Stomping Ladies Dance Or Is It Strictly For The Guys?

• Replies 29
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just thought I'd ask

I'm told that ladies shouldn't stomp its a "man thing"

what do you reckon?

Mand

Stomper :thumbsup:

The South Yorkshire view on the subject - " If tha feels t'beat , it dunt matter what tha is , owd cock " .........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest nubes

Just thought I'd ask

I'm told that ladies shouldn't stomp its a "man thing"

what do you reckon?

Mand

Stomper :ohmy:

And was that Pearl Of Wisdom told to you by a Gent who can't :thumbsup: ...Delxxx

Social source share

Arrr.

It be mighty dangerous, wot wi' all the hot fat, boiling pans and such in the Galley.

Wenches aught to ensure they can put a decent crease in a chaps pantaloons before enbarkin on jiggin aroun'.

Yarr.

I would'nt let the Mrs anywhere near my pantaloons, with an Iron I mean , :thumbsup: they would look like a set of train tracks :D:lol:

Bazza

As for the question,why not,as long as they have every thing tied down :ohmy: dont want em putting any bodies eye out :lol:

Edited by bazza
Social source share

There is nothing I like more than watching a lady stomping her heart out to a great tune especially if they have big knockers. :thumbsup:

What - like these ? ..........

Malc Burton

post-5097-1208364868.jpg

Social source share

Yep Del...the old man ! he probably stares at the old jubblies jiggin about ..and all the old geezers starin at them along with him :lol:

Correct me if Im wrong (and you no doubt will) :lol:

But isn't shuffling where your feet stay in contact with the floor and stompin means theyre lifted off the floor?

Thats my take on the difference between the two

anyone?

Social source share

On a serious note Steve is right, down Sarf its known as shuffling and the 2 finest examples of the art in mind were Nina and Jenny Knight, a joy to watch

Was'nt 'stomping' the dance style of the majority at Wigan?, both Male and Female...shufflers in my time, (I'm talking Market Harborough, where Manship got started record dealing, Catacombs, Torch, Mecca etc) included some brilliant female dancers, although I've never heard of Nina and Jenny Knight....did they do Kelmarsh and Wilby, is it alright to ask if you remember Dingle?, used to DJ in the Riverside ibn Bedford?

Social source share

Correct me if Im wrong (and you no doubt will) :D

But isn't shuffling where your feet stay in contact with the floor and stompin means theyre lifted off the floor?

anyone?

AT LAST SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT :thumbup:

LET 'EM CALL IT WHAT THEY LIKE DOWN SOUTH. AT LEAST ME AND YOU KNOW WHAT'S WHAT MATE :shades:

Social source share

Correct me if Im wrong (and you no doubt will) :thumbup:

anyone?

Spot on mand,

Stompin used to make a place rattle!! The shuffle was for the more 'softer' sounds.

Social source share

Guest nubes

Was'nt 'stomping' the dance style of the majority at Wigan?, both Male and Female...shufflers in my time, (I'm talking Market Harborough, where Manship got started record dealing, Catacombs, Torch, Mecca etc) included some brilliant female dancers, although I've never heard of Nina and Jenny Knight....did they do Kelmarsh and Wilby, is it alright to ask if you remember Dingle?, used to DJ in the Riverside ibn Bedford?

No...mate...they were among the top dancers from the 80s...Nina could certainly stomp/shuffle the night away like a good un.... :thumbup: ...Delxx

Social source share

AT LAST SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT :thumbup:

LET 'EM CALL IT WHAT THEY LIKE DOWN SOUTH. AT LEAST ME AND YOU KNOW WHAT'S WHAT MATE :shades:

Im from the midlands and stomp records usually have a "stompin" beat

EG "so is the sun" by world column ..thats why they were called stompers

I dance to all of 'em but stomping is much harder to keep going for the 3 minutes of a record

Whereas I could shuffle all night without gettin out of breath!

Mand :D

Social source share

Spot on mand,

Stompin used to make a place rattle!! The shuffle was for the more 'softer' sounds.

Dawn

you'll remember the same as me then that when stompers came on at the palais

if you stood next to the floor you virtually used to stomp without doin it yourself LOLOL :thumbup:

Social source share

Dawn

you'll remember the same as me then that when stompers came on at the palais

if you stood next to the floor you virtually used to stomp without doin it yourself LOLOL :D

I certainly do Mandy, same as the pier at Cleggy, how it never fell into the sea back then god only knows with tracks like Worlds Column on the decks, You could hear the thuding of feet when you were stood on the prom! :ohmy:

Social source share

Im from the midlands and stomp records usually have a "stompin" beat

EG "so is the sun" by world column ..thats why they were called stompers

I dance to all of 'em but stomping is much harder to keep going for the 3 minutes of a record

Whereas I could shuffle all night without gettin out of breath!

Mand wink.gif

Yep, there are definitely stompin tunes and your example I'd say fits the bill exactly. One hell of a stomper!!! :)

One of my faves was/is Psychedelic Soul. Don't think I could manage 3 minutes now though, I used

to struggle in my youngers days. ANYONE KNOW OF ANY GOOD STOMPERS THAT LAST ABOUT A MINUTE, LOL!!! :lol:

Social source share

Yep, there are definitely stompin tunes and your example I'd say fits the bill exactly. One hell of a stomper!!! :D

One of my faves was/is Psychedelic Soul. Don't think I could manage 3 minutes now though, I used

to struggle in my youngers days. ANYONE KNOW OF ANY GOOD STOMPERS THAT LAST ABOUT A MINUTE, LOL!!! :D

Jobbo theyre all killers now mate wether they last 1 minute or 3 LOL :D

I can just manage a full 3 minuter :unsure:

heard the champion the other week christ tha goes on forever

Social source share

Yep agree with Psychedelic Soul being a good Stomping sound, But the one which I find great to stomp too is 'Time' by Edwin Starr it has a superb beat to it and is relatively easy to keep up with. :D:D

The only down side when i do a few stomping tunes on the same night is the next day if i go Mounting Biking my legs usually cramp up after 15 - 20 miles or so :D , but that may be because of the beer :D causing me to dehydrate. I always blame the dancing otherwise the missus would tell me to drink in moderation :unsure: perish the thought.

Social source share

Yep agree with Psychedelic Soul being a good Stomping sound, But the one which I find great to stomp too is 'Time' by Edwin Starr it has a superb beat to it and is relatively easy to keep up with. :ohmy::ohmy:

The only down side when i do a few stomping tunes on the same night is the next day if i go Mounting Biking my legs usually cramp up after 15 - 20 miles or so :( , but that may be because of the beer :lol: causing me to dehydrate. I always blame the dancing otherwise the missus would tell me to drink in moderation :lol: perish the thought.

:lol: Don't worry, I won't tell the missus!!! :lol:

Know what you mean about the legs cramping up. Overdid the

stompin a couple of months ago at Barnsley. The muscles tightened up so much I ruptured a tendon!!! :lol: I can laugh about it now but it hurt like hell at the time. It's very weird hearing something snap in

your leg!!! Maybe should stick to the shufflers?? MY ARSE, lol!!! thumbup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert