paultp

Going through boxes and came across this:

post-2247-1209308796_thumb.jpg

It's a 4 track E.P. with the following tracks on it:

1. Reggie Alexander - It's Better

2. Johnny Mae Mathews - I Have no Choice

3. Kenny Shepard - What Difference Does It Make

4. Bobby Kline - Say Something Nice To Me

Just wondered if anyone knew its origin or anything about it? Is it a legitamate release? Can't remember where I got it from.

Cheers

Paul

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

thought it was a boot from the mid 90s.dont know who did em tho

dave

As late as that? Well, there you go.

It has the legends:

"Pure Manchester" and what looks like "orlake" scratched in the enormous run out grooves.

Many thanks for the info, off to eBay it will go.

Cheers

Paul

Social source share

Going through boxes and came across this:

post-2247-1209308796_thumb.jpg

It's a 4 track E.P. with the following tracks on it:

1. Reggie Alexander - It's Better

2. Johnny Mae Mathews - I Have no Choice

3. Kenny Shepard - What Difference Does It Make

4. Bobby Kline - Say Something Nice To Me

Just wondered if anyone knew its origin or anything about it? Is it a legitamate release? Can't remember where I got it from.

Cheers

Paul

I think Mark Bicknell did them, legally, around 1994/5

Social source share

I think Mark Bicknell did them, legally, around 1994/5

We i.e. John Wilkinson and myself were involved with this E.P. not the best thing I've been involved with on the scene over the years, we did go through the correct channel's in terms of getting clearence and permission with the MCPS and paid the fee for each track, the fee goes into a fund should the pubishers, label owners etc. still be around and is there for them to claim, this MCPS route has been used over the years on re - issue stuff but is not the best way to do things, this is a loophole I found out later to be able to press records but never really sat well with me of sorts this was a legal re-issue as you need to show paperwork to repitable pressing plants in this country before they will press the records, however the stick we got from various people regarding this resulted in me handing it all over to John and we left it at that, I'm sure John still has all the paperwork on this but I know John is not on the scene anymore to be able to confirm it was of sorts legit, certainly more legit than some re - issues before and since.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

We i.e. John Wilkinson and myself were involved with this E.P. not the best thing I've been involved with on the scene over the years, we did go through the correct channel's in terms of getting clearence and permission with the MCPS and paid the fee for each track, the fee goes into a fund should the pubishers, label owners etc. still be around and is there for them to claim, this MCPS route has been used over the years on re - issue stuff but is not the best way to do things, this is a loophole I found out later to be able to press records but never really sat well with me of sorts this was a legal re-issue as you need to show paperwork to repitable pressing plants in this country before they will press the records, however the stick we got from various people regarding this resulted in me handing it all over to John and we left it at that, I'm sure John still has all the paperwork on this but I know John is not on the scene anymore to be able to confirm it was of sorts legit, certainly more legit than some re - issues before and since.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Cheers Mark,

Nice choice of tracks too :(

Ta

Paul

Social source share