Whats Wrong With People

• Replies 79
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

ME and my new manager ian dewhirst :lol: who`s nickname is FRANK i think, so HARRY & FRANKIE goes to HOLLYWOOD :lol::lol::lol:

Yep, I like the sound of that! :lol:

Plus I know the turf. We can drop in @ Soussan's for a natter and find out how to scam the film business. :boxing:

I've just got off the blower with Harvey & Bob @ The Weinstein Company and they love it. We're up to $2.5 million for the option on the script providing we can get Dean Cavannaugh to write it, which should be a doddle! :lol:

I dunno about you Harry, but I could sure do with a couple of hundred large in my pocket plus we'll need about $50K for 'out-of-pocket' expenses if we're gonna do L.A. properly.

I've booked us into the Regent Beverly Wiltshire - https://www.forbes.com/2002/03/07/0307feat_9.html

Can you let me know if this is OK and I'll book the hookers......

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

Guest Carrie Mehome

Tell them it's your real name that you were christened with and you just can't help what your parents named you! Seriously though what a jobsworth, some people have nothing else better to do! :boxing:

Social source share

Yep, I like the sound of that! :lol:

Plus I know the turf. We can drop in @ Soussan's for a natter and find out how to scam the film business. :boxing:

I've just got off the blower with Harvey & Bob @ The Weinstein Company and they love it. We're up to $2.5 million for the option on the script providing we can get Dean Cavannaugh to write it, which should be a doddle! :lol:

I dunno about you Harry, but I could sure do with a couple of hundred large in my pocket plus we'll need about $50K for 'out-of-pocket' expenses if we're gonna do L.A. properly.

I've booked us into the Regent Beverly Wiltshire - https://www.forbes.com/2002/03/07/0307feat_9.html

Can you let me know if this is OK and I'll book the hookers......

Only one hooker Ian, believe me Harry isnt going on holiday without me :lol::lol: i could be yours and Harrys personal assistant, i can type and wear a pencil in my hair :lol::lol:

Social source share

Only one hooker Ian, believe me Harry isnt going on holiday without me :lol::lol: i could be yours and Harrys personal assistant, i can type and wear a pencil in my hair :lol::lol:

Sounds great Di! :lol:

Lemme order up a private show from the Chippendales for you whilst Harry and I attend to, ahem, some important contractual type business which you wouldn't really understand........ :lol:

And I take it you'll wanna do the Rodeo Drive shopping excursion on Day 2...........? :lol:

Beauty/Spa/Make-Over treatment is lined-up for Day 3 and the Cosmetic Surgery consultation for Day 4 (not that you need it of course)............ :boxing:

How's that sound?

Ian D :no:

Social source share

Sounds great Di! :lol:

Lemme order up a private show from the Chippendales for you whilst Harry and I attend to, ahem, some important contractual type business which you wouldn't really understand........ :lol:

And I take it you'll wanna do the Rodeo Drive shopping excursion on Day 2...........? :lol:

Beauty/Spa/Make-Over treatment is lined-up for Day 3 and the Cosmetic Surgery consultation for Day 4 (not that you need it of course)............ :boxing:

How's that sound?

Sounds good to me :lol: i can do "SEX IN THE CITY" :lol: have we got the Penthouse at the BW ? thats the hotel off Pretty Women which is quite apt if i'm going to be staying there :no: oooo i better start packing :lol: Di xxxxxxxx

Social source share

The outcome of all this is at the moment the YORKSHIRE EVENING PRESS are round at daves taking photo`s, and are doing an interview with him to be published tomorrow, so really the outcome of this has been great for us at YORK SOULTRAIN, free publicity, all the contact numbers for SOULTRAIN.COM have been passed o to the press so that both sides can be quoted, many thanks to SOULTRAIN.COM for the free publicity for our event :D

Social source share

I´ve often wondered about the two Malaco companies/trademarks.

1. Malaco producer of sweets/candy since the 1930´s.

2. Malaco producer of R&B/soul/gospel records since the 1960´s.

Never heard of any legal battles?!

Maybe because the products are so different :D

Cheers

Mel

Social source share

THE GREAT SOULTRAIN DEBATE

NOW RESOLVED

After a recent telephone conversation, with promotions manager at the uk`s office of www.soultrain.com, all has been resolved, apparently as i had guessed on of our advertisers has been advertising our event as SOULTRAIN, and not YORK SOULTRAIN this had been brought to there attention by one of there members, after a short conversation with paul alexander at soultrain, who has said he has no problem with us using the logo YORK SOULTRAIN, so the wheels keep turning on the YORK SOULTRAIN EVENTS and all is now resolved, thanks to everybody for there support, and hopefully we`ll see you saturday at the crescent wmc blossom st york :D

Social source share

THE GREAT SOULTRAIN DEBATE

NOW RESOLVED

After a recent telephone conversation, with promotions manager at the uk`s office of www.soultrain.com, all has been resolved, apparently as i had guessed on of our advertisers has been advertising our event as SOULTRAIN, and not YORK SOULTRAIN this had been brought to there attention by one of there members, after a short conversation with paul alexander at soultrain, who has said he has no problem with us using the logo YORK SOULTRAIN, so the wheels keep turning on the YORK SOULTRAIN EVENTS and all is now resolved, thanks to everybody for there support, and hopefully we`ll see you saturday at the crescent wmc blossom st york :rolleyes:

Pleased it's all sorted out :D , Harry was this just a publicity stunt to get attention for YORK SOULTRAIN!!!!!, you clever bugger. :rolleyes:

Willie

Social source share

Pleased it's all sorted out thumbsup.gif , Harry was this just a publicity stunt to get attention for YORK SOULTRAIN!!!!!, you clever bugger. :sleep3:

Willie

Did tell the guy, if he`d have rang and chatted about resolving it rather than just sending threatening texts, there would have been none of this, also funny how he did ring after the yorkshire evening press had contacted him, still as you say did us a favour in the end plenty of free press promotion, so worked out quite well in the end, great advice from mr dewhirst as i would have never have thought about making it work in our favour as ive allready said CHEERS IAN :thumbsup:

Social source share

Did tell the guy, if he`d have rang and chatted about resolving it rather than just sending threatening texts, there would have been none of this, also funny how he did ring after the yorkshire evening press had contacted him, still as you say did us a favour in the end plenty of free press promotion, so worked out quite well in the end, great advice from mr dewhirst as i would have never have thought about making it work in our favour as ive allready said CHEERS IAN thumbsup.gif

Dammit Harry! That not what I wanted at all!

The plan was to convert this into a WORLDWIDE CONTROVERSY so that we could then flog the film script to Harvey Weinstein and then go to L.A. and spend all his cash!

Oh well, let's get back to basics again. Please use the artwork from the following logo on all future Soul Train flyers, ads, beer mats and ashtrays........

post-9434-1209670509.jpg

If at first you don't succeed...........

Ian D :thumbsup:

Social source share

Dammit Harry! That not what I wanted at all!

The plan was to convert this into a WORLDWIDE CONTROVERSY so that we could then flog the film script to Harvey Weinstein and then go to L.A. and spend all his cash!

Oh well, let's get back to basics again. Please use the artwork from the following logo on all future Soul Train flyers, ads, beer mats and ashtrays........

post-9434-1209670509.jpg

If at first you don't succeed...........

I want to go to HOLLYWOOD :lol: i got all excited about RODEO DRIVE laugh.gif can we still go please please :sleep3:

Social source share

Guest CliftonHall1

Maybe this should also be explained to Mr Cornelius, who I'm sure doesn't appreciate the rich tapestry of local history surrounding Soul, Trains and York!

I doubt if he's even been on a bloody train! He should have called the show "Soul Chauffer-Driven Limo" which would have been much more appropriate in his case! laugh.gif

Hello Chaps,

don't beleive were entirely "Up the Junction" here.

The post by the chap who's wife is a attorney is sort of correct but one has to remember that the words "Soul" and "Train" are non-generic.

On visiting the website of said Mr Cornelius he, or who ever now runs the show at Earthlink,Inc 1375 Peachtree

St, LevelA, Atlanta GA 30309, ARE CLEARLY not happy with bootleggers and such running riot with his cherished back catalogue.

Correctly so in my submission.

Clearly dear Harry and friends are not infringing copyright as they are not encroaching upon the logo, recorded material or any intelectual items such as Domain names etc.

Their appears to be no attempt by Harry and colleauges to use without prior arrangement any tangiable material or such at their events or on their marketing material.

No "passing off" has been attempted or any connection to www.soultrain.com (or subsiduries) is alluded to.

One's self had the same recent prickly encounter with our good friends at Ebay and from their ivory castle in San Jose did infact inform me i was a indeed in their opinion a "very naughty repugnant man" as some time long ago when Dragons roamed the land and Sheffield Wednesday played Division one football i had seized upon certain Domain names including lots involving the word, not name you notice, Ebay.

On explaining to them most politely that infact the "words" in the domains were used to draw fellow beings to the cherished site of Ebay and hence suplemented the ivory and gold clad coffers in San Jose (not to mention my charitable receipts) they then removed the battering ram from my portcullis, as threatened, and went forth and multiplied.

So i join Professor Dewhirst and say we are promoting thou endeavour and please allow us to do so.

Edited by Alan Senior
Social source share

I want to go to HOLLYWOOD :no: i got all excited about RODEO DRIVE laugh.gif can we still go please please :lol:

Yeah Di, course we can go - we just need to antagonise Mr Cornelius again! :sleep3:

Plus I put a none-refundable deposit down on the hookers and the Chippendales and I don't want to lose it! :thumbsup:

Maybe Harry could accuse Don Cormelius of attempted aggravated buggery or something? That'll GUARANTEE we'll get to L.A......

Some come on, get yer sunglasses out........

Ian D :no:

Social source share

Guest CliftonHall1

Yeah Di, course we can go - we just need to antagonise Mr Cornelius again! :lol:

Plus I put a none-refundable deposit down on the hookers and the Chippendales and I don't want to lose it! laugh.gif

Maybe Harry could accuse Don Cormelius of attempted aggravated buggery or something? That'll GUARANTEE we'll get to L.A......

Ian D :)

Rodeo drive, great place, bargains to be had :ohmy:

post-9080-1209679240_thumb.jpg

post-9080-1209679601_thumb.jpg

post-9080-1209679968_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Yeah Di, course we can go - we just need to antagonise Mr Cornelius again! :g:

Plus I put a none-refundable deposit down on the hookers and the Chippendales and I don't want to lose it! :unsure:

Ian D :D

yeh we could do it that way ian, as long as we don`t have to stay in that Y.M.C.A in NEW YORK mate where you once stayed :):lol::lol:

Social source share

Hello Chaps,

don't beleive were entirely "Up the Junction" here.

The post by the chap who's wife is a attorney is sort of correct but one has to remember that the words "Soul" and "Train" are non-generic.

On visiting the website of said Mr Cornelius he, or who ever now runs the show at Earthlink,Inc 1375 Peachtree

St, LevelA, Atlanta GA 30309, ARE CLEARLY not happy with bootleggers and such running riot with his cherished back catalogue.

Correctly so in my submission.

Clearly dear Harry and friends are not infringing copyright as they are not encroaching upon the logo, recorded material or any intelectual items such as Domain names etc.

Their appears to be no attempt by Harry and colleauges to use without prior arrangement any tangiable material or such at their events or on their marketing material.

No "passing off" has been attempted or any connection to www.soultrain.com (or subsiduries) is alluded to.

:) Sort of correct! I think you should have that conversation with my missus cos I'm not going to biggrin.gif .

She is not an attorney, she is a Trade Mark Attorney i.e. she does this for a living. Anyway no need to discuss the ins & outs of UK trademark law (thankfully) as it turns out it has nothing to do with Mr C.

Ta

Paul

Social source share

York Press article:

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/yorknews/d..._sparks_row.php

The Soultrain people in Bristol are actually nothing to do with Don Cornelius who has the trade marks registered. Very curious to know how they get away with using the name. :)

Anyway, best get there early on Saturday, think it might be busy biggrin.gif

My thoughts exactly paul, we didn`t know who it was just a phone number on daves phone, this publicity may backfire on them for using the name themselves, see you saturday paul REGARDS HARRY :P

Social source share

Next time I suggest you go with a brand along the lines of something like 'SOUL CITY' for example.

You know, something that is that original, that other like-minded forward thinking people, like yourself obviously, whom have actually taken note of over-used stereo-typical poorly thought out, 'Nah we'll give it a miss' 'headlining', punter grabbing, promotional killers such as that a go.

It may save you the odd post or two....maybe!?

Social source share

As i said barry when i started trhis event some seven years ago it was held at THE JUNCTION in YORK so i looked for a brand name to combine the two, and york having a railway history SOULTRAIN just came as the obvious, if the others under the same name have been using this brand for 15yrs then its taken a long time for them to complain about our logo, but thankfully its resolved now no damage done infact in some ways the publicity has actually done us a favour :)

Social source share

Been running a soul night in york for the past six years under the name of SOULTRAIN YORK or YORK SOULTRAIN my mate who leaves his contact number on our flyers has recieved a text message today from www.soultrain.com telling him with immediate effect to stop using the name of SOULTRAIN as it is a registered name, can anybody give me any view on this, many thanks :)

harry you could call yourselves york steam train... but then id guess the crewe guys would be after you eh.????? laugh.gif:P:lol:

if you get sent down... before the citrus can i still take di?? regards k

Social source share

Been running a soul night in york for the past six years under the name of SOULTRAIN YORK or YORK SOULTRAIN my mate who leaves his contact number on our flyers has recieved a text message today from www.soultrain.com telling him with immediate effect to stop using the name of SOULTRAIN as it is a registered name, can anybody give me any view on this, many thanks :)

harry ive just been on there website they look good shows can you give them a ring and try to wangle some discounts for the york branch of soultrain laugh.gif:P:lol: k... are you still a promoter or do they just want you as a manager???? with di as office seretary....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert