Soul For The Dancefloor

I received a copy of the recent Kent CD this morning - Soul For The Dancefloor by Millie Jackson.

WOW The album is compiled by a good friend of mine Sean Hampsey, I know at one point Sean was living and breathing Millie, every time he was in the car it was Millie's vocal attributes bringing smiles to his face. Every morning with his Special K, it was Millie who was really the Special one, bringing him round to face the day (After another late night/early morning feed).

So now I have a listen to the finished product, I can assure Sean that it was really time well spent. Ady Croasdale really got the right man for the job on this one :lol: Top Marks for that Ady, A+ awarded for that assignment :lol:

But it wasn't until I was trawling on Amazon that I noticed it had been released, so without further ado, it was ordered herewith. I saw that Sean had changed his avatar a picture of Millie Jackson which happens to be the cover of the CD. Seems to be a Closely Guarded Secret ...... Even Sean did not broadcast the fact :lol:

Well on my first listening it has absolutely Slayed Me........ Not An Easy task I hear you all say :wicked:

AWESOME, AWESOME SOUL MUSIC ! ! !

Anyone who hasn't got this just BUY IT NOW

THE REAL DEAL.

The first track says it all, a previously unissued track called "IF THAT DON'T TURN YOU ON"

Need I Say More

Just Buy It :lol:

Top Marks to the Guys at Kent and also to compiler Sean Hampsey!

I Rest My Case (No It Ain't A Case of Beer)

The Bulmeister :shades:

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 7
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I Rest My Case (No It Ain't A Case of Beer)

The Bulmeister thumbsup.gif

A case of Beer it is Bully!

:yes:

Thanks mate, for the plug and thanks to Ady & Kent for putting up with me while it came together. Both Ady and Tony Rounce also contributed to the CD, Bull, which is Millie Jackson's finest work, purely for the dancefloor.

Bully thinks I've been rather coy about this 'Closely Guarded Secret' (a ready made collectors item?) so let it be said loud and clear shout.gif the CD was put together, very much, with Soul Sourcers in mind... indeed the idea was first discussed on this very forum... so make sure you get yourself a copy without delay as its not just for the Dancefloor, it's Soul perfection for the Summer - the Bar B Que or while cruising in the motor - you'll find this Millie compilation will be the perfect accompaniment!

You can secure your copy here... right here right now!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soul-Dancefloor-Mi...n/dp/B0013NBBHE

Bully :lol: will be asking Questions if you don't :lol: .

Enjoy!

:lol:

Sean

Social source share

Guest Les F

Good God! This and the Mary Gresham cd inside a couple of months. It's more than a man can take!! Excellent stuff and, it goes without sayin', a must have.

Social source share

A case of Beer it is Bully!

Thanks mate, for the plug and thanks to Ady & Kent for putting up with me while it came together. Both Ady and Tony Rounce also contributed to the CD, Bull, which is Millie Jackson's finest work, purely for the dancefloor.

Bully thinks I've been rather coy about this 'Closely Guarded Secret' (a ready made collectors item?) so let it be said loud and clear shout.gif the CD was put together, very much, with Soul Sourcers in mind... indeed the idea was first discussed on this very forum... so make sure you get yourself a copy without delay as its not just for the Dancefloor, it's Soul perfection for the Summer - the Bar B Que or while cruising in the motor - you'll find this Millie compilation will be the perfect accompaniment!

You can secure your copy here... right here right now!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soul-Dancefloor-Mi...n/dp/B0013NBBHE

Bully :lol: will be asking Questions if you don't :lol: .

Enjoy!

:huh:

Sean

Very well racked in the HMV Oxford Street Megastore yesterday and SELLING by the looks of it Sean! The Millie was racked across the top two rows along with a good range of Kent titles in the racking underneath. The sales guys seem to have done a bang-up job!

Ian D :D

Social source share

Very well racked in the HMV Oxford Street Megastore yesterday and SELLING by the looks of it Sean! The Millie was racked across the top two rows along with a good range of Kent titles in the racking underneath. The sales guys seem to have done a bang-up job!

Ian D :lol:

Great stuff Ian,

I hope you didn't leave the store without a copy!

I won't be happy 'til they've sold the lot!

Every home should have one.

:thumbsup:

Sean

Edited by Sean Hampsey
Social source share

And in a nutshell it's her greatest dance hits for people who either aren't Millie completists or like the dancers all in the same place. And there are some good edits and a special original US mix or two to boot. Sean did a fab job and alerted me to quite a few I didn't (and should have) know.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert