Velvelettes

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Could anyone confirm that the Velvelettes - These Things Will Keep Me Loving You (with alternative lyrics) ever saw the light of day on a CD?

Much obliged.

Hi Dave

Its on the This is Northern Soul vol 1 that Chris King did of 100% Motown northern a few years ago.

It just doesn't sound right to me!

Social source share

Hi Dave

Its on the This is Northern Soul vol 1 that Chris King did of 100% Motown northern a few years ago.

It just doesn't sound right to me!

Hi Brian,

What? The actual recording or the fact that it's strange to hear such a familiar 45 with different words? I know Chris pulled lots of stuff from the vaults including a few that surprised a few of us. That version of The Sparkles Try Love etc. (Can't remember who it was now). Al Pollard has the acetate of it. Also he pulled a track by The Magnetics from the same source didn't he? (Or maybe he just covered that one up I forget). All great tracks though.

Social source share

Could anyone confirm that the Velvelettes - These Things Will Keep Me Loving You (with alternative lyrics) ever saw the light of day on a CD?

Much obliged.

I have this on a motown chartbusters lp is that the version? :lol:

oops should have read all the thread, i`ll answer my own question, yes it is harry lol

Edited by HARRY CROSBY
Social source share

I have this on a motown chartbusters lp is that the version? :lol:

oops should have read all the thread, i`ll answer my own question, yes it is harry lol

correct harry,i think its m/chartbusters lp 5 or 6??? its the one with the big bug thingy on the front cover,it probably also did get reissued on a legit cd :lol::lol:ph34r.gif
Social source share

yeh but don`t think that ones with the different lyrics chris, ive got a british issue of the more common lyrics take, had a talk with someone a couple of years ago about this and as far as he new the motown chartbusters LP was the only release of the alternative take :thumbup:
correct again harry, :lol:ph34r.gif:lol::lol:
Social source share

yeh but don`t think that ones with the different lyrics chris, ive got a british issue of the more common lyrics take, had a talk with someone a couple of years ago about this and as far as he new the motown chartbusters LP was the only release of the alternative take :thumbup:

Without searching for the old thread, AFAIK the TMG580 issue with the original words was the mono take, the stereo take has the different words and this was the one used for the reissued single and - am I right? - all the subsequent reissues.

Hippo.

Social source share

Thanks Matey. I never realised this was available on vinyl. Something new every day eh? Excellent.

Hello Dave , Motown chartbusters 6 was the first LP I ever bought aged 14 , and for years thought the version on the album WAS the original version .It wasn't until I bought a Soul label copy that I discovered the difference !! Best Wishes ,Eddie

Social source share

Hello Dave , Motown chartbusters 6 was the first LP I ever bought aged 14 , and for years thought the version on the album WAS the original version .It wasn't until I bought a Soul label copy that I discovered the difference !! Best Wishes ,Eddie

Me too eddie, funnily enough i was looking at it yesterday and underneath the spacecraft it says MOTOR TOWN REVUE 2008 how spooky`s that then laugh.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert