for was advice on whats best to do .......return or ask for refund

simple as that..IM not complaining about anyone else who sells on here. you obviously read it wrong mate.

I have no bug bear with you or anyone unless they sell me crap conditions.

and that was not you so whats your point?

I also sell on here so Id be dissing me too if that were the case.

gasher

Whilst sympathising with Richie and agreeing with both Lars and Lenny I think all three are doing a great disservice to "genuine" sellers especially on this forum. I gotta be honest and say I take exception to sweeping statements which do not apply to all and must put potential buyers off any sales on here.

As I sell on this site now and again I don't particularly like to be included in a general complaint which really only applies to individual cases.

I suggest lads if you have had a problem,then you name names.

ROD

Social source share

In all fairness, being mainly interested in buying rather than selling (on the whole) have never had any problems, to date through this forum, and make allowances to gradings to a degree, and have had only one complaint of any nature to make (and privately through the PM medium) I might add to which I had no reply,( albeit I stated at the time the reasons why I wouldn't state publicly the complaints made ) I was a bit peeved to recieve no response at all, but can assure the dealer who will remain unknown....I will not buy from you again........1 from very many satisfactory and happy dealings through a superb soul source sales section!

Social source share

Whilst sympathising with Richie and agreeing with both Lars and Lenny I think all three are doing a great disservice to "genuine" sellers especially on this forum. I gotta be honest and say I take exception to sweeping statements which do not apply to all and must put potential buyers off any sales on here.

As I sell on this site now and again I don't particularly like to be included in a general complaint which really only applies to individual cases.

I suggest lads if you have had a problem,then you name names.

ROD

To be fair Rod I prefer not to air my dirty washing in public, any problems I have had with dodgy records will be dealt with via PM's, would'nt want it any other way, however if a return is refused I will take it up with the mods first before naming and shaming, Gashers original post is just exactly what has happened to me and I am awaiting a reply,

Lenny

Social source share

Probably my poor use of English and sentence construction,Richie. I know you didn't refer to Soul Source but my point is that whilst I know I 've never sold you or Lenny [or anyone hopefully on here] a bad 45,and you and Lenny know that too[as we've never had any dealings!!], by confining the complaint to generalities other people on here can only wonder who these bad sellers are.

When Lenny complains about his deal, I and others could assume it was you or say Ian Cunliffe [Hi Ian,only an example] and completely disregard any 45s that you or Ian have for sale in the future.

It's rather like those lists of "cowboy" traders that local councils sometimes make available and maybe if you don't get satisfaction there is some onus on you, and the rest of us in such cases, to warn others by naming and shaming.

Without that other buyers may have similar problems in the future and decent sellers lose out due to overcaution.

Maybe there needs to be a bit tighter control of the sales forum so that where certain sellers or buyers for that matter fail to live up to their end of the deal then we have some kinda blacklist to refer to.

ROD

Social source share

Just been thinking about this problem and it seems to me that both you and Lenny are happy to get it sorted and avoid naming and shaming,which I understand, but if you do go down that route doesn't that leave the next buyers from these same sources having to go through the same hassle if they receive a dud from the sellers?

ROD

Social source share

Rod I fully understand what youre saying but

as I posted earlier I will name and shame if I have to but as Ive not had any correspondance to my email of complaint .

I have with-held the sellers identity incase this is just an oversight on his part.. a bloody big one too

if I get a successful outcome then he will remain nameless.

BUT AGAIN MY POINT WAS NOT AIMED At anyone on here

I MERELY ASKED FOR AN OPINION ON

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU GET A really rare 45 in shit condition advertised as M-

no more no less

it was a simple question of advice on what to do in my situation?

I have nothing to do with wanting forums tightened etc

the mods on here have enough on their plates and are doing a great job as is.

I had no compliant that was targeted at any individual on here (or the seller who isnt on here)

so thats why I asked for opinions or rather guidance on what form of response I should take.

so please understand that I have no problems with any sellers onsite until they sell me shit.

Lets hope we can do a deal sometime and show sellers just how sales should be conducted.

best Richie

Social source share

Rod I fully understand what youre saying but

as I posted earlier I will name and shame if I have to but as Ive not had any correspondance to my email of complaint .

I have with-held the sellers identity incase this is just an oversight on his part.. a bloody big one too

if I get a successful outcome then he will remain nameless.

BUT AGAIN MY POINT WAS NOT AIMED At anyone on here

I MERELY ASKED FOR AN OPINION ON

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU GET A really rare 45 in shit condition advertised as M-

no more no less

it was a simple question of advice on what to do in my situation?

I have nothing to do with wanting forums tightened etc

the mods on here have enough on their plates and are doing a great job as is.

I had no compliant that was targeted at any individual on here (or the seller who isnt on here)

so thats why I asked for opinions or rather guidance on what form of response I should take.

so please understand that I have no problems with any sellers onsite until they sell me shit.

Lets hope we can do a deal sometime and show sellers just how sales should be conducted.

best Richie

You send it back right away by registered post, especially as I see you already have it!!

It's not just that though is it. It's the stuff you got rid of to get it when there was no need.

Get your money back and save it for next big want and don't fritter it away on £500 45s!!!!!

ROD

Social source share

Guest swoz

thanks Rod that was all I was asking for mate just an opinion on what I should do

I have asked for a 50% refund or I may even take a credit but if not then Its going back

cheers Richie

RICHIE

LETS HOPE THIS MIGHT BE A LACK OF COMMUNICATION, AND THAT THE DEALER MAY READ THEESE

COMMENTS AND RESPONDS. A COMMENT WAS MADE THAT HE IS A TRUSTED DEALER, IF SO THEN THERE COULD BE GENUINE REASONS WHY HE MAY NOT HAVE CONTACTED YOU. I.E..SICKNESS...ON HOLIDAY ETC. WHATEVER THE REASON I HOPE THIS MATTER HAS A GOOD OUTCOME FOR BOTH SIDES. WITHOUT THE NAME AND SHAME GAME. WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST SWOZ

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert