Wigan Bogs, Odd Betting Practises

Barry

We all saw some very odd things in the bogs at ***** but by far the scariest practise was the lads that used to shoot air into their veins, via a syringe, and let the air bubble travel up their arm (Bearing in mind if the bubble went over your shoulder - VHOOM! - into your brain and you weren't gonna be in the bogs next week), whilst the two opposing groups of 'friends' of the topless bubble armed gamblers, laid bets on who would bottle out first.

Basically, the lad who allowed the air bubble to travel the farthest up his arm, won.

They then forced the air bubble back down the vein and out the puncture-hole.

FFS!!

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Gavin Page

We all saw some very odd things in the bogs at ***** but by far the scariest practise was the lads that used to shoot air into their veins, via a syringe, and let the air bubble travel up their arm (Bearing in mind if the bubble went over your shoulder - VHOOM! - into your brain and you weren't gonna be in the bogs next week), whilst the two opposing groups of 'friends' of the topless bubble armed gamblers, laid bets on who would bottle out first.

Basically, the lad who allowed the air bubble to travel the farthest up his arm, won.

FFS!!

:thumbup: Kin Ell ! Done some silly things in my time but as you say FFS!

Social source share

:thumbup: Kin Ell ! Done some silly things in my time but as you say FFS!

I stuck to Ten Bob wally meself.

Not much safer in reality due to the 5mm of piss that your ten bob had to surf through on it's way to the wall before you picked it up.

Pie anyone?

Social source share

FFS!!

Won what ?

What was the next " game " for these oppertunists ? - Russian Labotomy ? ........

I have heard some tales about goings on at W***n , but the " bubble shooting up " takes the garibaldi ........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Won what ?

What was the next " game " for these oppertunists ? - Russian Labotomy ? ........

I have heard some tales about goings on at W***n , but the " bubble shooting up " takes the garibaldi ........

Malc Burton

Their mates put money on who would be the 'winner'.

I never took me Dad again after that.

Social source share

Their mates put money on who would be the 'winner'.

I never took me Dad again after that.

You took your Father to Wigan ? .........

Anyway , I thought that the only bets were placed , was when it was going through its' commercial phase , in order to see when / if Dustbin would play a soul record ........

The tongue - in - cheek statement in the last paragraph was meant as a joke , before the TSNBTNOTHS * police knock on my door ........

( * Thou shalt not besmirch the name of the holy shrine )

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

I stuck to Ten Bob wally meself.

Not much safer in reality due to the 5mm of piss that your ten bob had to surf through on it's way to the wall before you picked it up.

Pie anyone?

Barry, not sure if the unit measurement of "5mm" was invented at the time :thumbsup:

Social source share

FFS!!

As everyone else has said - what the fook! Were people that bored? I thought the "hard core" boys who were into cranking there gear would have been to eager to get there buzz.

The mind boggles - there's certainly did.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kevnewry

As everyone else has said - what the fook! Were people that bored? I thought the "hard core" boys who were into cranking there gear would have been to eager to get there buzz.

The mind boggles - there's certainly did.

AINT THAT THE TRUTH..... TRIED TO STAY OUTA THOSE INFAMOUS BOGS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. THERE MUST HAVE BEEN A WHOLE NEW WORLD IN THERE :rolleyes: WENT IN ONCE 2 TRY ON A PAIR OF SPENCERS ME MUM ASKED ME THE NEXT DAY... DID U PISS YOURSELF LAST NIGHT SON :rolleyes: .

Social source share

Guest Mark Holmes

After the first time I went to bogs and thought I had walked into New Delhi during a monsoon I thought there must be a scientific way to avoid this. So I only drank waht I could sweat out therefore avoiding typhoid, bubonic plague and anything else that could survive a nuclear winter but could reside in Station Road. In the bogs that is.

Edited by Mark Holmes
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert