Modern Soul Venues In Essex

Guest Jacie

Guest Jacie

I know there is Monumenal and McNasties in London... But, does anyone know of any venues that play Modern Soul in Kent or Essex... I particularly enjoy Five Special, Beloyd, Wizdom, and Ebony Alleyne, plus many others. If you know of any, please let me know rolleyes.gif

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I know there is Monumenal and McNasties in London... But, does anyone know of any venues that play Modern Soul in Kent or Essex... I particularly enjoy Five Special, Beloyd, Wizdom, and Ebony Alleyne, plus many others. If you know of any, please let me know rolleyes.gif

See link below to events page, next night @ The Ship, Leigh On Sea, Saturday 17 May:

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/calenda...p;event_id=5964

Can't look at their website at moment as my firewall at work is blocking it!

Probably a little too Jazz Funkie for my tastes? Saxafone on here as been, try pm'ing him if you're interested.

If not try Southend - TOTS , or whatever it's called now :boxing:

I know you can't make our next do @ Capone's but as you know we're trying to promote "proper" soul music in Essex :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest shaunmarie

sorry to push in on this thread but ;

soul in sible , may 2nd , not a modern night that i normally run just an owt and owt northern night check out the events calender

b good shaun thumbup.gif

Social source share

I think there's a few things going on depending on your definaition of modern soul. There are do's at Henry's in Aveling(? I think I've got that right). Chris Hill still does the Lacy lady in Ilford but I believe this is mostly Caister type stuff. Probably not exactly what you're after but that's about the closest I can think of. When I sort something out in Kent, I'll let you know.

Social source share

Guest aaaaa

try bluewater or lakeside shopping malls they play that stuff all the time, or any high st branch of next,top shop,jjb sports etc ,or gatecrash a wedding your be able to listen to your hearts content,

Social source share

try bluewater or lakeside shopping malls they play that stuff all the time, or any high st branch of next,top shop,jjb sports etc ,or gatecrash a wedding your be able to listen to your hearts content,

Nice one Martin! Think you forgot the :lol: though!!

BTW Bluewater's in Kent

Edited by Stubbsy
Social source share

Guest aaaaa

Nice one Martin! Think you forgot the :huh: though!!

BTW Bluewater's in Kent

i didnt forget the :lol: john, and i know that bluewater is in kent the question on the thread asked for modern soul venues in kent or essex, but just for you :lol::lol:

Social source share

I know there is Monumenal and McNasties in London... But, does anyone know of any venues that play Modern Soul in Kent or Essex... I particularly enjoy Five Special, Beloyd, Wizdom, and Ebony Alleyne, plus many others. If you know of any, please let me know :rolleyes:

There's a NEW WEEKENDER on Sept 5-7 at Seawick Holiday Park, St.Osyth, Clacton on Sea, Essex

Aimed pretty much at the Modern crowd with a Northern add on.

Impressive DJ Line-up Tel no; -0845 815 9797

Social source share

See link below to events page, next night @ The Ship, Leigh On Sea, Saturday 17 May:

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/calenda...p;event_id=5964

Can't look at their website at moment as my firewall at work is blocking it!

Probably a little too Jazz Funkie for my tastes? Saxafone on here as been, try pm'ing him if you're interested.

Yep, Soul @ The Ship in Leigh has a very friendly crowd despite their heretical devotion to the devil's musak :rolleyes: . I also hear that there is a Soulful R&B / Modern Soul event at Ashwells Country Club, Brentwood, this Saturday 26th April, 2pm to 2am with live appearances from Nicole Jane :ohmy: and Nathan Watson :ohmy: who I am sure are renowned virtuosos of their genre. Contact number for this one is,07775 835901. The link below may give more info.

https://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=55893960

If all that fails, I'm told a certain shed at the bottom of a garden in South Woodham is a Modern Soul shrine on the occassions when Mr Stubbs lets it all hang out :ohmy:

Taff

Edited by Saxafone
Social source share

• 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert