What Passes As Northern Soul On Ebay

Dean

You know when you're trying to explain to a work colleague or some acquaintance where you spent the weekend, and you find youself trying to define Northern Soul - don't you just love it when they've seen something like this! There goes the cred! Amazing what passes as NS, I know someone is going to come on and quote "9 times out of 10" and pop wigan sounds, or claim this is super rare and I'm blinkered, but come on......

northern soul popcorn - cliff richard

listen - some of these daysItem number: 110244614366

post-5677-1209078160.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Netspeaky

BROWSING ON EBAY UK LAST NIGHT, DID ABOUT 60 PAGES OF SOUL/RNB CLASSICS WITH ARTISTS SUCH AS DES, WHAM, ROBBIE WILLIAMS, BEE GEES ETC.. ACTUALLY ABOUT 1 IN EVERY 10 ITEMS LISTED HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH SOUL OR RNB :thumbsup: .

BRI.

Possible reason could be that the seller is selling lots of items, and uses the sell similar to save time, and then forgets to amend the listing category, I know I've done this myself, and then had to spend ages going into my sales to amend them, it's an easy mistake to do.

Social source share

The best one I've seen was a few years ago on the US eBay site (as ever :rolleyes: ) listed as a "Northern Soul Classic".

It was a copy of The Goodees - Black Pudding Bertha (The Queen Of Northern Soul).

I can just imagine the seller reaching it in his pile of sh*te records and saying "Phew, no research needed here then"

:thumbsup:

Social source share

The best one I've seen was a few years ago on the US eBay site (as ever :rolleyes: ) listed as a "Northern Soul Classic".

It was a copy of The Goodees - Black Pudding Bertha (The Queen Of Northern Soul).

I can just imagine the seller reaching it in his pile of sh*te records and saying "Phew, no research needed here then"

:lol:

mp3 of black pudding bertha anyone smile.gif

chris :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

You know when you're trying to explain to a work colleague or some acquaintance where you spent the weekend, and you find youself trying to define Northern Soul - don't you just love it when they've seen something like this! There goes the cred! Amazing what passes as NS, I know someone is going to come on and quote "9 times out of 10" and pop wigan sounds, or claim this is super rare and I'm blinkered, but come on......

northern soul popcorn - cliff richard

listen - some of these daysItem number: 110244614366

Tell em' nothing, as far as their concerned you went for a quiet meal with friends at the weekend, and that you are not really into Northern Soul.

Social source share

Guest mel brat

HI DEAN, i'm after a Des O'Connor record which i believe was played at Wigan.So if you see his "Dick a dum dum",let me know.

If I'd seen Des O'Conner's "Dick-A-Dum-Dum", I'd be onto the 'News of the World'!

post-4950-1209288484_thumb.jpg

(Ooohh! 'ere missus, no... don't etc.) laugh.gif

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert