The Ten Commandments Of Northern Soul

Guest gordon russell

THOU SHALT ALWAYS ANSWER THE STANDARD ANSWER WHEN ASKED ..WHO IS THAT PERSON? OR WHATS THIS RECORD?....THAT IS f*** KNOWS LOL :wicked:

Social source share

• Replies 145
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

THOU SHALL NEVER GO TO A LOCAL DO THATS SHIT CAUSE YOU CANT BE ARSED TO GO 200MILES TO A NITER LIKE M/TON BURNLEY 100 CUB WILTON etc then moan about handbagers jivin to "jimmy mack " 7 times DURING SHIT LOCAL DO :lol: DO THE RIGHT THING MAKE THE EFFORT>>>CU ALL AT BURNLEY..DS WELCOME :wicked:

Social source share

THOU SHALL NEVER REMEMBER WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN.........WHAT OR HOW YOU DID ANYTHING.............OR NOTHING DEPENDING ON WHOS ASKIN.............WHY AND WITH WHOM YOU DID IT..............AND HAVE NO MONEY IN YOUR POCKET WHEN U LEAVE HOME>>>>AND WHEN YOU RETURN ALSO!!!!!!!!!! :wicked: the last one being the easist :lol:

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Thou shalt always endeavour to leave a venue five minutes before the lights go on, lest ye be disapointed that the object of desire has turned into a 'Two bagger"..... :wicked:

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest Dirk Tiggler

Thou whilst carry on dancing to a record you've never heard before when getting confused with the intro. "Oh yes, I know this"

Social source share

ON LEAVING TO TRAVEL TO A FAR AWAY NITER ALL NONE DRIVERS SHALL IMBIBE VARIOUS LIQUIDS AND SUBSTANCES SUFFIENT TO GET THEM IN THE MOOD IMMEDIATLEY AND INSTRUCT THE DRIVER TO TURN UP THE MUSIC AS THE NITER DUST START NOW< SO WHY ARE YOU KEEPIN TO THE ........SPEED ...LIMIT :wicked: AND REFUSE TO GIVE SAID MISCREANT BEHIND THE WHEEL ANY PETROL MONEY UNLESS HE JOINS IN :lol:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Thou whilst carry on dancing to a record you've never heard before when getting confused with the intro. "Oh yes, I know this"

:wicked::lol::P:g: ....YOU MUST BE A CHILD OF THE NIGHT LOL

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

THOU SHALT NEVER WEAR A SLEEVELESS PULLOVER IN THE KESTREL SUITE :lol: IM INTROUBLE NOW :wicked:

:P:g::no: .....YEH TONY PARKER.....TOLD YA SO LOL

Social source share

Guest Dirk Tiggler

Thou shalt find the inner strengh to finish your frenectic dance to "Looky Looky" even though you fear a heart attack is only seconds away...

Social source share

ON LEAVING TO TRAVEL TO A FAR AWAY NITER ALL NONE DRIVERS SHALL IMBIBE VARIOUS LIQUIDS AND SUBSTANCES SUFFIENT TO GET THEM IN THE MOOD IMMEDIATLEY AND INSTRUCT THE DRIVER TO TURN UP THE MUSIC AS THE NITER DUST START NOW< SO WHY ARE YOU KEEPIN TO THE ........SPEED ...LIMIT whistling.gif AND REFUSE TO GIVE SAID MISCREANT BEHIND THE WHEEL ANY PETROL MONEY UNLESS HE JOINS IN :wicked:

Thou could find thyself on roller skates, whilst holding rear bumper if thou start talking serious bo----ks as thou has endulged in above, particularly tomorrow night as the aforementioned "miscreant" albeit not holier than thou is behind the wheel for the holy grail that is Burnley.....so I say confess your sins now Mr.Brown, and seek forgiveness innocent.gif

Social source share

Guest mark shepherd

thou shall only lip sync the words to a track, if you have prior knowledge of that track.

under no circumstances shall thy dance and try to guess which word is coming next, for the purposes of lip syncing.

you'll only look like a tw*t,

just an observation laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest marge

1.Thou shalt not

*throw talc on the dance floor at all, OR,

*throw talc all over the entire dance floor

*throw talc over a perfectly good sprung based dancefloor

*throw talc at all when you only intend dancing once

*throw talc other than the edge of the dance floor

- delete as applicable

2. thou shalt not admit to liking oldies. Especially overplayed ones - complete heathens. Except when said oldie has qualified as being 'rested'.

3. Thou shalt never, ever, ever admit to dancing to Footsie. Not even at Youth club. You were 'strictly only dance to cover ups' kinda kid. From the age of 10. You Just Said No.

4. Thou shalt never admit to sporting an 80's style 'big hair' barnet while simultaeously dancing to jazz funk in plastic sandals

5. Thou shalt never tell the person who has just hugged and greeted you on arrival at a niter that you don't have the foggiest who they are

6. Thou shalt never regret a whole weekender searching for one record for the entire weekend and missing the party

I can't get to 10 commandments..

good idea for a thread though, even if mine are cr@p

Social source share

1. Thou shall get collected from your house at approx 7.30pm Saturday.

2. Thou shall talk loudly about how you've been waiting for this all week.

3. Thou shall pass around home made cigarettes and think 'Yes! It's started'

4. Thou shall drive up the motorway, talking b*ll*cks and steadily increase the volume on the stereo.

5. Thou shall stop half an hour before arriving at the designated nighter to 'refresh' yourself before arrival.

6. Thou shall get lost and look blankly at the sat nav muttering about it 'making no f*cking sense'

7. Thou shall dance/talk/attempt to sell a few tunes and generally have the best night out since...well....since last weekend!

8. Thou shall have a surreal journey home involving uncontrollable laughter, periods of time when you just stare forward and think 'god, i'm f*cked...again.

9. Thou shall arrive back home at approx 10am and bid a long, long goodbye to your travelling companions who as at every Sunday at this time are now like family to you, just brilliant people. Thou shall enter the house to the yells and screams of one wife, one 4 year old daughter and one 2 month old son as they do the morning torture of breakfast.......it is imperative that all questions are evaded, that you appear to be exhausted and that bed is the only solution until much, much later.

10. Thou shall feel like sh*t until around Wednesday, when thou shall start to plan for the next weekend.

:wicked::lol::lol:whistling.gifthumbsup.gif:wicked:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest marge

1. Thou shall get collected from your house at approx 7.30pm Saturday.

2. Thou shall talk loudly about how you've been waiting for this all week.

3. Thou shall pass around home made cigarettes and think 'Yes! It's started'

4. Thou shall drive up the motorway, talking b*ll*cks and steadily increase the volume on the stereo.

5. Thou shall stop half an hour before arriving at the designated nighter to 'refresh' yourself before arrival.

6. Thou shall get lost and look blankly at the sat nav muttering about it 'making no f*cking sense'

7. Thou shall dance/talk/attempt to sell a few tunes and generally have the best night out since...well....since last weekend!

8. Thou shall have a surreal journey home involving uncontrollable laughter, periods of time when you just stare forward and think 'god, i'm f*cked...again.

9. Thou shall arrive back home at approx 10am and bid a long, long goodbye to your travelling companions who as at every Sunday at this time are now like family to you, just brilliant people. Thou shall enter the house to the yells and screams of one wife, one 4 year old daughter and one 2 month old son as they do the morning torture of breakfast.......it is imperative that all questions are evaded, that you appear to be exhausted and that bed is the only solution until much, much later.

10. Thou shall feel like sh*t until around Wednesday, when thou shall start to plan for the next weekend.

:wicked::lol::lol:whistling.gifthumbsup.gif:wicked:

lol, I love 4 and 10!

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

When nousing up a spin thou shalt look witheringly at the dancefloor.

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

Thou could find thyself on roller skates, whilst holding rear bumper if thou start talking serious bo----ks as thou has endulged in above, particularly tomorrow night as the aforementioned "miscreant" albeit not holier than thou is behind the wheel for the holy grail that is Burnley.....so I say confess your sins now Mr.Brown, and seek forgiveness innocent.gif

i been seeking forgiveness a long time mike..i will be ready and waiting..probably end up on the roof rack with mr weston ohmy.gif:wicked: cheers mate

CANT REMEMBER WHEN SO MUCH BULLSHIT WAS SO TRUE TO LIVE........THIS HAS RE IGNITED MY LOVE FOR THE MAD FRIENDLY PEOPLE I SEE ON A SATURDAY NIGHT>>>>>>>>BRILL THREAD< EZZIE

Social source share

Even when the record comes to a very abrupt stop ...as some do!! :D

Thou shalt be in control of ones self even after consuming vast quantities of chinese smarties AND NOT DANCE MOST OF THE WAY THROUGH THE F***** RAFFLE.... (you know who you are) at a Xmas soulnite :yes::lol::lol:

Social source share

2. thou shalt not admit to liking oldies. Especially overplayed ones - complete heathens. Except when said oldie has qualified as being 'rested'.

how long should an oldie be rested, myself being young i don't need to rest very long :yes:

Social source share

Thou shalt not be anal and open ones ears to the Eclectic sounds. :yes:

Thou shalt not carve.

Thou shalt wait a lifetime for that evasive tune.

Thou shalt not start a wants list.

Thou shalt have a good time even in the middle of the country side.

Thos shalt ask the local for directions even if he is carrying a banjo.

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

THOU SHALT F**K OFF HOME IMEDIATELY FROM ANY DO .....IF THE TUNES YOUR PLAYING IN THE CAR ON THE WAY THERE ARE A WHOLE LOT BETTER :yes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert