Boot Or Not

ok.....im at work so yet to play it and cant post a pic but postie has just dropped me "ive got something good" sam and kitty....checked out in the bootleg book before buying and it has the matrix number 4- bros-10467-1 seller told me it was stamped so i thought it was good...but its only scratched without the AT .....apparently there are 3 different originals (one is styrene delta no 62652) and 3 different boots none with the right matrix....confusing or what !....has anyone got any of the boots ? what numbers are on them ? and have i got one of them ?!!!! by the way its moulded vinyl too

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest lifeandsoul

think there was a thread on this not too long ago with scans and stuff

just going off on a tangent, back in the mists of time, i remember getting this and thinking it was 'cutting edge' i suppose, as a young un' going up to Rich Kings to get me hair cut on a saturday morning, only to find it was well and truly passe, and leaving with my tail between my legs in front of the older lads!

where the sound sits now i dunno, what goes around comes around i guess!

Social source share

yeah i know its a bit "old hat "shall we say but i love it,had it on a grapevine demo for years and to be honest cant remember the last time i played it out !!...but just wanted it on original and was well under book price ...but over boot price !!...might be able to get my cash back and havnt been caught before so....

Social source share

ok.....im at work so yet to play it and cant post a pic but postie has just dropped me "ive got something good" sam and kitty....checked out in the bootleg book before buying and it has the matrix number 4- bros-10467-1 seller told me it was stamped so i thought it was good...but its only scratched without the AT .....apparently there are 3 different originals (one is styrene delta no 62652) and 3 different boots none with the right matrix....confusing or what !....has anyone got any of the boots ? what numbers are on them ? and have i got one of them ?!!!! by the way its moulded vinyl too

Matrix on mine 4-bros-10467-11 And says distributed by atco record sales co underneath the four brothers label logo. Hope that helps

Steve

Social source share

There is a thread for this on 'The sharp end of vinyl' - I have a yellow issue and white demo both of which have 'scratched' in numbers BUT both have the AT scratched in. There is a scan showing what is supposed to be the 'correct number 4' for the original. Interesting point here, the 4's are slightly different on both sides the record with the 4 on the 'I've got something good' side being more upright than the 4 on the 'Love is the greatest' side.

Strange world of northern soul or what?

Julian

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert