Big Predicament.....what Do You Do When?

I TODAY RECIEVED

MY TOP WANT FOR WHICH I PAID A HANDSOME PRICE FROM A REPUTABLE DEALER

IT WAS ADVERTISED ON HIS AUCTION AS M-

MUST Have been graded by Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles or the blind guy in my streets dog...

A white demo.....it has a dirty label with 2 stickers removed leaving residue the flip has ring wear

and two sets of initials in pen

the vinyl has uncountable marks light scuffs nothing deep but a VG/vg+ condition at best

Its as mint - as a fruit PASTILLE..

Totally looks like its been stored without a sleeve at some point in life(so you know how they look)

will try to post pics later but at PAYING top $$$$$$ I EXPECT MORE PRECISE GRADING

I so pissed off at the grading but possibly may not get another

IT plays very well but clearly VISUALLY not as advertised.

what do I do????????????

obviously not what I was supposedly buying....DO i KEEP IT?

OR WHAT

IM SO FECKIN ANGRY AS IVE NEVER HAD A SNIFF OF ONE BEFORE SO SOLD A LOT OF BIG TITLES TO BUY IT

AS IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE M- :sweatingbullets:ranting_1.gif:thumbup::lol::D:lol:

ONE FEKIN UNHAPPY GASHER

Edited by GASHER
Social source share

• Replies 64
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

deep breath....

have you contacted him and asked how he got the M- grading?

and PM me and tell me what it is

xx

If you don't think you'll get another see if dealer will give you a partial refund!

and was it auction or set sale

Social source share

I TODAY RECIEVED

MUST Have been graded by Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles or the blind guy in my streets dog...

A white demo.....it has a dirty label with 2 stickers removed leaving residue the flip has ring wear

the vinyl has uncountable marks light scuffs nothing deep but a VG/vg+ condition at best

Totally looks like its been stored without a sleeve at some point in life(so you know how they look)

will try to post pics later but at PAYING top $$$$$$ I EXPECT MORE PRECISE GRADING

what do I do????????????

OR WHAT

IM SO FECKIN ANGRY AS IVE NEVER HAD A SNIFF OF ONE BEFORE SO SOLD A LOT OF BIG TITLES TO BUY IT

ONE FEKIN UNHAPPY GASHER

Richie... you know as well as I do that "some sellers" over grade stuff to sell....

Dependent on what it was and what you paid makes the diffetrence.... sounds like it was obviously a big bucks tune....

SO.... big bucks records should always be more specific IMO with their "sales speech".... after all they're after big bucks buyers.... presumably....

Others.... well it depends on the "true" price, what it's like, etc. etc.... grade accordingly is my motto...

I'd like to think I "undergrade stuff" be it cheap or otherwise.... no complaints.... yet :lol: ....

Hope you get it sorted pal.... partial refund or summat that your happy with :lol: ....

Social source share

I TODAY RECIEVED

what do I do????????????

OR WHAT

ONE FEKIN UNHAPPY GASHER

If it were me i would get back to him or her ASAP!! And tell them that your not happy with, the fact that it was graded as M- when its obviously no where near it. :lol: And what ever it was you paid for it, try and get as much back from him or her as poss!! Ok maybe they could argue the toss and say that it plays perfectly well, but that would,nt be the point would it! They should not grade (i presume an expensive record) that way, and expect you to pay top wack for it! :lol:

JB xxxKTFxxx

Social source share

I'd ask for my money back. The crap condition will always be annoying, and even if you get a discount it will still presumably be pretty expensive. Crap condition is ok if you pick something up for buttons but in a case like this it always rankles IMO.

Would be interesting to hear what the dealer's response is, even if your being civil and not naming him.

Alan

Social source share

I TODAY RECIEVED

what do I do????????????

OR WHAT

ONE FEKIN UNHAPPY GASHER

best going medieval on the geezer, he'll soon come round......if that doesnt work jump on the train and go tonto on the cant

Edited by lenny h.
Social source share

thanks but i have no problem naming and shaming if i dont get a result

the flip side has about a half dozen wee chips out of it too little pin hole ones but NAP

not mentioned either in the description

but I cant see me getting another replacement

Im trying to get some clear pictures but not being very good at it so far

I hate this vinyl shit

hahaha

gasher

Social source share

Return it.

They'll always be another record around the corner.

If you keep it you'll be stressed every time you look at it, and it will spoil the enjoyment of the disc...especially if it is a fave.

I recently received x2 discs through the post and was shocked at their poor condition. I wouldn't sell a disc in the condition these were without letting the buyer know EXACTLY what to expect first.

imo

:sweatingbullets:

Social source share

Tell tham its not what it was advertised as and unless they knock off £2000 you will do them under the trade descriptions act.

The problem here is not so much liking it but what could you get for it when you have to sell to purchase the next big tune.

Thank god I only buy crap records for sweeties laugh.gif:D

Social source share

Similar to (polo) mint, there's a hole in the middle. And there the similarity ends. I would enquire towards a partial refund if I was you. Or was it listed as looks VG but plays mint whistling.gif , not knowing how it was listed I shouldn't really be commenting. Do you have the description what was on the auction saved, to post up?

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Return

If you keep it you'll be stressed every time you look at it, and it will spoil the enjoyment of the disc...especially if it is a fave.

Nail, Hit, Head !

I fully understand not wanting to send it back, however the above overides that for me.

Social source share

After looking at the pics... you are trying to convince yourself. I don't think it's even very good minus. I would ask for at least 50% back because of the overgrading or a full refund ! I know the Nu-rons 45 isn't easy to find but trust me, wait for another copy.

wink.gif

Social source share

After looking at the pics... you are trying to convince yourself. I don't think it's even very good minus. I would ask for at least 50% back because of the overgrading or a full refund ! I know the Nu-rons 45 isn't easy to find but trust me, wait for another copy.

wink.gif

I get overgraded records all the time, sometimes significantly overgraded. I usually hold onto them after convincing myself that I will not get them back easily, that I would have paid the same price for lesser condition, or that it's not worth dealing with. I usually regret it because one always comes up for sale eventually (usually right after I keep the record) and even if it doesn't, I'm always annoyed just having a messed up record that I got burned on. The only reason to keep it would be if you got it at a good price, I would send it back if I were you. I'm assuming you paid a high price for that, and that you should send it back, it will come up again eventually but it might take a few years. But it definitely will come up again, i've seen that nurons for sale at least a few times.

Social source share

Return it.

They'll always be another record around the corner.

I recently received x2 discs through the post and was shocked at their poor condition. I wouldn't sell a disc in the condition these were without letting the buyer know EXACTLY what to expect first.

imo

ph34r.gif

If you keep it you'll be stressed every time you look at it, and it will spoil the enjoyment of the disc...especially if it is a fave

totally agree bought cody black mr blue on d-town a big want for a long time (not the most expensive but) still have in box has a wicked warp and a real distinctive hiss noise for about third of the vinyl pisses me off every time i go to play it but cant manage to let it go again shitty grading, if it plays mint and you might not see another ,whats worse letting it go and regetting it or having in the box with that nagging thought should have let it go another one could turn up :D

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

Looks to me as someones had it on the bottom of their shoe for a while, no more than VG visually if that, I always grade my records visually & audibly, then there's no argument, I would contact the dealer in question & 1st tell him about the condition & your dissapointment without being abusive & see what the response is, if not forthcoming go break his legs.

I've had a similiar experience but in that case the seller gave me a total refund & let me keep the record...I now do this on everything & have a nice collection for nowt...lol...only joking...I think!

KTF

Baz

Social source share

listed as M-

what more can I say GUTTED :D

Similar to (polo) mint, there's a hole in the middle. And there the similarity ends. I would enquire towards a partial refund if I was you. Or was it listed as looks VG but plays mint whistling.gif , not knowing how it was listed I shouldn't really be commenting. Do you have the description what was on the auction saved, to post up?
Social source share

If it plays mint and looks VG++ why not be happy, bet you are just getting cold feet, 2 weeks down the line and you forget its there I bet it will bring a big frookin smile to your fuzzy chops.

I buy it for a Monkey from yah.

A nice clean with soap and water dry it off and see how it looks in 2 days. tongue.gif

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

where the feck do you read its VG++?

are you blind too or did you grade the record for him?????

but yes it sound brings a smile to my face

but IM not pissed off about how it feckin sounds am I or did

you miss the whole point???????????

and I buy big tunes regularly why would I get cold feet

when Im in scotland with 4 pairs of socks on every day????

some people just dont get it do they

Gasher

Social source share

Err isn't VG++ marks but they can't be heard VG + you can hear the marks.

4 pairs of socks! you should cut that freaking record in half and use the ruddy plastic to insulate your feet mate or you will get the chilblains.

Ask that guy selling broken the Johnny on The Spot records in the States he can sellotape it back together for you. wink.gif

post-6504-1210461666_thumb.jpg

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

Where on earth did that description come from? VG++ is basically excellent but it would have one thing stopping it being EX for instance ONE click. VG+ should mean it's got one or two marks on it not affecting the play. VG the same but maybe the odd click here and there, a few of times at most. More and more, people use VG to falsely describe records that are actually in Good or Good Plus condition. Going by the photos, the record here is Good and no better.

Social source share

goldmine gradings OF WHICH THIS RECORD IS THE LAST ONE AT BEST

Sometimes dealers use M- (Mint Minus)grade.

You may need to ask the dealer if he/she uses the M- grade the same way as NM. They should mean the same thing however many people have had used several confusing grades all based around the Mint status. We define NM and or M- as being almost mint. This grade should be, for the most part, the most widely used grade for records that appear virtually flawless. Virtually flawless records are not perfect. A very minor scuff and very little else can appear on the vinyl. This will most likely have occurred during packaging, or removing the record from the inner sleeve but had been handled with extreme care. It should play without any noise over the flaw. The flaw should be very hard to see. If a scuff covers more than a few tracks yet can be seen, it will not be NM, however it may come very close. Use strong judgment when evaluating the vinyls condition.

or

VERY GOOD PLUS or VG+: What does this mean? Some people will call a less than NM record VG+ and skip the EX grade. Goldmine defines it as Excellent (EX), yet commands only 50% of the value (for most records). It can easily be defined as 2 ways. VG+ should be the next grade below a NM value when grading 45 singles. EX can be used for EP's. 45 singles have only 2 songs and EP's (7" by the way) can have anywhere from 3, 4, 6 and 8 (rarely found) songs on the record. With 45 singles one side may be NM and the other side may not. If the flip side is not NM but still plays well (or great, no noise), VG+ is a conservative grade. Very few 45's should be called EX unless they are of rarities. Use careful judgment when buying and selling them with this grade!

OR

VERY GOOD or VG: The Very Good Grade does not mean Very good at all. At least not in the visual sense. A Very Good (VG) record will appear well played but still have some luster. The vinyl may be faded, slightly grayish.

OR EVEN

GOOD or G (including the G+ and VG- grades): A good record will look very well played, dull, grayish and possibly abused. However a Good record should still play.

Social source share

I too have had this problem, but not on Ebay but by sellers on here, several discs that were graded VG++ were in fact in a disgraceful condition and paying top (although not book) price for them I would expect fellow soulies on here to show other members a bit of respect, from now on I won't be buying anything under EX on this forum

Lenny

Social source share

BLIMEY RICHIE What was it.... Send it back asap should have graded it right or ask for a 40 %

Take care mate

Ian C

========================================================================

Bloody Hell its well ruff ....Good should have been the right description not M

sure hes not sent the wrong copy by mistake :thumbup:

Social source share

Richie.....I think some kind of reduction is required when it`s not the condition as was advertised, if you do get a fair bit off, that`ll take your mind off the condition of the record......As you said it plays well and another copy may not come up for a while...but it`ll do yer napper in every time you look at it and probably have a few sleepless nights aswell, especially if another does turn up in top condition at the same price you`ve just payed.........Reduction or send it back mate.

Andy

Social source share

send it back

tell everyone about the boring man who should surely know how to grade records by now :thumbup:

then post a want offering man love and a huge wad of cash for a mint copy

you might get lucky... :D

Social source share

Guest swoz

I TODAY RECIEVED

what do I do????????????

OR WHAT

AS IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE M- :thumbup::D:yes::yes::D:lol:

ONE FEKIN UNHAPPY GASHER

ANSWER IS SIMPLE..... NAME AND SHAME,GET YOUR MONEY BACK AND PUT HIM OUT OF BUSINESS....WISHING ALL THE BEST ....SWOZ

Social source share

well richie boy.

you even tried to convince me(&yourself) it was in better condition than you thought over the phone yesterday.

seeing the scans its deffo worse than you made out.

if thats m- my whole collection must be the cleanest in the world.

i know you can sometimes take 45s in nae the best condition so to have the tune,but you know condition before you buy.

you was buying a m- in this case & it is a long way off that m8.

even my magic dish towel couldnt improve that one.

a nice tidy sum back is the only cure for this predicament.

Social source share

I usually ask for a refund if a vg+ copy has audible marks.

I too have had this problem, but not on Ebay but by sellers on here, several discs that were graded VG++ were in fact in a disgraceful condition and paying top (although not book) price for them I would expect fellow soulies on here to show other members a bit of respect, from now on I won't be buying anything under EX on this forum

Lenny

On this forum you should stick to buying M-, I've had so many misgradings from here I've almost stopped buying from the sales section. And it's a UK phenomena. I've never had much trouble with bad grading from sellers in other parts of the world.

Gasher, send it back! No need to accept that kind of shit from a seller.

Edited by LarsC
Social source share

On this forum you should stick to buying M-, I've had so many misgradings from here I've almost stopped buying from the sales section. And it's a UK phenomena. I've never had much trouble with bad grading from sellers in other parts of the world.

I pointed this out to Ian Sims the moderator on the site for sales Lars and he has made clear guidelines at the top of the page that no one seems to pay attention to, I would NEVER sell a record to a fellow soul fan on here or otherwise by misguiding the sale through bad grading, I had horrendous probs on here with a fairly well known seller and to get the refund I had to accept paypal after paying by cheque, so I lost out on it big time including rip off postage, never again!,

Lenny

Social source share

post-9983-1210512889.jpgGasher honey i've never been in that situation paying so much for a tune :thumbup: but i know this always helps me wheh i'm p!!!!d off :yes: and i know we're kindred spirits in the cake department :D hope you work it all out luv Di xxxxx

Social source share

Could this situation not be sorted in a one-to-one conversation with the seller? Bringing the matter to the attention of the forum before the dealer's had a chance to discuss the matter with the customer seems counterproductive to me.

Social source share

Whilst sympathising with Richie and agreeing with both Lars and Lenny I think all three are doing a great disservice to "genuine" sellers especially on this forum. I gotta be honest and say I take exception to sweeping statements which do not apply to all and must put potential buyers off any sales on here.

As I sell on this site now and again I don't particularly like to be included in a general complaint which really only applies to individual cases.

I suggest lads if you have had a problem,then you name names.

ROD

Social source share

ANSWER IS SIMPLE..... NAME AND SHAME,GET YOUR MONEY BACK AND PUT HIM OUT OF BUSINESS....WISHING ALL THE BEST ....SWOZ

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Youve no chance of him goin out of business hes sold thousands of 45,s over the years to loads

of satisfied customers ,just a blip methinks which knowing the seller he will sort it out no bother

if Richie sends it back hes a decent bloke .....

Social source share

Could this situation not be sorted in a one-to-one conversation with the seller? Bringing the matter to the attention of the forum before the dealer's had a chance to discuss the matter with the customer seems counterproductive to me.

I never said it couldnt be sorted All I asked for was opinions as to what people think should be done

why is this counter productive?

As Im so far away from soul reality its nice to ask for opinions of fellow collectors and friends

I ALREADY EMAILED THE SELLER AND AWAIT A REPLY

I HAVE NOT NAMED NAMES MERELY VOICED AN OPINION AND ASKED FOR ADVICE ON A SHIT GRADING

BY A TOP DEALER / COLLECTOR

WHY SHOULD WE STAND FOR THIS ????????????????????????

I WORK FECKIN HARD AND HAD TO SELL A FEW BIG TICKET ITEMS TO PAY FOR IT AND IT ARRIVES IN A WANK CONDITION

FECKIN RIGHT I SHOULD

ASK FOR ADVICE ...I WOULD NEVER HAVE BID HALF THE MONEY I PAID FOR IT FOR A RECORD IN THIS STATE.

IM GENUINELY NOT SURE SO THATS WHY I ASK FOR ADVICE BECAUSE IF YOU CANT TRUST THE SELLER TO GIVE YOU WHAT YOU BOUGHT AS PER ADVERTISED WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST????

gasher

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert