The Determinations Bing Bong

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'll respond to your post in a manner befitting an adult - a f*cking lovely track to me, holding good memories.

I got battered by my elders and betters (you know who you are. How's life these days? Got new curtains lately?) for liking it as a lad, a bit girly for some it seemed.

Just an observation but it's funny how many people are quick off the mark to show the board that they think that someone has over-priced a track isn't it?

I'm sick of seeing thinly veiled prods covered as reasonable responses....but they keep me coming back don't they?

Social source share

=====

wasnt Gary Rushbrooke the 1st to play it??

Gary was probably the first to play it at an Allnighter in the UK but I played it regularly at my local Club at least 7 years before then, Mark (1972).

Always a fave of mine as a lad!

Mentioned it before on here that I remember uncovering it at Lincoln Drill Hall around 79, when someone (probably Gary R?) had it covered up as, I think, The Ambassadors.

Couldn't believe my ears when it came on.

Still got a Big Soft Spot fot it!

:)

Sean

Edited by Sean Hampsey
Social source share

Gary was probably the first to play it at an Allnighter in the UK but I played it regularly at my local Club at least 7 years before then, Mark (1972).

Always a fave of mine as a lad!

Mentioned it before on here that I remember uncovering it at Lincoln Drill Hall around 79, when someone (probably Gary R?) had it covered up as, I think, The Ambassadors.

Couldn't believe my ears when it came on.

Still got a Big Soft Spot fot it!

:)

Sean

===

wow sean ..72..was only 12 then lol

on king i suppose gonna be copies around in numbers at some stage.

Social source share

===

wow sean ..72..was only 12 then lol

on king i suppose gonna be copies around in numbers at some stage.

I was only 16 Mark, but it came from my weekly visit to Rotherham market, like most of my tunes of the time... for pennies!

You're right, there was tons of King stuff on there, along with Federal, Stax, Volt, Tamla, Smash, Mecury, ABC etc. by the score!

"Bing Bong" was a real cutie, I thought, and it soon went to the top of the pile!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert