Look At Your Box

just found this with a few others in loft

kell osborne-something for the book -cenco demo -mint - great tune

just looked on john manship site and he as one one revis

could any body tell me witch is the first label revis-cenco and value of cenco demo please

sid

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

just found this with a few others in loft

kell osborne-something for the book -cenco demo -mint - great tune

just looked on john manship site and he as one one revis

could any body tell me witch is the first label revis-cenco and value of cenco demo please

sid

Sid....

JM has it @ £75 on Revis on his site as you've seen.... personally thought Revis "should be" about £25ish IMO but "demand" (if there is one) may be the reason it's on his site for more....

As for Cenco release.... not seen one (I don't think).... who knows.... not seeing one doesn't mean it's rarer or popular where records are concerned as you are probably aware....

Not a difinitive answer, I know, but how about a scan to "prompt" folk's memories....

Social source share

Sid....

JM has it @ £75 on Revis on his site as you've seen.... personally thought Revis "should be" about £25ish IMO but "demand" (if there is one) may be the reason it's on his site for more....

As for Cenco release.... not seen one (I don't think).... who knows.... not seeing one doesn't mean it's rarer or popular where records are concerned as you are probably aware....

Not a difinitive answer, I know, but how about a scan to "prompt" folk's memories....

hi

sorry dont know how to scan

sid

Social source share

The Cenco relase has just gone through e-bay for $41, I forgot to bid :sweatingbullets: Many of Kell's releases released on several labels, mainly down to Billy Revis. Cenco as far as I know the first i think off the top of my head 1962 with the Revis one a year later in '63. The top side on the Revis one, Yaya Yaya, was also released a few more times, more notably on the ultra rare Highland release only it was titled Trouble, Trouble Baby (the other side is of course Law Against A Heartbreaker).

The Revis release I got for a few dollars off e-bay and have seen it about cheaper than £75.

I'm still looking for the Cenco release if anyone wishes to sell me one wink.gif

As far as I'm aware no demand for the scene except amongst collectors.

Oh, and i've written the Kell Osborne Story for the next issue of Shades Of Soul, dunno when it will be out.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

The Cenco relase has just gone through e-bay for $41, I forgot to bid :sweatingbullets: Many of Kell's releases released on several labels, mainly down to Billy Revis. Cenco as far as I know the first i think off the top of my head 1962 with the Revis one a year later in '63. The top side on the Revis one, Yaya Yaya, was also released a few more times, more notably on the ultra rare Highland release only it was titled Trouble, Trouble Baby (the other side is of course Law Against A Heartbreaker).

The Revis release I got for a few dollars off e-bay and have seen it about cheaper than £75.

I'm still looking for the Cenco release if anyone wishes to sell me one :thumbup:

As far as I'm aware no demand for the scene except amongst collectors.

Oh, and i've written the Kell Osborne Story for the next issue of Shades Of Soul, dunno when it will be out.

Missed.... missed... he must be f*ckin p*ssed.... laugh.gif ....

Only kidding pal....

Sort of what I was saying Chalky

Social source share

2010? :thumbup::sweatingbullets:

Seen more Revis copies...come to think of it can't recall seeing a Cenco demo...is it white?

it is white pal, been two on thye evil bay recently, missed out on one, forgot to bid on the other. Got both tracks on other labels, just want the disc for collection...at right vprice of course ph34r.gif The Cenco issue is the one I want to see as it's listed as Little Darling,not Something For The Books.

2010 probably about right :lol:

Social source share

it is white pal, been two on thye evil bay recently, missed out on one, forgot to bid on the other. Got both tracks on other labels, just want the disc for collection...at right vprice of course ph34r.gif The Cenco issue is the one I want to see as it's listed as Little Darling,not Something For The Books.

2010 probably about right :D

hi chalky

sid here thanks very much for the information so what is realistic value shiley not £20

sid

Social source share

hi chalky

sid here thanks very much for the information so what is realistic value shiley not £20

sid

Hi Sid hope you are well. realistic value???? as said no real demand from the scene just collectors, both tracks are available on other labels as well. The previous copy I saw for sale again on ebay was $101 I think.

Here's a scan of the demo, came from Ady Potts....

post-225-1210450048_thumb.jpg

anyone got a scan of the issue?

Social source share

Hi Sid hope you are well. realistic value???? as said no real demand from the scene just collectors, both tracks are available on other labels as well. The previous copy I saw for sale again on ebay was $101 I think.

Here's a scan of the demo, came from Ady Potts....

post-225-1210450048_thumb.jpg

anyone got a scan of the issue?

cheers chalky but think il keep it if only worth that

did spin it on sat night at the junction rare and under played sounded quit good some body did ask what was that

sid

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert