You've Been Chinned

KevH

Hi,some words/phrases are unique to the soul scene,but seem in decline (ie; div,blocking etc),,so here goes.....

Chinned ~ to have info on a record brought into doubt,or even disproven.

Chin stirrer ~ to take part in a chin-off (3rd party),purely for mischief.

Chin-off ~ facts in dispute sorted once and for all. (eg: i was there during a chin-off between......)

Chin-ese ~ to talk in a less than factual way about a particular tune.(eg: yeah its worth blah,blah......)

Chin out ~ to ask someone to butt out during a serious conversation whislt they are talking Chin-ese.

any more?..KEV :thumbup: .

btw,ought to mention this is a tribute to the term "CHINSTROKERS" , a personal fave of mine.

Edited by KevH
Social source share

• Replies 84
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi,some words/phrases are unique to the soul scene,but seem in decline (ie; div,blocking etc),,so here goes.....

Chin-off ~ facts in dispute sorted once and for all. (eg: i was there during a chin-off between......)

Chin-ese ~ to talk in a less than factual way about a particular tune.(eg: yeah its worth blah,blah......)

Chin out ~ to ask someone to butt out during a serious conversation whislt they are talking Chin-ese.

any more?..KEV :wave: .

===============

chin-dig an event of epic proportions amongst the northern scene's Jimmy Hill fraternity

chin-up the ultimate praise for a record

chin-excess A lack of tables for the 'thoughtful' to congregate round

chin-noble A massive faux pas by a DJ........... perhaps playing/liking something in the top 500

:thumbup:

Winnie :-)

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

======

Chin and tonic Little known film, think the Matrix meets quadrophenia

Chin-timacy-sharing knowledge only within your small clique of collectors/DJ's.....

:thumbup::wave::lol:

Social source share

Guest Dr Pickles

===============

chin-dig an event of epic proportions amongst the northern scene's Jimmy Hill fraternity

chin-up the ultimate praise for a record

chin-excess A lack of tables for the 'thoughtful' to congregate round

chin-noble A massive faux pas by a DJ........... perhaps playing/liking something in the top 500

:thumbup:

Winnie :-)

Chin-a-go-round Head movement when checking authenticity of labels

Chin-a-plate The ceremonial breaking of a boot on stage

I thank you :wave:

Doc

Social source share

Chin-dlers List-secret wants list you won't show your buddies, so they don't beat you to 'em!

Edited by recordwanted
Social source share

Chin-dlers List-secret wants list you won't show your buddies, so they don't beat you to 'em!

PRICELESS :shhh::lol:

Chin seng - mellow grooves to chill you out

Chin liner - what small time collectors keep their tunes in (mines more of a pedal chin)

Stubble rash - the remnants of an evening spent in the company of......(feel free to fill this part in)

Social source share

Chin - resting, applie to all topics of interest,

Chin- ners ..these apply to Friday and Saturday night people who are actually trying to read a screen with one eye shut trying to focus, and are actually holding up their heads with one hand whilst trying to type with the other... these are affectionately known now in as Chinners, observed at all times by the chin-spectors

Edited by Sister Dawn
Social source share

Chin Fantile ~ to 'spit out ones dummy' over musical differences.

Chin-Plode ~ to totally 'lose it' - when DJ'ing to an empty dancefloor.

Chin-Tegrity ~ to admit that you actually purchased Bootlegs - as a teenager!

Chin Quiry ~ to ask about the Delta Matrix details on a particular record.

Chin Cest~ to share your records with a family member.

:shhh:

Social source share

Guest Bogue

Chin'dits - Small groups dedicated to discussing the merits of Far Eastern releases.

Chin'chilla - A mediator in over heated Chin-Offs

Social source share

Chin Fantile ~ to 'spit out ones dummy' over musical differences.

Chin-Plode ~ to totally 'lose it' - when DJ'ing to an empty dancefloor.

Chin-Tegrity ~ to admit that you actually purchased Bootlegs - as a teenager!

Chin Quiry ~ to ask about the Delta Matrix details on a particular record.

Chin Cest~ to share your records with a family member.

:(

============

the chin-ternet The ideal place to discuss hot topics mid week when one is having withdrawal symptoms.........

Social source share

Guest edsuede

any more?..KEV :( .

btw,ought to mention this is a tribute to the term "CHINSTROKERS" , a personal fave of mine.

A couple spring to mind....

CHIN CROWD - Term for gaggle of 'strokers'. As used in proud boast "I'm in with the Chin Crowd, I go where the Chin Crowd go...."

CAPTAIN OF CHINDUSTRY - Person who is so obsessed with first pressings, matrix numbers, etc that all around them believe they do this as a full-time job!

Social source share

Guest outonthefloor

Chin chiller= A very cute but hairy record collector :(

never found one of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :rolleyes:

Come on...u musta met Dave Rimmer!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Social source share

A couple spring to mind....

CHIN CROWD - Term for gaggle of 'strokers'. As used in proud boast "I'm in with the Chin Crowd, I go where the Chin Crowd go...."

CAPTAIN OF CHINDUSTRY - Person who is so obsessed with first pressings, matrix numbers, etc that all around them believe they do this as a full-time job!

f***in classic ! :(:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest edsuede

any more?..KEV :rolleyes: .

:( Also...

Chinner Lady - Female of the species

Chindependent - Person who's whole life revolves around original and rare vinyl. Must get their fix daily. Dependency increases over the years to the point where the victim can think of nothing else, often spending huge amounts of money and associating with other addicts.

Social source share

Guest edsuede

:( Also...

Chinner Lady - Female of the species

Chindependent - Person who's whole life revolves around original and rare vinyl. Must get their fix daily. Dependency increases over the years to the point where the victim can think of nothing else, often spending huge amounts of money and associating with other addicts.

And.....

Chin-ese Checkers - Rare and un-released sounds from a well-known Chicago record label favoured by strokers :rolleyes:

Social source share

On the chin ~ to over indulge in record conversation,usually at an all nighter (eg:"My god ,he's been on the chin all f*cking nite!!).

Bending my chin ~ to be on the receiving end of someone "on the chin"(see above), eg:"He's been bending my chin all f*cking nite".

Fiat Chin-quecento ~ 2nd car of a record collector, as in :"Just off to the Post Office Depot love,to pick up a "parcel" :thumbsup: .I'll take the Chin-quecento".

Social source share

Guest Trevski

chin-quecento- Standard reply when asked how much a rare record is

Chin-chin old chap- Standard greeting of the chin strokers

Chin-Ed. - Degree worthy study of price guides

"Chin-chinnery, chin-chinnery, chin-chin cheree, a chinners as lucky, as lucky can be!" Joyous song as the letterbox rattles and a new tune is delivered.

Chin-strapped- being skint after spending too much on vinyl.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert