Trojan Records On Soul Scene

just been listening to some trojan as you do and was thinking the zodiacs --renegade-- and the gaylets --lonely feeling-- could pass at a soul do i think or am i going mad any other rude boy ska reggae etc crossed the devide or have i missed out along the way and these were tunes spinned at various times

kieran

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The Zodiacs could never be played, it's out and out ska - and it came out on Island. There's not that much soul on the actual Trojan label. Nice version of Make Me Yours by Phyllis Dillon springs to mind. But there are lots of soul tracks scattered around on the multitude of reggae labels.

Jimmy James is quite rare on orange and white Trojan, most people think it's first release was the blue one.

Social source share

Guest andrew bin

just been listening to some trojan as you do and was thinking the zodiacs --renegade-- and the gaylets --lonely feeling-- could pass at a soul do i think or am i going mad any other rude boy ska reggae etc crossed the devide or have i missed out along the way and these were tunes spinned at various times

kieran

try and get hold of trojan Reggae sisiters box set theres some lovely stuff on there including the gaylets, phillis dillon and judy mowat

i was lucky enough to get hold of the gaylets that lonely feeling a few months back :yes: cheap

https://www.soulclub.org/stream/The_Gaylets...ely_Feeling.ram

Edited by andrew bin
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

The Zodiacs could never be played, it's out and out ska - and it came out on Island. There's not that much soul on the actual Trojan label. Nice version of Make Me Yours by Phyllis Dillon springs to mind. But there are lots of soul tracks scattered around on the multitude of reggae labels.

Jimmy James is quite rare on orange and white Trojan, most people think it's first release was the blue one.

Nice soulful funky stepper on the other side of Help Yourself called Why!

Social source share

kieran

del davis -baby don't wake me (bread) a trojan label unless im mistaken

now this is deffo one that's crossed over to the northern scene :lol:

Social source share

del davis -baby don't wake me (bread) a trojan label unless im mistaken

now this is deffo one that's crossed over to the northern scene :lol:

Oh Yes! my copy is actually on the all brown TROJAN label from 1972. Just added this to one of my home compilation 'This Is Jamaican Soul' cds, had it in the car the other day (the cd you filthy minded lot!) and thought what a fabulous piece of crossover soul this is!

Social source share

belive it did think i have it somewhere at home will check in 4 months when i get back from the falklands no not falkland fife falkland south atlantic

soulfully kieran

cold turkey missing my vinyl

is portstanley still standing , what a windswept hole your in ,chin up mate 'not long to go......... :lol:

Social source share

belive it did think i have it somewhere at home will check in 4 months when i get back from the falklands no not falkland fife falkland south atlantic

soulfully kieran

cold turkey missing my vinyl

is portstanley still standing , what a windswept hole your in ,chin up mate 'not long to go......... :unsure:

at the moment blowing a ficking gale horizontal sleet and hail freezing mice fu*king everywhere about to get to work its 16:00 here getting dark already only 3 months 10 days to go all the way through there winter :rolleyes:

thanks for all the posts very educational :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert